PGP-Sliding Down The Surface of Things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't make sense that they skipped Philly, Miami, Oakland/SF area, Seattle, Denver

We'll get the last laugh when they play Philly, Denver, Seattle, Oakland, Miami on the next leg and not Chicago, Boston, LA and NYC

If anyone got screwed this leg, it's the West Coast. LA is the only city in California they're playing. :crack: And only 2 cities in all of Canada(Toronto and Vancouver).

Yeah it sucks about Philly, but at least you're going to a few more shows. :)

Well one of the head guys from Live Nation is from Charlottesville, so that is probably why they are playing there. There has been a lot of bigtime bands that have played there.

I know I can go to shows, but it is a little disappointing that there not coming here for at least another 9 months. A lot of people from around think the band hates Philly.

I think the midwest got a little screwed too. Chicago is the only city there playing there, but the Texas area has 3 shows. I should add Detroit to that list too

We'll get the last laugh when they play Philly, Denver, Seattle, Oakland, Miami on the next leg and not Chicago, Boston, LA and NYC

I talked to someone who works in security at Gillette a few months back. U2 is looking into playing there next summer. :hyper:

And you and FA are still getting to see them this leg. :wink:

Well one of the head guys from Live Nation is from Charlottesville, so that is probably why they are playing there. There has been a lot of bigtime bands that have played there.
Yeah I know KISS has played there so Im not to surpraised.

I know changing the subejct just been thinking about this. Are any of you familar with ticketsnow? and have you bought from them? etc?

I bought my tix from there I have them but Im very very nervous about them the closer the date gets the more nervous I get.

I had a dream I got to Phoenix and everything and couldn't get in :yikes:

I know I can go to shows, but it is a little disappointing that there not coming here for at least another 9 months. A lot of people from around think the band hates Philly.

:lol:

That's going a little far, isn't it?

And yeah Norman, OK is random. But I'm sure people from that area who were skipped over in the past are psyched. No tour dates are going to make anyone happy. Someone is going to get skipped. It's just how it is.

:hmm: I heard they were only going to play the places the skipped on this leg.

We'll have to wait and see what they do. I hope they announce it soon, but don't think they will until next year

A lot of people are not happy when their favorite band doesnt come near them especially now with the ecomony right now. Its rough to be able to fork out money and go to a show miles away

I understand that, and it sucks. I'm very lucky that U2 is playing only 9 miles from where I live. But my point is that in every leg, a city of fans is going to get shut out. Like next year, they might play Denver but skip Phoenix. And there will probably be cities that U2 doesn't play nexy leg that got screwed this leg. It's impossible to make everyone happy.

Really. Only 1 UK gig. I would think it would be Manchester.

I also heard that Ireland thing too

I understand that, and it sucks. I'm very lucky that U2 is playing only 9 miles from where I live. But my point is that in every leg, a city of fans is going to get shut out. Like next year, they might play Denver but skip Phoenix. And there will probably be cities that U2 doesn't play nexy leg that got screwed this leg. It's impossible to make everyone happy.

I got cha and understand 100% :)

I had a few U2 dreams last night. One was that my boss made me work the 9/21 show. Another was that I slept til 4 pm the day of the 9/20 show. The last one was that I kept Jem stranded at Logan for 2 days. :reject:

European cities that will definitly get a show are Brussels, Madrid, Rome, Vienna, Zurich

Really. Only 1 UK gig. I would think it would be Manchester.

I also heard that Ireland thing too

Depends on whether either of the bid venues in Manchester would want it? Neither of the clubs need th emoney it would bring...

I can always hope for Emirates Stadium in London as i'll get presale tickets x 12 :lol:

Oh well no point worrying about it, just sees what happens and then plan from there :wink:

Back
Top Bottom