Letters Chapter 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
Thanks for the kind comments, everyone. Nice to be back.

Disclaimer: I don't know the lads, no profit is made from this, and it is entirely a work of fiction.

--
Dear U2,

Well, you'll never guess what happened the other day. I was at work, doing my rounds when this nutter from the Psych ward comes barging through. My tough orderly was off on a smoke break and myself and another nurse had to try and calm this guy whilst at the same time, trying to keep him away from any of our patients. Well, I got in his face while Mary went and closed the doors. Next thing I knew, he pushed me and I hit my head on the counter or something. I can't recall much after that. Apparently they did apprehend the bugger, Mary had to call for help to take me down to the ER. Broke a couple ribs, got a nice concussion and just for kicks, when I fell, I twisted my ankle weird and sprained it. So I am just in a lovely state now of medicated bliss. The only thing is, no alcohol. Well, that's the guideline anyway. Although I imagine all I'd do is act silly for a few seconds before I fell into a nice, comforting drug induced snoozefest. I am a party animal. Ever need some excitement? Need to liven up the company release party? Give me a jingle.

It's been what, oh, about a month now since I sent that letter. I don't regret it and I'm really not surprised at the non-reply. You guys are busy. Tracks to stick together, alcohol to consume, A list celebrities to mingle with.. I understand that. And like I said before, I'm using this as a sort of Dear Abby service, just without the you writing back part. I downloaded a muddled bit of some song you guys were playing inside Hanover Quay. Even though it sounded as though you were playing inside a room of cotton balls, I couldn't help but get excited. This is all I've got, you understand. Your music and my cat. Those are my joys. Especially now, off on workers comp. With my head, feet and stomach bandaged. I can simply sit at this windowsill and look beyond the dank buildings and the murder, drug busts and prostitutes and just zone out.

I saw one of you were in town. Promoting Redness. Oh.. what is it called again. Red. Right. I was thinking, in honor of my lack of ability to do stuff right now you could make a new t-shirt. Let me know what you think... Bo(RED). How about that? So that must mean it was.. process of elimination activated... Adam?No. Edge?No. Larry? No... ah of course, Mr.Perky himself. Bono. I thought about going down, maybe having a gander and perhaps catching a glimpse but in the state I'm in, it wouldn't have been a pretty sight. Me on crutches, speaking in tongues due to the meds and drooling. Not a great image. So I went against that and instead read about it in the next days paper. Bono, you do great work, but you must remember.. it is not only Africa where poor people live. I would think that, in your march to that meeting, you had to step over and calmly ignore many of this cities homeless. Don't feel ashamed, it's something we all do. We've become far too comfortable. This conversation is becoming a bit of a downer isn't it? Meds must be wearing down, just a second. Okay, better now. Ahh.

I would imagine that the rest of the band gets somewhat perturbed at the fact that everyone either writes to Bono or The Hedge. Hmm. The Edge. That's the one. Just to let Adam and Larry know, I am all about equal opportunity. So there. And Adam, you know, you're ever in town.. maybe we could split a Shirley Temple. That is, if you're, you know.. single and all. Don't want to get myself messed up in anything. I did once and oh my.. let me tell you, not a great experience. You fall in love with a guy, think he's the cats freaking meow.. then a picture falls out of his wallet of another woman who, according to him, is only his wife. Oh. Right. No biggie there. Why is it, that some men and let me emphasize SOME, are such assholes. What is with that anyway? I think that is one of many rhetorical questions in this world.

Oh, to end on a somewhat uppity note.. the buddy two floors up had his window open the other day and he had some music cranked. And I mean cranked! I'm sure the folks downtown could've heard it. Anyway, I was thinking about getting angry about it until I realized that it was by you guys. Drowning Man. Of all the songs to hear coming out a scuzzy apartment building window, that was not the one I'd have imagined. Seeing as it's one of my favs however.. I opened my window and sang along. It was a nice moment. Bono, I know you think nice is a shitty word.. so let me rephrase this since I haven't any whiteout. It was a pleasant moment. Is that any better than nice?

One more thing, I've entered the 21st century and got a cellphone. Really, quite useless to me right now but the games are mildly amusing. I'll leave the number at the bottom beneath my addy, in case, you know.. you're all bored and want to talk to a medicated nutball such as myself.

Once again, thanks for listening and for creating the music

Best wishes

Joy

--

Spooky, I've got on my BO(RED) shirt right now. Enjoying the letters!

Back
Top Bottom