Never Been Kissed - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
ok, here's part 2. it's a little long, sorry.

Friday night, or Saturday morning, depending on what time you consider just after midnight. I?m locking up, as always the guys abandoned me at the rink, I think I might have to have a talk with them, except being at the rink gets me out of my house, and away from my mom. I frown, my mom who wont lend me the car so I can go to the indy rock band festival tomorrow at Port Dover, my mom who is trying to keep me from playing hockey and start focusing on my school work so I can go to university and then get a desk job. My mom is threatening my sanity.
I run a hand over my eyes, and remind myself I have to get up early tomorrow, which reminds me that it?s almost been a week since I saw The Edge. I?m beginning to believe I dreamt last Saturday, and if it wasn?t for Dave?s constant pestering I would believe I had. Nala growled behind me.
?What is it?? I ask turning around.
?It?s me, actually.?
My heart skips a beat, sure enough there?s Edge standing over by the streetlight, I pinch myself to make sure I?m not dreaming. ?What are you doing here??
?I came to see you.?
Nala?s still growling at him.
He looked down at her, ?what are you so mad about??
?Most people that kiss someone don?t disappear off the face of the planet for a week,? I said, Nala stops growling and looks at me as if to say ?exactly?.
His face flushed. ?Sorry, things got busy. Are you busy tomorrow??
?I?m working in the morning, like always, but I?m free in the afternoon.?
?There?s a festival with a bunch of independent rock bands tomorrow, I was wondering if you wanted to go to it with me.?
I almost said ?yes? right away, but I paused just to make him sweat a little since I hadn?t seen him all week. I looked down at Nala who was wagging her tail. ?Sure, sound?s like fun.?
He smiled, ?great, I?ll come and pick you up at noon.?
~ ~ ~
Noon, next day.
I leaned up against the door frame outside the lodge, J wasn?t here for his shift, and Edge wasn?t here to pick me up. Then Dave pulled into the parking lot.
?What are you doing here??
?J couldn?t come, he had to go somewhere, and of course no one else could do it.?
I nodded.
?Speaking of which, where are you going??
?Port Dover for the rock festival.?
?I thought you weren?t allowed to go to that??
?Edge is taking me.?
?Ahh, hopelessly romantic that.?
I just ignored him.
?Just as long as you?re not with him for his money.?
?Money isn?t everything, he?s a nice guy. And do you honestly think I?m shallow enough to be with a guy just for his money.?
?No, it?s just?? he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. ?Girls always seem to be attracted to guys with a lot of money so it?s kind of hard to tell if they really like them. I?m not saying you?re like that I?m just saying it.?
?Well it works that other way you know. There?s plenty of guys who go out with girls just cause they?re good looking.?
?I don?t think you have to worry about that,? he said with a grin.
?Thanks for the confidence booster ass hole.?
Edge pulled into the parking lot then in his dark green vintage Mercedes.
?Nice car,? Dave said.
I smiled, ?see you later.?
Nala followed me to the car, and hoped into the back seat.
?I?m guessing you like rock,? Edge said to her.
It was about a two-hour drive to Port Dover, but it didn?t seem like it. We arrived just as the whole thing was starting, Nala had to stay outside because of establishment rules. Like any of these things some of the bands were great and some of the bands made you want to leave but most were just alright. At about nine o?clock and band got on stage that really shocked me.
?Holly shit.?
?What?? said Edge.
?Those guys are the other ones who help me and Dave run the rink.?
?Did you know they?d be here??
?I didn?t even know they were a band.?
They started into their set then, which made talking impossible, and surprised me by actually being quite good. The crowd was starting to really get into them when J pulled off a very cool sounding guitar solo that even Edge thought was spectacular.
?What?s his name?? Edge yelled into my ear.
?That?s J.?
?He?s really good actually, he didn?t seem like it as first.?
That description pretty much described how J was at everything. In hockey he was the guy who you always wondered how he?d got a spot on the team then all of a sudden he do something that made him look like the best player on the ice, then he?d go back to how he?d been playing before. He was charismatic too, everyone liked him, that and he wasn?t bad looking.
The person who seemed to have a fair amount of attention at the moment was (bassist) Degrusy. His name was actually Patrick Degrusy but no one called him Patrick because he didn?t like it, and was the kind of guy who would do something about it which was why he had the most penalty minutes in the league. He?s also looks very intimidating, he?s 6?4? and all of his clothing is black, except for a pair of purple tinted glasses he wears for what ever reason.
Hawk is the final one, I?ve known him since I was 11 and still don?t know what his actual name is, he?s always been Hawk because of his Mohawk. He?s about the quietest guy you?ll ever meet, he?s also the best goalie in the league, and it?s rumored he?s getting scouted for the NHL. Which is probably why he doesn?t get kicked off the team even though he refused to wear the uniform, just jeans and a t-shirt to every game.
Their set ends 10 minutes later, the Degrusy spots me. ?Hey, Ruth,? he yells jumping off the stage and running through the crowd towards me. ?You didn?t tell us you were coming.?
?I didn?t know I was coming, and I didn?t know you?d be here.?
He shrugs. Then he sees Edge. ?Hey are you The Edge guy that Dave said Ruth was seeing??
?Yes,? Edge say?s slowly.
?Cool. Degrusy, by the way. I?m going to get alcohol.? Then he disappears off in the direction of the bar with J.
Hawk stands there for a moment, then say?s quietly, ?You?re the guitarist from U2.? When Edge nods he continues, ?I saw one of your concerts once, absolutely amazing.? Then he walks away.
?I?m surprised he didn?t make a big deal out of it,? said Edge. ?Most people do.?
I shrugged, ?Hawks like that.?
?Lets go for a walk,? he suggests.
?Sure.? He grabbed both our coats from the coat check and we walked out along the beach. For a brief second I considered getting Nala from the front, then I thought he probably didn?t want her along all the time. After we?d walked a ways along the beach we were far enough away from the lights of the town that there was only the moonlight, which I noted absently was kind of romantic. I looked over at Edge to find he was looking at me. Then he stopped walking and kissed me, and I swear time stopped.
By the time we got back everything was pretty much rapping up. The guys were standing around outside and Hawk was petting Nala.
?Ahh, they show up,? said Degrusy. ?I think Nala was getting worried about you Ruth.?
?She?ll live,? I said.
?Right then,? said J. ?I think we?ll leave them two alone.?
The three of them walked off, Degrusy going on about something and J laughing.
I shake my head. Edge smiles and kisses me on the cheek and I tighted my arm around his waist. Nala then grabs the bottom of my jacket with her teeth and starts pulling me in the direction of the car.
?Alright already, we get the point!? says Edge.

Back
Top Bottom