PGP - we feel like we're slowly slowly slowly slipping under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:
Night Dis :hug:

Yeah, VP - you wouldn't know anything about family fights over band members :shifty: (It's just lucky for Sarah that Edge smiled at you after he smiled and winked at her. otherwise she might've had to walk home :wink: ) :lol:

Given the circumstances, walking home probably would have been a better option for her. :ohmy: :wink:

She's just lucky it wasn't Bono. :mad: Edge I can deal with - Bono? :no:

FlyYourKite said:
:uhoh: I am scared for tomorrow girls! I'm just nervous I'm going to say the wrong thing or not know what to say to patients. I've never dealt with psych patients before.

:crazy: Someone calm me down!

what do you have to do?

I'm sure you'll do great anyway :hug:

breathe in, and out, and in, and out............

did you ever see that documentary about Bellvue (I think that's the name) in NYC? :ohmy:

Holy F:censored:!!!!! :faint:

eqt1xf.jpg

:combust: :combust:

Whimper :drool: point :faint: WANT!!!!

VintagePunk said:

Well, maybe it's a good thing then. No family fights over the B-man. :wink:
:lol: We stil fight over who the best looking one is. I made the mistake of saying something about Edge's wife in front of Lettie and She didn't speak to me for the rest of the night. The poor child was heart broken!

FlyYourKite said:
:uhoh: I am scared for tomorrow girls! I'm just nervous I'm going to say the wrong thing or not know what to say to patients. I've never dealt with psych patients before.

Awww, you'll be fine. :hug: You'll have lots of supervision, and besides that, you have very good instincts. :)

Diane! :hug:

sami0201 said:

what do you have to do?

I'm sure you'll do great anyway :hug:

breathe in, and out, and in, and out............

did you ever see that documentary about Bellvue (I think that's the name) in NYC? :ohmy:

Tomorrow is just shadowing one of the RN's on the unit cause it's our first day. Wednesday we get our first patient. Psych is a lot of medication-giving and just talking to patients. Not technical and skill-related like the type of nursing we're used to. I think it's just the unknown that's scary. Thanks Sami! :hug:

I haven't seen that documentary...

FlyYourKite said:

:hug: you're a smart, sensitive girl, you'll do just fine! :yes:

hi Diane :hug:

SG I was watching Rattle and Hum the other day, and I forget what song but at one point I saw Adam- the way he was playing his guitar :faint: thought of you and I was like 'hmm, that would make a really good gif! :lol:

FlyYourKite said:

Tomorrow is just shadowing one of the RN's on the unit cause it's our first day. Wednesday we get our first patient. Psych is a lot of medication-giving and just talking to patients. Not technical and skill-related like the type of nursing we're used to. I think it's just the unknown that's scary. Thanks Sami! :hug:

I haven't seen that documentary...

I'm sure you'll do fine :) after the first day you'll be more used to it, too

Snooky pie said:

:lol: We stil fight over who the best looking one is. I made the mistake of saying something about Edge's wife in front of Lettie and She didn't speak to me for the rest of the night. The poor child was heart broken!

I can't even bring myself to think about you-know-who's wife. :madspit:

But since I saw Zoo Sydney, I've developed a liking for Morleigh. :) She looks so sweet, and to deal with what they've had to in their family. :sad: I just want to give her a big hug...

Thanks girls. :hug: :heart: I think I'm just afraid of big awkward silences and our instructor has stressed to us multiple times that we need to get over that and embrace them because often times just sitting with patients is therapeutic.

Hi Diane! :hug:

VP! SG! Sami! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sami, I'm so glad your Internet connection is back, we missed you so much!

:hmm: I wonder what Our Boys are doing for Halloween...probably taking their kiddies trick or treating, then going through the goodie bags and taking the best candy for themselves!

FlyYourKite said:
Thanks girls. :hug: :heart: I think I'm just afraid of big awkward silences and our instructor has stressed to us multiple times that we need to get over that and embrace them because often times just sitting with patients is therapeutic.

Hi Diane! :hug:

That's so true. They just want someone to be with them, and listen. I think a lot of how you approach each patient has to do with their particular disorder and the level of cognition they have. Shadowing the RN will let you see how he/she does it, and will probably make you feel very comfortable by the end of the day. :)

Diane L said:
VP! SG! Sami! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sami, I'm so glad your Internet connection is back, we missed you so much!

:hmm: I wonder what Our Boys are doing for Halloween...probably taking their kiddies trick or treating, then going through the goodie bags and taking the best candy for themselves!

:lmao: I suddenly have an image of Bono dressed up as a giant fluffy bunny or something, holding out his bag and saying trick or treat :lmao:

Hi Plebans! :wave:

Halloween candy :drool: I have eaten very little--didn't buy any because I just can't have it in the house. Turned out the porch light and went out to dinner with a friend instead of hosting trick or treaters. I'm so mean. :reject:

Fly, I've worked with psych patients and you'll be fine. those who are inpatient are sometimes pretty heavily medicated, or are on meds that create some odd side effects (like tardive dyskinesia with schizophrenic patients)...they will have varying levels of interpersonal skills but really, it will be fine and you'll do great. :hug:

VintagePunk said:

That's so true. They just want someone to be with them, and listen. I think a lot of how you approach each patient has to do with their particular disorder and the level of cognition they have. Shadowing the RN will let you see how he/she does it, and will probably make you feel very comfortable by the end of the day. :)

:yes: It certainly depends on the particular patient. I'm sure it will be fine. I always freak out before new clinical rotations :lol:

You girls will NOT like me when I start 12 hour shifts next term. :lmao:

Thanks Ruff! :hug: That makes me feel better.

VintagePunk said:

But since I saw Zoo Sydney, I've developed a liking for Morleigh. :) She looks so sweet, and to deal with what they've had to in their family. :sad: I just want to give her a big hug...

I like and respect Morleigh a lot. She's so beautiful and talented, and she and Edge seem to have a really good marriage. She's practically always smiling in pictures when she's with him, and she looks really happy. And I've worried about her ever since I heard what they are going through...if ever a woman had a perfect life, it was her, and she's now gone through a scary and sad time.

Hi Fly!!! :hug: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom