Larry in the news (gasp)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dizzy said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Larry and Ann were actually married (with the paper and all).

I was just about to say that. He's so private that I wouldn't be surprised if they were married years ago.

arw9797 said:

I was just about to say that. He's so private that I wouldn't be surprised if they were married years ago.

I agree. Few people even knew the names of his kids until much later, anyway.

arw9797 said:

:yes: Elvis, the "owner" of Interference, for lack of a better term (not Larry's kid!), posted a while back, on a thread on the same topic, that he knew that they were in fact married, and had been for ages... though he would spill no details! :shh:

GracelandHarley said:

:yes: Elvis, the "owner" of Interference, for lack of a better term (not Larry's kid!), posted a while back, on a thread on the same topic, that he knew that they were in fact married, and had been for ages... though he would spill no details! :shh:

That's true, but Larry himself said, in a fairly recent interview (last couple of years; can't find it at the moment) that they had "never gotten around to it".

GracelandHarley said:

yeah, like he said that fake Edge was the Real thing :whistle:

You could only know for sure, if you were present at the event (esp. with Larry being Larry)

Even if people don't marry, after living together for seven years, especially if they have kids, they are considered 'common law' spouses in the US and Europe. Anita Pallenburg used this to get alimony from Keith Richards, though they were never married, they were together for many years and had children together. So I guess the rule is, paper or not, if you keep her for seven years, she's yours.

greety said:
yeah, like he said that fake Edge was the Real thing :whistle:

:lol: Haha, I was just about to post the exact same comment Greet!

Maybe we've been spending too much time "together" (pm's/mails) lately and have started to think alike... :wink: :nerd: :giggle:

Larry has spoken negatively about marriage...but, then again, I refer to marriage as assisted suicide, yet I will most likely get married someday. :wink:

Laurel Hill said:
Even if people don't marry, after living together for seven years, especially if they have kids, they are considered 'common law' spouses in the US and Europe. Anita Pallenburg used this to get alimony from Keith Richards, though they were never married, they were together for many years and had children together. So I guess the rule is, paper or not, if you keep her for seven years, she's yours.

"if you keep her for seven years, she's yours"

I didn't know it was the middle ages....

Anyways, the 7 year rule does not exist. Not all states in the US recognize common law marriages. In fact, only a small portion of states do.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
cuz he has managed to keep his private life so private.. I didn't know he had a daughter too. I knew about his son, elvis tho.:wink:

Not only do they have a daughter, Ava, but also a second son whose name has never been revealed (although I have seen him) even though he's already five years old! <g>

Thanks for posting that Biff. I love reading Larry stories cause he's so elusive. I can just picture that scene in the bar. I'm glad he got up and did it and I'm sure it wasn't TOO painful. Probably would have been even less painful had they asked him an hour later...lol.

Bonochick said:
Larry has spoken negatively about marriage...but, then again, I refer to marriage as assisted suicide, yet I will most likely get married someday. :wink:

Was that from the Zootv book? Something along the lines of marriage being a partnership and if people go into it thinking something different they are kidding themselves (which I don't think is so bad actually, but I might be remembering it wrong). I don't remember the exact quote :reject:.

Last edited:
Merc said:

:lol: Haha, I was just about to post the exact same comment Greet!

Maybe we've been spending too much time "together" (pm's/mails) lately and have started to think alike... :wink: :nerd: :giggle:

love.gif

arw9797 said:

"if you keep her for seven years, she's yours"

I didn't know it was the middle ages....

Anyways, the 7 year rule does not exist. Not all states in the US recognize common law marriages. In fact, only a small portion of states do.

I didn't mean 'she's yours' as in the Bible days when a guy could work seven years to earn his wife and work another seven to earn her better looking sister. I meant it as a good thing for women, that after seven years she has the same right as a real wife, and if he tried to 'get rid of her' she'd be able to 'divorce' him. Remember the Lee Marvin 'palimony' suit? So while a guy may look at it as 'stuck with her' the 'she's yours' actually benefits the woman. Sorry to sound offensive, didn't mean to. And I'm sorry the old law isn't still in effect in many places. Squatters' rights for land still are suprisingly on the books in many places. "Squat" for 7 years and if no one runs you off you can claim it.

kellyahern said:

Was that from the Zootv book? Something along the lines of marriage being a partnership and if people go into it thinking something different they are kidding themselves (which I don't think is so bad actually, but I might be remembering it wrong). I don't remember the exact quote :reject:.

"I'm a cynic about all that lovey-dovey stuff. A marriage is a partnership and you better look at it that way or you're in trouble!
All that lovey-dovey business gets in the way. How's she gonna feel about him in a couple of years when he's pickin' his nose? Or when he's pickin' her nose?"

I guess some might not think that's a negative view of marriage...but I do! :lol: I guess if you find someone with the same feeling though...it's an absolutely fine view. :laugh:

Bonochick said:

"I'm a cynic about all that lovey-dovey stuff. A marriage is a partnership and you better look at it that way or you're in trouble!
All that lovey-dovey business gets in the way. How's she gonna feel about him in a couple of years when he's pickin' his nose? Or when he's pickin' her nose?"

I guess some might not think that's a negative view of marriage...but I do! :lol: I guess if you find someone with the same feeling though...it's an absolutely fine view. :laugh:

:lol: that sounds not that negative to me... but then again, it was larry who said it, and it depends on the way he said it probably..

He has a point, though. I mean, things dont' stay cutesy for long. What's going to happen when he's fat andbald? (Although Larry will probably NEVER be fat. I'd be shocked.)

Heh. At this point, I'll take it. Anything to get rid of that greaseball effect.

Y'know, it may actually fit him, in a creepy sort of way. :p

He'd look fine I think, not that I want him to, but if he did.... he'd look excellent. I'd like to see him in the crew cut again.

Larry might look good bald but only if he had some facial hair like a goatee going at the same time. On the other hand, Bono totally bald... :no:

Laurel Hill said:

I didn't mean 'she's yours' as in the Bible days when a guy could work seven years to earn his wife and work another seven to earn her better looking sister. I meant it as a good thing for women, that after seven years she has the same right as a real wife, and if he tried to 'get rid of her' she'd be able to 'divorce' him. Remember the Lee Marvin 'palimony' suit? So while a guy may look at it as 'stuck with her' the 'she's yours' actually benefits the woman. Sorry to sound offensive, didn't mean to. And I'm sorry the old law isn't still in effect in many places. Squatters' rights for land still are suprisingly on the books in many places. "Squat" for 7 years and if no one runs you off you can claim it.

Interesting piece of law...
Tought it doesn't exist everywhere in Europe... i'm a marital lawyer and i'm positive : this rule doesn't exists in my country : no marriage, no inheritance in case of death and no money in case of separation (except for the kids of course !)

Back
Top Bottom