MOOBday: "If you feel you're gettin' bored. . ."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not going to quote anyone and am not in any way trying to keep this going.
I do want to clear something up about the autism comment.
My son is a high-functioning autistic. He is very bright (he reads and writes above grade level). He has grade level verbal skills but does not do very well socially. He makes all sorts of faces and has difficulty expressing his emotions. I am also an elementary education/special education major. I have worked with many children with different disabilities. All of them are a joy to work with and would not want to do anything else for a career. I think the comment came out of the fact that Larry Mullen seems to be a very stoic type of person (in public); this may be misinterpreted as a sign of autism or something related within the spectrum. It could be or it may not be. If he did have something, he would keep it quiet (I'm guessing because he does not air anything personal). I greatly admire Mr. Mullen for how he handles himself and his devotion to his family, etc.
If anyone took offense, it was a comment out of observation of behavior. It was not meant to be a diagnosis, which I am unable to do even as a teacher.

Thanx May. You took my post as it was intended.:applaud:
It was an observation made on similarities with my own son, with no maliice intended.

I think those that took offense are those who probably sterotype people and think those with issues such as autism are all gibbering wrecks with some special ability!
Those who live with it know it is very different.
Moving on.......

We're gotten very off topic in this thread. gman some people may take offense if you make light of such issues, especially when it comes to the band, as we are normally not allowed to discuss or speculate on the bands' private life. And just coming in here and saying Bono has mental issues is not cool. It comes across as if you want to start an argument. If you would like to discuss autism you are welcome to do so in a separate thread. If not, lets get back on topic and please refrain from making these types of speculations in the future. Thanks.

Bono himself has indicated he suffers depression/anxiety- FACT! And i never once made light of anything health wise and am offended you make out i did.
As i stated, my own 6 yr old is on the autistic spectrum and I have BPD. As far as am concerned, i made an observation based on personal experience, which was further backed up by another member with first hand experience of autism, which one or two ppl couldnt handle, when they have no evidence to the contrary. Anyhow...........

larstein008.jpg

Larry is bored of this thread.

Awardstablefullobooze.jpg

99 bottles of vodka on the table, 99 bottles of vodka, take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of vodka on the table.....

Holy :censored:! That's a lot of booze...

Back
Top Bottom