No Black & White ball but Bono's bash was full of colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
No Black & White ball but Bono's bash was full of colour

IT wasn't quite Truman Capote's illustrious Black & White ball in 1966. Truman might have Frank Sinatra, Mia Farrow, Andy Warhol et al but did he have Bono?

The U2 singer and his beautiful wife Ali threw a inimitable soiree at his home in the Killiney hills on Wednesday.

It was a discreet gathering for family and close friends (such as Gavin Friday and Guggi) to celebrate Bono's 46th birthday. And besides when you're part of the Simon Carmody Community, every day is a party.

Bono also continued his celebrations at Lillies Bordello on Thursday with Guggi, Gavin and Spirit New York owner Robbie Wootton.

Bono flew to London two weeks ago to help his manager Paul McGuinness celebrate winning the Robertson Taylor 'Peter Grant' Award for Outstanding Achievement, in the Hilton Hotel, Park Lane at the annual Music Managers' Forum. Over 600 music grandees were in attendance

at the event hosted by Paul Gambaccini.

U2 bassist Adam Clayton was also in attendance, along with his fiancee Suzi Smith, at his boss's beano, as was Paul McGuinness's lovely wife Kathy Gilfillan and various Irish VIPs.

After the ceremony, Paul took a gang of friends and associates back to his pad in Notting Hill to continue the festivities until the small hours.

Gerry and Morah Ryan, Louis Walsh, PJ Harvey, Harry Crosbie, Clayton and Suzi, John Giddings and the birthday boy himself Bono (Ali was away in Chernobyl) were among the well-wishers at the U2 manager's hooley.

He should be managing the country, I always say

Niamh_Saoirse said:
It was a discreet gathering for family and close friends (such as Gavin Friday and Guggi) to celebrate Bono's 46th birthday.

"Discreet" was it? :shh: :wink: Thanks for posting this!

Bono Celebrates a Quiet Birthday...

U2 frontman Bono celebrated his 42nd birthday over the weekend in Dublin with a quiet lads night out.

The rock god famed for his extravagance failed to do anything dramatic or rock 'n' roll like for his big day, which was last Friday.

Instead the father of four celebrated with his two childhood best friends Guggi and Gavin Friday.

The lads night out was held in Dublin's most exclusive club Lillies Bordello located on Grafton Street in city centre.

Speaking to ShowBizireland.com Guggi explained that he still had no idea of what present the buy his rock star best friend, saying "I haven't even thought about what I'm going to get him as the present, he's just so hard too buy for."

Guggi also said that Bono did not seem to be in the mood for a wild rock n roll party. "I don't think he really wanted to do anything too mad for his birthday this year," said Guggi.

Two weeks ago the closeness of Bono and Guggi was illustrated when the singer turned up with his wife Ali, for the opening of a office block in Dublin furnished with designs by the artist.

Guggi is the man responsible for labeling Bono with his nick name. The name comes from a hearing aid shop in Dublin called Bono Box.

Bono Box :huh: :lol:

@ Flavia- Thanks Flavia! Where did you find the article? (@ GG- no idea how good the party was, but you could hear voices down at the beach ;))

Bona Vox said:
@ Flavia- Thanks Flavia! Where did you find the article? (@ GG- no idea how good the party was, but you could hear voices down at the beach ;))

:shocked: you were spying on his bday Party???? :tsk:

:giggle: lol, why weren't you invited :wink:

no way- I was lying at the beach :)
(cause the weather was great on Wednesday and it's my last week in Ireland... :sad: - so I have to enjoy the time I'm still here)
By the way- I thought he was in the US anyway. ... I forgot to ask him, why I wasn't invited ;)

one4u2 said:
U2 frontman Bono celebrated his 42nd birthday over the weekend in Dublin with a quiet lads night out.

42nd? :eyebrow: Is Bono trying to recapture his youth by celebrating in reverse?

thanks for the heads up :) here are the pics...
a bit merry indeed :giggle:
bonobirthday010xg.jpg

bonobirthday022ay.jpg

bonobirthday035sb.jpg

kafrun said:

42nd? :eyebrow: Is Bono trying to recapture his youth by celebrating in reverse?

and he just continues to get younger and younger, reversing back to POP Bono first , and then Achtung baby look, and then JT long hair, and then the infamous MULLET by the time he finally hits the wheelchair age!! Woohoo!!

Back
Top Bottom