London Calling...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey ladies! I am blessed with the oppertunity to go to London for 11 days!!! I leave in two weeks to visit my best friend who is finishing up Grad school over there!

I am mucho mucho excited, HOWEVER, I have never been to London, so I have no idea what I should see. I don't really want to spend my whole time doing touristy stuff, so if you guys have been, or know of cool places, would you mind posting highlights I should check out?

ALSO...ALSO!!!

I will be going to Paris for a day and DUBLIN!!! WOOOO! I am so excited I could pee in my pants. I didn't think Jeramee would agree to these day trips since both of these cities are a lot to do in one day, but he did and I love him for it. ANYWAY...we were gonna stay overnight in the CLarence in Dublin, but GOOD LORD those rooms are almost $600 a night! O_O.

Anyway...lol...I am just gonna be shameless and say that YES the main reason I am going to Dublin is to visit U2 landmarks, I don't know if I will ever get to Europe again, so I figure...WHY NOT!?!

So anyway...what are some U2ey landmarks I could go see? I don't want the addresses of their houses...lol...I'm not going to stalk! :D But more along the lines of how to get to the studio...windmill lane(isn't that where the wall is that everyone signs?)...and isn't there a wax museum or something in Dublin where they have the MacPhisto suit? You know...stuff like that...stuff that won't get me arrested...LOL! Jeramee and I both want to see the countryside as well, so all of this U2 stuff needs to take only a few hours, and if anyone knows of like a tour or some way to ride through the countryside suggestions would be helpful. Anyone living in Dublin have suggestions? I mean besides U2, we would like to get a feel for the city itself, so if there are any good pubs or beautiful places we should be sure to see, please let me know.

Same goes for Paris...my main reason for going is to see the Eiffel Tower, but if anyone knows of other places that would rock.

SO in conclusion...

London
Paris
Dublin

Travel tips?

My dad and sister are going to London in 2 weeks and EVERY SINGLE DAY i hear the London plan for about 4 hours- they are going to the theatre and Madame Tussauds (sp?) (its a wax works museum) and this big shopping centre called Harrods- they are doing all the touristy stuff lol

My friend is in London at the moment working in the theatre and he says that you have to check out Camden Town he phoned me today and talked about it for an HOUR!!!! so it must be good! Oh yeh he says the tubes are great as well

I dont know much about London i have never been so meh...but Dublin.......Dublin Im just gonna say one thing now.......DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO THE WAXWORKS MUSEUM it is the worst place ever and the models are RUBBISH!! You are better going to the wax works in London imo except its V.expensive!!!
I sent Oliveu2cm about 4 really long Pm's about places to go in Dublin so she might be able to suggest some of those places to you but omg omg omg You have to go to st.michans church on church Street-you get to see all these crypts and mummies and you can even touch one of them!!!!! It is sooooo much fun-i have been about 3 years in a row-I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! There is a thing you can get for a day and its a hop on hop off bus pass- ill find the website addy if u r interested and it takes you to St.Michans, Guinness Brewry, Christchurch Cathedral- not really u2-ey places but if you were going for more than a day i say you should spend a day doing those things....

I have never been on a a u2 stalking tour before lol- i only ever go to the Clarence- v.plush hotel and Temple Bar- u gotta see Temple Bar it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I stayed in a hotel there in may about 2 mins walk from the Clarence and it was v.nice!

so yeh if ur gonna go to Dublin go to st.michans-the wee tour takes a grand total of like 20 mins but it is sooooo worht it if u can fit it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

oh oh oh oh ohhhhho ohohoho 2 more things

Food- go to Captain Americas cus you can sit beside Larrys drumsticks thats on Grafton Street

and and and and aaaaaaand i gotsa question cus its annoying me- ok so ppl in Ireland you know the way they used to have 2p machines-gawd i love those slot machines!!!!- know the way they have that stupid Euro now and i havnet seen a slot machine in Dublin since they got the Euro in- what do you have to put in now 1 cent......2 cents???? its really buggin me lmao

*stuffs lyrics into box marked FOR VINTAGE BOY into Fishy's suitcase*

*shifty eyes*

touch 'im once fer me.....

I MEAN.

Go lookit......um.......James Joyce stuff.....yeah......James Joyce....

and um.....Joshua Trees

Joshua Trees aren't in Ireland.

SSH YOU'LL BLOW MY COVER

Fishy if you need someone to take care of yer videos whilst yer gone...... you know where to find me

FISHY!!!!!

This is SOOOOO COOL!!!!

And I'm SOOOOO jealous! LOL ;)

Anywho... I would recommend while in Paris (where I have been a couple of times) to walk up and down the Seine in the Notre Dame area... there are TONS of things to do there. The thing that I enjoy the most while there are just to grab a pastry and some tea in one of the cafes and strolling along the bridges where most of the booksellers are...they let you browse and they have some incredible books! I'm a book freak and I go completely crazy around these little "bouquenistes"...so, that's what I would do... just walk around and do whatever the heck I wanted to!

As for the other places... I've never been to Dooblin :)() and I've only spent a couple of days in London...but while there I absolutely loved going to St. Paul's Cathedral...it's magnificent :)

Anyway, have a WONDERFUL TIME! And I expect a full report when you return! :)

I have been to all of those places (Paris the most) and can give you some info. Actually I'm leaving for five months in Europe starting on August 13th and am starting in London. :yes: PM me if you would like. :)

Back
Top Bottom