Once upon a time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So, I had a thought today.
What if you had a U2 time machine and one of those memory eraser thingies from Men In Black...
What would you do with it? Besides the obvious "travel back to when they were my age and seduce them..."
I'd go back to... like right after they got a record deal and show them the Discotheque video, ZooTV, and suchlike.
I'd show Edge how he's gonna go bald soon and see what he says :D
I'd.. go to that first meeting in Larry's Kitchen and observe the crap that I'm sure they were, too :sexywink:

so what would you do, provided you could erase that memory as to not change the course of time?

this brings another thought... what if Edge never went bald? *mental picture...*

Kristie said:
What if you had a U2 time machine and one of those memory eraser thingies from Men In Black...
What would you do with it? Besides the obvious "travel back to when they were my age and seduce them..."
I'd go back to... like right after they got a record deal and show them the Discotheque video, ZooTV, and suchlike.
I'd show Edge how he's gonna go bald soon and see what he says :D
I'd.. go to that first meeting in Larry's Kitchen and observe the crap that I'm sure they were, too :sexywink:

so what would you do, provided you could erase that memory as to not change the course of time?

this brings another thought... what if Edge never went bald? *mental picture...*

that is the strangest idea...what were you doing that made you come up with that?

i can't come up with a mental image of edge never going bald...i keep getting visions of a bad astronomy test grade because i'm supposed to be studying...

Re: Re: Once upon a time...

IWasBored said:

that is the strangest idea...what were you doing that made you come up with that?

i can't come up with a mental image of edge never going bald...i keep getting visions of a bad astronomy test grade because i'm supposed to be studying...

Probably reading one of those really old articles in the NME Original... I mean, they're all honest and serious and whatnot and I think "HA just think, in 15 years you're gonna be boomchaing all over my tv..."
Hehe I wonder if they'd just pack it up and quit if they knew that... (hence the memory eraser thingy)

I wouldn't show them what they would be...it might taint what they become...LMAO...my mom would be SO confused by that statement...anyway...

I would go back and see MacPhisto in all his glory, just once.

I don't want Bono to bring Macphisto back, but could you imagine...cheering for the encore at an Elevation show and all of a sudden...

DAH DAH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH (Daddy's gonna pay intro)

FREAK. OUT.

I would...I wish they would revive that song...

wow. i can't even imagine.

i would go to a concert in every tour...in a row...:drool:...

i would make myself the girl that get's pulled onstage for every one...just to experience it.

i would bask in the mellancholy of seeing MY FAVORITE SONG actually performed live (i bet i'd cry..honestly)...and i think that would be the best part. for zoo tv, i'd get a spot right by the bstage...i'd want to be close for that...

*sigh* :(

now someone invent a time machine!!!

FishNeedsABicycle said:
I wouldn't show them what they would be...it might taint what they become...LMAO...my mom would be SO confused by that statement...anyway...

hence the memory eraser thingy :D
so you can go "Look at this zootv bullshit, can you believe that's going to be YOU?" and not affect the future

Stories for Boys said:
now someone invent a time machine!!! [/B]

i was JUST reading about spacetime and some analogy with you and someone in a space pod, you're both freely floating in space when someone blasts away from the other one...

Re: Re: Once upon a time...

IWasBored said:
i keep getting visions of a bad astronomy test grade because i'm supposed to be studying...

i totally read that as a bald astronomy test grade...

:coocoo:
:lmao:

i totally read that as a bald astronomy test grade...

:lmao: that's too funny!! i really hate that class...i took it to get rid of a general education requirement. i've always had this dorky obsession with astronomy and when i finally got a chance to take a class, i stupidly listened to the people who were helping us at orientation register for classes and picked the non-science major astronomy course. they said that it's not the best idea to take a science and a math course in the same semester, so i ended up with the most LAME astronomy class. and of course, since it's boring and i spend most of class reading and drawing, i haven't been doing as well on the tests. i'd be fine if there was some mathematical component (cos that's just based on reasoning skills instead of memorizing the order of :censored: main sequence stars in relation to their luminosities, for which my lazy self has to read the text book), but the professor warns us two classes a ahead of time when we'll have to do "a little bit of algebra." his idea of a little algebra is what most people consider basic arithm--i can't spell...arithmetic...

yeah ok, that was off topic...time machine...u2..bald edge...not bald edge...girl on stage...kitchen meeting...going all out into the realm of science fiction, can the time machine come with an invisibility cloaking device? cos then you wouldn't necessarily need the mind eras-y thingie unless YOU appeared...of course you'd have to bring one in caase you parked yourself on the edge of the heart ramp and during streets bono collided head on with some kind of invisible barrier. in that case, you'd have to pack some advil and a be prepared to zap the whole audience, security, the band, the crew...and if you happened to pick something being taped, you'd have to destroy the tape footage...unelss mind erasies can be broadcasted over television...can they? didn't that happen in one of the movies?

I pretty much like the guys the way they are right now, so maybe I'd just want to see some concerts, possibly a Melpop-esque experience.....

But I'd love to have seen one of those Dandelion Market gigs WAY back before I was even a figment of my parents' imagination.

:hmm:

Tell BabyBono that he would wear make-up, platform boots and a golden suit in the future.:mac:

Then I'd run cos I think he'd beat me up. :ohmy:

LMAO at FallingStar's response.

Kristie said:
What would you do with it?

This is interesting...*thinks*. I like your idea of being around the first time they got together at Larry's house.

I agree with Stories, I, too, would go to a concert from each tour (and I'd go back to their performances at Red Rocks and Live Aid and be at both concerts), as well as make it so that I got to hang out on stage with Bono.

I'd also like to go back to when they were in school and be one of their classmates-I think it'd be neat to see how they acted when they were kids, when they went to school. See what teachers they liked and didn't like, how they did in their classes and all that.

Angela

I would have loved to go to school with them, when they were just "normal".

*I only said that because the sex thing was out*:|

Back
Top Bottom