No Secret At All - Chapter Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
Disclaimer: although this story is inspired by real people, it is completely fictional. None of it happened. Even the things which are based loosely off reality have been changed/altered for the sake of the storyline. Please don’t mistake any of this for reality or take it seriously – it’s written for the sake of fun and entertainment. No harm intended. There will be some foul / offensive language and adult themes READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

Chapter Three

February 27, 1992

Edge groaned and rolled over, pulling the covers over his head in a feeble attempt to fight off the morning. His senses were immediately overwhelmed by something sweet, soft and warm. The scent of roses filled his nose and lungs, his bare skin brushing up against long, slender, smooth limbs on a soft-in-all-the-right-places body. Instinctively he drew closer to the source of such pleasant sensations, wrapping a strong forearm around her waist and curving his body against hers until they touched from head to toe. He buried his face in the waves of her silky brown hair and breathed deeply.

She wiggled her hips and stretched, trying to get closer to him despite the fact that they were already pressed against one another. He hummed a note of approval and nuzzled her ear with his nose and lips.

“Change your mind?” She asked. Her voice was no more than a breathless whisper, but it might as well have been an air raid siren going off inside the room for the effect it had on Edge. He scooted back and scrambled to sit up, as if terrified of her. She rolled over onto her back and frowned up at him. No, not a frown, he thought. It was more of a pout. A sultry, seductive pout. Women didn’t pout, he scolded himself inwardly; little girls pout.

“Lacey…” He sighed, rubbing the sleep out of his pretty green eyes with the heels of his hands.

The night before came back to him as his mind came fully awake. She had been eager to return to Edge’s hotel room, flirting blatantly in the car and kissing him eagerly in the elevator. He had tried to suggest something else, like going out for a meal or doing anything other than simply going straight back to the hotel but she had insisted that she just wanted to go somewhere they could be alone.

Despite some reservations, Edge gave in to the basic desire of the moment and soon found himself stretched out on the hotel bed lost in her taste, touch, scent, sight and the sweet, soft murmurs of pleasure which came from deep in her throat. It was surprisingly easy to brush aside his inhibitions and let himself be swept away in the moment.

Until, when he brushed one hand upwards along the inside of Lacey’s thigh, and felt her every muscle tense; his lips on her pulse point on her throat and he felt it jump from excitement to terror. Like a frightened animal recognizing that a predator had gotten very, very close.

“Lacey?” He’d murmured against her skin, still gently kissing her neck. He let his hand linger on the silky smooth skin but didn’t go any further. She let out a nervous breath and he felt her tremble slightly.

“It’s ok,” she told him, her voice much quieter and unsure now than it had been earlier. Edge lifted his head and looked her straight in the eye, a concerned frown drawing lines across his forehead and pulling down the corners of his mouth. She forced a smile, but Edge could still clearly see the nervous tension that crackled wildly inside of her like sparks off the end of a downed power line.

“I didn’t mean to – I mean, I thought…” he stopped stammering and tried to get her to meet his eyes again. When she finally did, her blue eyes were even darker than before, like the color of the ocean at night.

“I want to, I’m just a little nervous, I haven’t ever really…” she tried to explain without sounding so young. She failed miserably. It was Edge’s turn to feel that sense of panic take control of his heartbeat, sending it ticking away at rates far faster than he imagined was safe. The slight possibility of having a heart attack at age 30 flashed through his mind, and he lowered his head, resting it against one of his sleekly muscled forearms. He had to close his eyes to keep the room from spinning. He told himself it was a panic attack and that he just needed to get a grip; that was easier said than done, though.

“Lacey, what are you doing? Fucking hell…” he muttered, only half laughing.

“What’s wrong? It’s ok, I want to!” She told him snuggling in close and trying to get him to look up at her, wanting to fall into those mesmerizing sea green eyes of his again.

“I…” Edge said, shaking his head as he looked up at her. He seemed to lose his voice for a moment, his eyes scanning over her pretty face, slender neck and the glimpse of her bust he could see beneath her half buttoned shirt. “I can’t,” he finally told her with a deep sigh. He collapsed backwards onto a pillow and covered his eyes again.

“I’m not completely innocent, you know,” she told him, sliding a hand along his leg, starting at the knee and easing her way up the inside of his thigh. “But it looks to me as if you can – “she said lightly. Edge caught her hand before she could illustrate her point.

“I didn’t mean that!” he told her with a half-chuckle. He wanted to be just annoyed. Better yet, he wanted to not care that it was her first time. He just wasn’t that sort of person. “Why the hell did you – I mean – why would you come up here, with me like this – “ Edge tried to ask the questions that were all fighting for attention in his mind, but he couldn’t find the words to do so.

“Because I wanted to! So, I haven’t before – that doesn’t mean I can’t want to do it. You’re so cute, and you seem really sweet…” she told him, once again seeming more like a young girl than the jaded lady she was dressed up to appear.

When he had continued to refuse, she’d gotten up and prepared to storm out in a huff. Thankfully, he was clear headed enough to catch her, realizing that she might very well go back to the party and find someone else.

He convinced her to stay, and they’d spent the night talking and laughing. He even gave in to her flirtatious moments and would kiss her occasionally, and they’d ended up falling asleep cuddling in the spooning position. The last thing she had said to him before she’d drifted off to sleep had made him laugh, but it also reminded him who he was. He knew it was true, and he knew it was going to be tricky staying that person while involved in this new, more ‘decadent’ U2.

“I can’t believe this. I go out on a mission to lose my virginity with some self-indulgent, depraved celebrity and I pick the only rock star who doesn’t want to take advantage of a teenage girl.”

Bono woke to the sound of someone pounding on the door to his hotel room. He covered his head with a pillow and resisted the urge to beat the living daylights out of whoever was making the racket. Not because he didn’t want to take a swing at the person interrupting his slumber, but because to do so would take more energy and effort than he wanted to expend at that particular moment.

For a few moments, the hammering ceased and there was a blessed silence in which he could drift back off to sleep. He’d been having a decidedly pleasant dream, although he could not remember any of the details. Then, suddenly, he was dragged completely out of his slumber by the sound of Edge’s voice.

The bed reverberated beneath him when someone gave it a swift, hard kick. Bono tossed his pillow in the general direction from which the kick had been delivered, his eyes still closed against the offensive sunlight.

“Piss off!”

“Get up! We have to be back in Florida in time for rehearsal,” Edge told him, grabbing Bono’s suitcase and tossing it onto the bed with every intention of tossing his friend’s belongings in it himself. They were running later than usual. He stopped short, however, when the bed let out a yelp.

“What the hell? Jesus H Christ, it ain’t enough to wake us up, you gotta bruise my ass to boot?” a sweet southern drawl asked from beneath the covers as they began to ripple, eventually sliding down as a pretty face appeared at the top.

Edge blinked at the woman, his mind too shocked at first to recognize her. When she crawled out from under the covers, not a stitch of clothing to hide any of her tall, lean body, he saw that Bono’s eyes were finally open at least. It wasn’t until she’d slipped into a pair of tight jeans and cowboy boots that Edge realized where he’s seen her face before. As she slipped a plain white tank top on over her head, her name rushed out of his mouth before his mind realized he was speaking out loud.

“Shannon Dale,” he said, his face turning decidedly pink as soon as the words were out.

As her head emerged from her shirt, she flashed a brilliant smile at him. After quickly smoothing her long strawberry blonde hair out with her fingers, the country music starlet sauntered back over to the bed to kiss Bono goodbye. It was a seductive, lingering kiss – the sort of kiss most people would hesitate to engage in with anyone watching. Shannon was many things, but modest was not one of them.

She, along with Garth Brooks, was credited with Country Music’s recent upsurge in popularity. She was one of an ever growing group of country musicians who brought a serious rock and roll influence into her albums. Her model-like beauty certainly didn’t hurt.

“Hey, I didn’t get your number!” Bono told her as she turned and headed out of the room. She turned and smiled coyly from the open doorway.

“We’ll run into each other again, sooner or later,” she told him as she closed the door behind herself. After a moment of silence, Edge turned to see that Bono was surprised by the woman’s blasé attitude, as well.

“Toto,” Edge said, shaking his head and taking up the task of packing Bono’s bag once again, “I don’t think we’re in Kansas any more.”

*dances*
WOOOT! More new action from SG!!! Yesh, we love The Edge~~
And with Calvin and Hobbes in your sig! I love that comic strip!!!! Spaceman Spiff!!! Hilarious!!!
Can't wait for more!!!
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom