N.y.c!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labell

War Child
Well I'll make this a pic post for any pictures of them in NYC. I'm not on here nearly enough so maybe this will get me involved.

My brother lives in NYC and is in the music biz and says his friend who lives near central park sees bono and "some woman" walking a dog once a week. hahaha it seems so random but hey, they guy stopped and talked to him before and it was really bono. cool cool, i hate my brother for workin up in the city...he worked with the boys once! (and he hates their music :|

labell Once a week walking a dog How can he be in 2 places at once dublin and there . Bono must spend few days there and dublin everyweek :huh:
Your brother Was lucky to work with them pitty he doesn't like there music :(

My Dad has seen Bono a couple of times. Every so often he'll say (and by so often I mean...like once a year or whenever there is a US tour & they r playing the Garden)

"Guess who I saw today down in the village/The Garden (or where ever the guy rooms about)" of course I get very excited :)...but for the last couple of times my Dad has seen him his been smoking :( (Oh Bono) *sigh

OrARoundabout said:
My Dad has seen Bono a couple of times. Every so often he'll say (and by so often I mean...like once a year or whenever there is a US tour & they r playing the Garden)

"Guess who I saw today down in the village/The Garden (or where ever the guy rooms about)" of course I get very excited :)...but for the last couple of times my Dad has seen him his been smoking :( (Oh Bono) *sigh
And when was that exactly?

Sorry but it's really impossible to see him there 'once a week'. Bono spends most of his time in Dublin. He doesn't fly to New York once a week just to walk a dog:lol:
Maybe we have one more fake-Bono over there...?:eyebrow: Or the guy who sees him has just ...a vivid imagination ;)

The REAL Bono is in NYC, walking a dog.
The FAKE Bono is in Dublin, recording with the band and living with the family.
That's the truth.

last unicorn said:
The REAL Bono is in NYC, walking a dog.
The FAKE Bono is in Dublin, recording with the band and living with the family.
That's the truth.

Oh yes!:lol: You're so right :)

Yeah, like a few have already said, I sincerely doubt that the 'Bono' your brother's friend is seeing is actually the real thing. Bono lives most of the time in Dublin and when he's in NYC, we here are usually the first one's know about it! And the latest news has been that Bono is in Dublin now. So trust us, it's another fake Bono your brothers friend is seeing! :wink:

as for photos... i unfortunately only have this one. there is a great one in the 40th anniv ed. of Rolling Stone though!! :drool:

streetsofny.jpg

Jeannieco said:

And when was that exactly?
First was a couple of months ago, think Bono saw some play..."Spring Awakening" last time was near a club around Holloween...that was last time he saw him since that 3 day run at The Garden (my Dad works at concert venues (he had to do Hannah Montana couple of days ago in Newark...he said next time he'll just shoot himself in the face), Wall Street and private residences in the city with bomb sniffing dogs, that's why he's seen him so much)

OrARoundabout said:
First was a couple of months ago, think Bono saw some play..."Spring Awakening" last time was near a club around Holloween...that was last time he saw him since that 3 day run at The Garden (my Dad works at concert venues (he had to do Hannah Montana couple of days ago in Newark...he said next time he'll just shoot himself in the face), Wall Street and private residences in the city with bomb sniffing dogs, that's why he's seen him so much)

ewww very cool! keep us posted, we don't bite. :)

Your dad handles bomb sniffing dogs? Awesome.

As for the OP, I don't see why it's impossible Bono/Ali would spend a lot of time in NYC. After all, he did randomly turn up in Omaha! Maybe he's trying to evade taxes in Ireland....j/k!!

Liesje said:

As for the OP, I don't see why it's impossible Bono/Ali would spend a lot of time in NYC. After all, he did randomly turn up in Omaha! Maybe he's trying to evade taxes in Ireland....j/k!!

Bonos children goes to school in Dublin. Bono is quite often seen in Dublin.
Well, sure that they can spend their free time in NYC but it's impossible that they are every week there:)

Girafe said:

Bonos children goes to school in Dublin. Bono is quite often seen in Dublin.
Well, sure that they can spend their free time in NYC but it's impossible that they are every week there:)

Well, I went to school in west Michigan, as did my sibs, and my dad is home maybe 4 days of each month, otherwise he is in Californa, Mexico, or who knows wherever else he gets sent. It's very possible he spends some time in NYC. The girls are old enough to do their own thing and the boys....who knows, maybe they have nannies or their grandma. I'm not defending the OP, but there have been plenty of well-documented times when Bono has been away from his family for more than a week (aside from U2 touring I mean) so we can't assume he's always in Dublin unless we see him on the news.

Yes, I don't suppose we really know Bono's schedule from day to day but that fact is, aren't U2 suppose to be working on their next album in Dublin?! I would think hopping between the two cities every week would be highly disruptive!?! So until I see some concrete proof, other than "my brothers friend" or whatever, as far as I'm concerned, Bono's in Dublin!! :shrug: Sorry for the skepticism but there are just so many fake Bonos lurking around....:shifty:

Originally posted by hcbiggs2002 I would think hopping between the two cities every week would be highly disruptive!?! [/B]
Yeah, cos his arseing round in Africa wasnt disruptive was it?
Originally posted by hcbiggs2002 So until I see some concrete proof, other than "my brothers friend" or whatever, as far as I'm concerned, Bono's in Dublin!! [/B]
Im sure we'd all rather that this brothers friend whoever wasnt running up and taking pictures of Bono, as we all know that's not the thing to do in such situs. A description of the woman would maybe shed more light than a picture IMO.

Also I see no reason why he wouldnt be in NY. Maybe not every week, but certainly now and then. Hes not chained to Dublin. And I really dont see how anyone could know unless you're going round stalking him. :shrug:

Liesje said:

It's very possible he spends some time in NYC. I'm not defending the OP, but there have been plenty of well-documented times when Bono has been away from his family for more than a week (.

Ok...So once again- Im not telling that he is in Dublin all the time. It's quite possible he sometimes spends his free time in NYC...Why not. But I just say I don't think it's possible that he is there once a week.

No, but what if he was there for several weeks at a time? I don't think he would go back and forth every week either.

Well, since I am here in the city, and it is an awfully big city, I do recall that the auction for those RED Valentine's Day works of art will be taking place at Sotheby's I do believe, so mebbe, just mebbe' he will be here in time for that, or the premiere of U23D here in Manhattan.

I will, of course, keep you appraised of the situation.

Liesje said:
No, but what if he was there for several weeks at a time? I don't think he would go back and forth every week either.

Well, yeah..But it depends WHEN he was seen by thsi guy (you know 'a friend of a brother;) ) Because lately Bono was for 100% in Dublin :)

Liesje said:

Yes Sir my Dad started working with them after retiring from the N.Y.P.D, we keep one at our house, his name is Gus (we didn't name him) he was raised in a prison by a man who is doing life for his crimes as a mob hitman in the 60's (I'm not making this up). HE IS SUCH A GOOD BLACK LAB, disipline too...taught he to roll over in less that 15 mins.

Oh, by the way...my Dad is a U2 fan, and he gained even more respect for them after that gig in The Garden after 9/11 (He took that whole thing really bad...I remember him coming home and telling me how some guy named "Bono" and "The Edge" had this great show, and how he invited all these Firemen on stage and how much everyone appericated it (I was just a kid, I knew who they were, but ya know)...I noticed he started listening to his old U2 records alittle while after that and thats sort of how I became a fan)

*Love ur profile pic, we babysit a German Shepard named Dax, hes a monster but a sweetheart...he's so big people tend to walk on the other side of the street when I take him on a strole

Last edited:
I think OrARoundabout's Dad actually was a NY police officer before his retirement, Jeannie, as befits the NYPD acronym.

But all sentiments are the same for that profession, certainly!!

:yes: :up:

MooMoo! said:
Yeah, cos his arseing round in Africa wasnt disruptive was it? Im sure we'd all rather that this brothers friend whoever wasnt running up and taking pictures of Bono, as we all know that's not the thing to do in such situs. A description of the woman would maybe shed more light than a picture IMO.

Also I see no reason why he wouldnt be in NY. Maybe not every week, but certainly now and then. Hes not chained to Dublin. And I really dont see how anyone could know unless you're going round stalking him. :shrug:

Well, I personally wouldn't view Bono's work in Africa as "arsing around", but I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion...:tsk: Also the timing was totally different, U2 were in the middle of their Vertigo tour at the time, which had been postponed for entirely different reasons, so I don't see your reasoning. :shrug:

And I never said that he doesn't occasionally goes to NY, all I've been trying to say is that when Bono does travel, or just go out and about in Dublin, there's usually a small band of paparazzi following his every move (and I'm pretty sure that if Bono really did visit NYC every week to walk a dog, some one in the media would've caught on by now!!), he is a celebrity after all! And sometimes, even they get it wrong!! So excuse me if I choose not to believe some random guy in the street!!! :huh:

Last edited:
Can we please stop fighting about something as trivial as the question how much time Bono spends in NYC or any other city? I think we can agree that, because he has an appartment in NYC and loves the city, he spends some time there, but at the moment I'm sure he is in Dublin to spend time with his family, friends and the band. He was in the US for more than a month last fall and spend a lot of time in NYC, it's well documented. BUT I also believe that we don't know about every time he goes to NYC, and we are not supposed to know, because, after all, it's the man's private life. That said, I do NOT believe he's in NYC every week (to walk a dog or whatever), but I'm sure he spends some time there once in a while, sometimes unnoticed by the media. People shouldn't forget that a flight from Dublin to NYC doesn't take long, so it's not a real distance for him.

Back
Top Bottom