meanest thing the b-man's done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooperson

Refugee
meanist thing the b-man's done

just to show what a great guy bono is i dare all yah's to try and post something mean that bono has done that you know of.

all i can think of is on that one achtung baby video thing were he was talking to some interviewer lady and he said "why do you think i'm being nice to you?" does any one know what i'm talking about. oh i also thought it was mean when he blew smoke in the edge's face in the fly video.

now you try.

Re: meanist thing the b-man's done

zooperson said:
just to show what a great guy bono is i dare all yah's to try and post something mean that bono has done that you know of.

all i can think of is on that one achtung baby video thing were he was talking to some interviewer lady and he said "why do you think i'm being nice to you?" does any one know what i'm talking about. oh i also thought it was mean when he blew smoke in the edge's face in the fly video.

now you try.

Not to sound mean, but personally I don't think this is a very good subject matter to be discussing here. I think the good outweighs any mistake he's ever made. Noone is perfect - everyone has done something that someone else may consider "mean" at some point. And he's the type of person that judges people for the good in them, not the bad. So who are we to judge him?

Personally I think the things you have brought up is Bono acting out as "The Fly" not himself. ZOO TV in essence was a big play - it was them poking fun at their own line of business. "The Fly" was supposed to be pompous and full of himself - it's just him playing the part. Not real....

Is there ever going to be a thread you don't think it's right for us to discuss here, BU? Where you don't have to take everything so seriously? I don't think she meant mean. I think she meant impish, mischevious. Something like, switching salt for sugar at the table, putting dye in someone's shampoo. Tying someone's shoe laces together.
Like...
Ehm...
*thinks*
When Bono was at Trudie Styler's charity bash in Cannes, Bono roasted Sting by saying "He's good-looking, fit and one of the greatest songwriters tocome out of Newcastle - but God is fair, and he has no penis!" You know, the event where you see pics of Bono warding off Patti LaBelle with a chair?
Then again, if she did mean "mean" in the mean, not-nice sense, the guys have admitted to getting in to fights when things get tough in the studio.

CMM said:
Is there ever going to be a thread you don't think it's right for us to discuss here, BU? Where you don't have to take everything so seriously? I don't think she meant mean. I think she meant impish, mischevious. Something like, switching salt for sugar at the table, putting dye in someone's shampoo. Tying someone's shoe laces together.
Like...
Ehm...

I think you are taking me too seriously. I honestly did not mean to sound mean or rude myself, I was just voicing my opinion - like everyone else does here on this board. It's hard to know where someone is coming from just by text -- that's one of the downfalls of the internet. Because you can't hear the infliction of someone's voice. You can see what I said whichever way you see fit. But not everyone has the same opinion. I'm sorry to have upset you w/ my post. Which is why I started it out trying to clarify that I'm not trying to be nasty. I don't post here much so I have no idea what you mean by what I'm "disagreeing" w/. The only other thing I've voiced disagreement w/ here was the negative press comments in another section.

AND I never said that Bono never did anything. I DID mention that noone is perfect I'm sure he's made more than his share of mistakes. And I'm sure he's lost his temper... No hero-worshipping w/ me... Nor do I think he's a saint. But I do think he's a good guy. Just like many others here do. I just meant w/ all of the negative press recently, it'd be nice to hear good things about him.

Back to lurking I guess...

Last edited:
Bonofied U said:

I think you are taking me too seriously. I honestly did not mean to sound mean or rude myself, I was just voicing my opinion - like everyone else does here on this board. It's hard to know where someone is coming from just by text -- that's one of the downfalls of the internet. Because you can't hear the infliction of someone's voice. You can see what I said whichever way you see fit. But not everyone has the same opinion. I'm sorry to have upset you w/ my post. Which is why I started it out trying to clarify that I'm not trying to be nasty. I don't post here much so I have no idea what you mean by what I'm "disagreeing" w/. The only other thing I've voiced disagreement w/ here was the negative press comments in another section.

AND I never said that Bono never did anything. I DID mention that noone is perfect I'm sure he's made more than his share of mistakes. And I'm sure he's lost his temper... No hero-worshipping w/ me... Nor do I think he's a saint. But I do think he's a good guy. Just like many others here do. I just meant w/ all of the negative press recently, it'd be nice to hear good things about him.

Back to lurking I guess...

(((Bonofied U))) Don't go back to lurking. I agree with you.:hug:

I really hate to see any negative threads start, because they always cause fights and hurt feelings. There are those who have a meaner 'sense of humor' and think everything is funny even when it's actually very rude sometimes. Then there are those who are more compassionate and don't like to see rude things about our boys, and they say so, and they get told to 'lighten up', etc. But no one can tell someone else what is acceptable to them by their standards of decency. So for these reasons I think it's always best to avoid anything negative toward the band members or individuals. Of course there are those who claim nothing is negative it's just 'having fun' but IMO joking at someone else's expense, or discussing negative things about the band members is just a line we shouldn't cross for the good of ourselves, the band members and the board. There is a lot we can do here and still avoid offensive topics and controversy.

Re: meanist thing the b-man's done

zooperson said:
and he said "why do you think i'm being nice to you?" does any one know what i'm talking about.

i know what you're talking about, i thought that was really funny.

:lol: at sig, kristie!

i know it's part of some joke that i wouldn't get, but there's still something really funny about it

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that I don't want the argument in here to continue anymore.

Anyway............

How about in the ISHFWILF video...when he jumps on the hood of that car?. If that was my car, I would have been like, "Hey!!!!! You're gonna dent my car, you dork!!!!" :mad: :laugh:

I mean, come on now...seriously...my sister's friend dented the hood of her car with her butt. It happens! I don't care how famous you are...I don't want your butt leaving a dent in my car. :mad:

Mean was stealing Suzan's dress. :evil:

Attachments

• susan doyle's dress.jpg
    susan doyle's dress.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 110
Maybe we can mention things that are nutty, and not really "mean". He almost ran into me at my first Elevation. I was in GA, but not in the heart. I was in the back of the floor with a huge Coke because I had to have fluid. During "The Fly" Bono jumped off of the stage and started running like he was going for the gold in the hundred meters dash in the Olympics. He almost ran into me! He was maybe two feet away from me, with the security people in pursuit. Needless to say I was in a state of shock after the incident. What a nutty thing to do. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
verte76 said:
Maybe we can mention things that are nutty, and not really "mean". He almost ran into me at my first Elevation. I was in GA, but not in the heart. I was in the back of the floor with a huge Coke because I had to have fluid. During "The Fly" Bono jumped off of the stage and started running like he was going for the gold in the hundred meters dash in the Olympics. He almost ran into me! He was maybe two feet away from me, with the security people in pursuit. Needless to say I was in a state of shock after the incident. What a nutty thing to do. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:lol:

and you didn't spend the rest of the show lying on the ground laughing uncontrolably?

IWasBored said:

:lol:

and you didn't spend the rest of the show lying on the ground laughing uncontrolably?

Not really. I was shocked. I was just standing there reaching for my Coke and then a heck of a commotion happened maybe two feet away. I looked, and, egads, it was the B-man running like hell, being chased by the security people. Yeah, right, the biggest rock star on the planet almost bumped me..........:shocked: :shocked: :laugh: :laugh:

it just sounds like it would have been really funny about five minutes after the shock wore off

Ana said:
what a cool incident! :laugh:

You should have made him trip :shifty:

then the thread would be titled "what's the meanest thing you've done to the b-man" ;)

Kristie said:
yeah, and then jumped on him...

Well no, not that close to the security people. I didn't really know what had happened until they were gone and then I realized that commotion had been around Bono. :shocked: :shocked:

Bonochick said:
I just wanted to say that I don't want the argument in here to continue anymore.

No arguement is intended. :( Sorry if I made it seem like one. I was only voicing my opinion. :sad:

Desire4Bono said:
(((Bonofied U))) Don't go back to lurking. I agree with you.:hug:

Aww thanks :hug: I honestly didn't mean for it to turn into some huge problem.

I really hate to see any negative threads start, because they always cause fights and hurt feelings.

Yeah, me too. :( That's why I tried to make it sound constructive when I replied.

There are those who have a meaner 'sense of humor' and think everything is funny even when it's actually very rude sometimes. Then there are those who are more compassionate and don't like to see rude things about our boys, and they say so, and they get told to 'lighten up', etc. But no one can tell someone else what is acceptable to them by their standards of decency.

Exactly! Thank you for saying this. I feel a little better now. I'm not claiming myself to be a better fan. I just agree w/ you that everyone doesn't react the same way and receives things in the same manner.

So for these reasons I think it's always best to avoid anything negative toward the band members or individuals. Of course there are those who claim nothing is negative it's just 'having fun' but IMO joking at someone else's expense, or discussing negative things about the band members is just a line we shouldn't cross for the good of ourselves, the band members and the board. There is a lot we can do here and still avoid offensive topics and controversy.

I agree. But I guess it's unavoidable sometimes. :( It's just one of the downfalls of fame. And perhaps I was a little hasty when I saw this post. But there's too much negative reports and he has such a good heart, it's hard to know when someone's joking anymore. :|

Bonofied U said:

No arguement is intended. :( Sorry if I made it seem like one. I was only voicing my opinion. :sad:

No need for the sad smiley...it's all good!

Now...on with the thread!

Oh...and I STILL say I'd be annoyed if Bono's booty dented my car. :mad: :laugh:

Bonofied U and Desire: I feel the same way :) :hug: I agree with everything you said. Sometimes I do think, how could a 'fan' do some of the things they do? I mean, if you care about the person, why is it fun to do this? It seems like negative stuff and jokes are usually against someone you don't like, not someone you admire.:shrug: It makes sense to me and it's only right, if you have feelings for someone, respect them. I know for sure Bono hates gossip and noseyness- after the Meteor Awards, he got mad at a tabloid guy who questioned him about his new apt. He said he didn't like the way tabloids did people and U2 wanted no part of it. He said he hated INTRUSIVE GOSSIP- that shows what I've known all along, he doesn't like jokes or questions about his private life and personal business and if we love him we'll respect that. :)

About the hood thing: When I first started driving, my brother and cousin jumped on the hood of my car on a dirt road and I just laughed and let them ride. But my hood was smooshed down and the hood latch wouldn't work! My Dad had to bend it to pry it open to even change the oil, and then it never open and closed right. If Bono had done it, it would've been worth it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom