Novello Awards Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:
I was very close to him in concert a couple of times, and there is nothing wrong with that arm. He uses it a lot- raises it, grabs things, touches things, sticks to the Fly paper- he's fine. Just look at the pics on this thread of him hugging Kylie and you'll see there's no problem. :)

He held a cup of coffee in his left hand just fine while signing autographs for us with his right (this was in February). :yes:

Well, that certainly is a first "hand" account! :lol: ;) :yes:

Last edited:
I read in the press where it was a bit chilly that day. They commented that Kylie might have chosen that knit Chanel dress due to the "unseasonably cool weather". So maybe Bono was feeling the cold just a bit.

he looks a bit scared here in the 1st one -)

X00083_9.JPG

X00078_9.JPG

Last edited:
Re: he looks a bit scared here in the 1st one -)

MrsSpringsteen said:
:love: The second one is so cute!! "Hmmm, what to write, what to write..."

He does look a little startled in the first one, like he didn't expect to step out of the car and already have a camera in his face.

Thanks for posting those!!

verte76 said:
I read in the press where it was a bit chilly that day. They commented that Kylie might have chosen that knit Chanel dress due to the "unseasonably cool weather". So maybe Bono was feeling the cold just a bit.

Over the weekend, I was watching the making of the Band Aid video Do They Know It's Christmas?, and while Bono was singing and recording his bit, he was holding his hand in much the same way he was in that photograph... so I think it's just a mannerism he's had all these years, and maybe we're just noticing it now. :shrug:

I surely wouldn't have paid any attention to it normally, but when I saw him holding his hand on the making of, I was like "Hey! That's exactly what he did in that photograph on PLEBA!" :lol:

The sad irony of all this is that he has these little mannerisms, like this and the sleeve tugging, because he is nervous and self conscious about being stared at all the time. Then here we are, staring at him and commenting on it! Poor Bono! :huh:

In U2@TEOTW, Bono and Flanagan are in a resturant, and he tells the author that he has nervous habits of twisting his hair or playing with a fork when people are staring at him. Flanagan told him no one was staring at him. Bono told him, yes they are, they ALWAYS are, look around. He followed Bono's eyes, looking around at the people looking at him, then back to Bono's face looking at him, like, I told you so. So that tells me he likely does have little nervous habits because he's constantly being scrutinized. Ah the price of fame and fortune.

Back
Top Bottom