PGP: Is it funny? Is it erotic? Is it BOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a great day, cori! :)

Local theatres are the best. We have none around here any more, sadly. Just our massive alien spaceship theatre. :lmao: That pretty much put the other tiny theatres out of business. Such a shame.

It's usually a big gang of people going out, but it's looking to be a small group tonight. Oh well. Will still be fun.

I am SO MAD at myself that I didn't get a ticket to see Robyn tomorrow night when I had the chance. They sold out in a snap and are now available only for absolutely ridiculous prices.

The good news is that she's doing an in-store at a record store before the show, and I am SO GOING to that.

She's so fucking awesome. I'm so mad at myself. WHAT WAS I THINKING??? :scream:

Gg I hope a good night's sleep takes care of that headache! :hug:
About the gifs... I just re-downloaded the Discotheque video at u2.com and it is a 105 MB flv file. The one I had previously was only a 51.6 mpeg. Not sure what you had but hope that helps. I could possibly try making some gifs too maybe later, however I need to convert it to mov for it to work in my photoshop. Hmm... maybe I'll do the conversion and see how it looks... and if I get bored I'll make a few gifs... :hmm:

I know it might be the last thing I should be doing, but I'm strongly considering getting a new TV. :uhoh:

What kind of TV are you considering? We got ours last year on boxing day, and got an amazing deal on it!

A flat-screen HD LCD, one that's bigger (but not ridiculously so) than the 10-year-old model I have now. I'm eyeing a particular Toshiba that has great reviews on multiple sites and should work fine on my existing TV stand and in my living room.

I need to do a bit of research first, just a few questions, mainly about my cable package. I'm assuming that I already have the HD channels available, and there's no upgrade I have to do. If I turn to those HD channels now, I hear sound but there's no picture; I'm assuming if I had to upgrade, I'd get the usual "call to subscribe" message that shows up when I click on other channels I don't have access to.

Also have a few questions about the connections. I think the basic set-up I have now will work with a new TV, and I could run that through my receiver as well to have the sound come from my nice speakers.

And I do have the money, thanks to a healthy stock price at work right now. :shifty:

(I suppose some might argue I should use that money to go to Montreal instead. :wink: )

Ours is a flatscreen LCD Toshiba, and we love it!:up:

I don't even do the HD channels with it, although we could. I noticed a big difference when watching dvd's though!

I'd love to watch my U2 DVDs on a better picture, that's for sure!

My old TV still works perfectly fine, although there's noticeable deterioration in the picture ... there's a funny little green spot that always weirds me out when someone's face happens to be right in that spot. :lol:

The concerts do look pretty amazing on it, that's for sure!!:hyper:

My hubby wanted a new tv for years, and in store Sears had a mistake where they had the 42 inch and the 46 inch for the same price. They honoured the price for me, but changed it right after!:lol:

My TV now is only 25'. I'm looking at a 37" - I think any bigger will just be too big for my living room.

Ours looks silly really, but we couldn't say no. The plan is to put it in our family room one day, when my son outgrows practicing hockey in there! :huh:

It just hadn't occurred to me that I could get a better TV for the prices I'm seeing. I just had in my mind that I'd be looking at around $1,000.

Silly me.

Prices sure have dropped! :up:

ETS: I saw Momma Mia today, and I loved it! I remember Zooey saying she didn't like it, so I was a bit apprehensive, but I really enjoyed myself! My daughter liked it too. I don't know how well it would translate into a movie, so I don't think I will watch it.

That's cool about a potentially new TV, cori! :up: I have a 27" flatscreen that I got 6 years ago, and it's still working perfectly fine. I would like a bigger TV someday, but the way my living room is, there isn't really room for anything bigger. Plus, the entertainment shelving system I have just barely has enough room for my TV to fit in it, so I'd have to buy a new shelving system as well. :lol:

Jeez, if I want to watch HD channels, I have to get a new DVR/cable box set for HD, and it's another $15.95 a month.

I'll have to think about whether or not I care about HDTV per se. I just want stuff to look better and have a bigger screen!

I just chatted with Comcast - that was handy. She did confirm that if I just plugged in a new HD TV, my regular service would work just fine, I just couldnt' access HDTV channels.

Which is fine, I think. I can always change my mind later and get a new box.

I loved at the end when they sang a few of the really good songs and everyone got up and danced and sang along! It was so much fun! :hyper:

I just picked all the onions off my frozen pizza.

At least, I hope I got them all.

I really hate onions.

I hate mushrooms, too. :yuck:

I just wasn't paying attention to the pizza I bought (garlic chicken), and missed that it was covered in onions.

We'll be gods!!!!!!!!

:heart:

Damn it! Comet had beaten me to the joke. To compensate, here's a Buffy gif:

buffy.gif

That is my tequila face. Complete with the sound she makes.

I want to know where they found Edge's costume. :shifty: And if he still has it...

Hmmmmmm...... :hmm:

Start 'em young, I say! :D
I'm thinking next year I need to be MacPhisto. ;)

I would love to be MacPhisto, but I doubt anyone would know who I was. We all need to get together and have a U2 costume party! :D

Glad you guys are all enjoying HP.

I haven't read any of the books :reject:

Same here. :reject:

I am locking you both in a closet with books and a flash light and not letting you out till you do! :tsk:

I just picked all the onions off my frozen pizza.

At least, I hope I got them all.

I really hate onions.

Onions are bitches.

Back
Top Bottom