Picture request: Bono in HIV-positive T-shirt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2search

War Child
Hi all,

If I'm not mistaken I've seen some video-footage or picture once with Bono wearing a t-shirt (or anything else) with the text HIV-Positive on it. A bit like Annie Lennox did during the Concert for Mandela, but I think the print was a lot smaller.

Anyone else remembers this? When and where? Do you have a picture?
I also seem to remember there was some alternative meaning for the letters HIV, what was that?

I hope someone knows, and I hope I'm not mistaken about the whole thing.

Thanks a lot!

Do you know what color the shirt was? I don't remember a shirt like that, but that might jog someone's memory :hmm:

I know this is not it, and sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know what this shirt says?

bonoadamscaryjan98.jpg

I can't remember when or where, but I think it was on a stage during a speech, and I think it was in black. Not sure though. The print was a lot smaller and it was not in the center but more towards left shoulder.

The only thing I remember positively is that it scared the hell out of me when I first saw it, before figuring out what it was about. That was a year ago. Could have been an much older picture though.

here's a slightly bigger pic:
band0337.jpg

looks like it says "al gueir" or something like that. No idea what it means though :hmm:

I have more pics of this!!!:hyper: I'll look for them, this shirt and I believe hat/bandana Bono is wearing was given to him by some fans in South America!..I'll see if I have details and look for the pic..I think the shirt has a local teams name on it. Im sure someone else will clarify that for me :)

p.s Welcome back Emma! :wave:

My son knows of a man from his place of work, who is HIV positive. The man in question must take 13 pills a day to stay alive. Risky homosexual sexual behavior is the reason for his disease. This man didn't always use condoms.

Also, My husband works with a woman who just lost her son to HIV/Aids.

Please be safe and healthy.

My son knows of a man from his place of work, who is HIV positive. The man in question must take 13 pills a day to stay alive. Risky homosexual sexual behavior is the reason for his disease. This man didn't always use condoms.
I know you're not insinuating that gay individuals are heavily responsible for the spread of HIV/AIDS, however, using the phrase 'risky homosexual behaviour' sounds slightly patronising. Just as many, if not more straight people carry the disease as gay people, and their promiscuous behaviour contributes more greatly to the spread of it. I don't mean to sound rude, I just believe that risky promiscuous unprotected sexual behaviour causes the problems, regardless of whether it's gay or straight or whatever. :)

^ That's right. It should be called "risky sexual behaviour" in general because it affects everyone, gay or straight, man or female, in the same way. Even in our small country the number of newly infected people has risen in recent years because there is less awareness for the infection and the disease, especially among young people. A lot of them think that HIV/AIDS is not a dangerous disease any more because of the medication that is available today.

Back
Top Bottom