Only 3 more days...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
...till the new Harry Potter book comes out!! :dance:

Is anyone else excited? :hyper:

I pre-ordered my copy through Amazon UK, so I won't have my book on Saturday :sigh: I purchased the UK version of HP in a four-book hardcover set as a souvenir when I was in Dublin earlier this year, and I wanted my fifth book to match the first four, so now I have to wait a bit to receive my new book.

But I love all these HP parties that are popping up around town for a Friday midnight release... I'm tempted to go to one :shifty:

I AM SO EXCITED....haha. And I will be goin to get my book at midnight. Barnes and Noble called me the other day to remind me. hehe. :wink:

I'm so disappointed in myself. I haven't read #4 yet. I pre- ordered that one when it came out and never read it. I'm still buying #5 because I want the whole set. I think the fact that #5 is coming out will motivate me to read #4...I hope.

:hyper: I'm SO excited!!! I didn't pre-order it though. I have my fingers crossed I can find a copy somewhere! :uhoh:

arw9797 said:
I'm so disappointed in myself. I haven't read #4 yet. I pre- ordered that one when it came out and never read it. I'm still buying #5 because I want the whole set. I think the fact that #5 is coming out will motivate me to read #4...I hope.

Oh! You've GOTTA read the 4th book arw... it's soooooooooo good!

:D

erised said:

Oh! You've GOTTA read the 4th book arw... it's soooooooooo good!

:D

Ooh, it is really good. I re-read in the beginning of the month so I would refresh myself for the new book! :hyper: First time I read it last summer it took me two days to read.

hmm.. I should have re-read the 4th book as well
but all the college stuff made me forget it :(

but I am sure I remember enough :)

book four took me 1 1/2 days... I am prepared for an all night harry potter 5 reading session :D

a-mole said:
hmm.. I should have re-read the 4th book as well
but all the college stuff made me forget it :(

but I am sure I remember enough :)

book four took me 1 1/2 days... I am prepared for an all night harry potter 5 reading session :D

I hope I can read at least some of it when I get home tonight, but I have a feeling I am gonna be pretty tired. I will at least sleep with it in my arms. :eeklaugh:

I was amazed...I got to Barnes and Noble at about 11:45...and the line was HUGE....all this for a BOOK. I find that to be amazing. Its a BOOK! hehe. Anyway, it only took me an HOUR to get it...and I got some nice Harry Potter glasses too. lol. Needless to say, I have only read the first chapter when I got home because after working 6 hours straight, then standing in that line for an hour I was one tired kid. I was also amazed to see how many kids were up that late.

So far the first chapter seems great! I am of course gonna go read more before I have to be to work...hehe

love the cover

prrrrrrrretty cover *pets cover* it's mine... my precioussssssssssss :D

I have to study for college.. but I will not go out during the evenings but read the book during the next days :hyper:

Finished it tonight.

Wow. :( Very dark. The character death is upsetting. But I liked it. I know rank the books from favorite to least favorite as:
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Sorceror's Stone
3. Order of the Phoenix (would be higher, but the death upset me. maybe when I recover, this will move to number 2.)
4. Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Chamber of Secrets

Well, my book has FINALLY been shipped from the UK! :hyper: I betcha I don't get it until at least next weekend though. My sis got her book in the mail today, and she's camping this weekend (she's still reading book 4) so I'm going to swing by her place and start reading her book 5 tomorrow! :hyper:

I can't wait to read it!!!!! :scream:

madonna's child said:
Finished it tonight.

Wow. :( Very dark. The character death is upsetting. But I liked it. I know rank the books from favorite to least favorite as:
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Sorceror's Stone
3. Order of the Phoenix (would be higher, but the death upset me. maybe when I recover, this will move to number 2.)
4. Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Chamber of Secrets

I finished it yesterday...but I dunno, the death wasn't that astounding to me. I mean it was sad yes, but I think I kinda guessed it was gonna be that person. Of course for the past year I have been reading rumors and such so I kinda had a general idea on who it was gonna be. But boy it was a dark book. Can't wait for book 6 :up: and I wanna know everyone got on their O.W.L.S. hehe.

Fred and George....hehe :eeklaugh:

:sigh: I just read an article that JK Rowling said that there is a certain chance Harry might not live. :sad: Why DO that? What kind of example are you giving to children by killing off the hero? Isn't that point of the books that good rises above evil and by killing off Harry doesn't that get lost in the message?

Of course I, in all fairness, don't mind such tragic endings to things, but not for something that started out as a children's series.

I finished reading it yesterday... I liked it very much! I think it's my second fave after Prisoner of Azkaban.

oh my goodness!!! Some people have read the book in a week. I guess im trying to read it slow, because when you finish the book you like, go into withdrawl, at least I do and then it will be who knows how many years untill the next book comes out.

I read in a magazine today that the movie for Prisoner of Azkaban has already been filmed and that Gary Oldman is playing Sirius Black. I think Gary Oldman is perfect for that role.

erised said:
I checked the status of my book today, and it hasn't even been shipped yet. :grumpy:

How can you check the status of the shipment? The next shipment should come in at my local Barnes & Noble in the next few days, but I'd like to know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom