i miss my cats...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss-U2

Refugee
well i dunno if it is because it is not a good period for me now or what, but i am sad or angry at everything :(

and today, i miss my cats :sad: they died last year....
sorry, i am certainly bugging you, but it needs to be said...

i had 2 cats, a female and a male... i had them since i was 9 or so... and i had always had cats, when one died, my dad always came home with another one!!! but not this time :sad: my mum didnot want others (i think she has enough to be sad when one of them dies ) and well anyway, now i am not leaving with my parents anymore, so, even if we had had another cat, i would not have been able to see him so... :huh:

but anyway, the female one died 2 years ago i think... she had a cancer (i know, it is weird ) the problem is that i didnot even have the time to say goodbye to her... cos i didnot she had this.... we thought she was just sick... so my sister brought her to the doctor.... later in the day, he called us.... and he said that she had a cancer... so, we could come to pick her up (and see her suffering every day and pay for lots of pills) or he could.... well u know... :sad: kill her.... so well, we chose the second solution.... :sad: but we haven't had time to kiss her a last time (u must think i am weird to talk like that about a cat but :heart: )

and the male one.... geez i really loved this one :love: he was like my baby!!! i know, that's stupid!!! but i found him lost on a forest near my house.... he was a kitty.... abandonned and certainly bad-treated before.... and i have always thought i was like his mum... :hug: cos when he was on my knees, he put his head very near my belly, and i read somewhere that when cats are doing this, they think they are in their mum's belly... well anyway, there was really something special between us... just looking at each other... and i dunno.... we understood each other.... and well, he was sick too... i think it was last year... or 6months ago.... so, as for the other cat, we brought it to to doctor... we received a phone call later in the day.... :sad: and he had HIV (i know, that's weird too ) and of course, we chose the second solution too, he killed the cat.... i have not even had the time to hug him one last time ....

and now, i am looking at their pics on my wall... and i miss them!!!

i am always wondering if they understand what is going to happen to them, once at the doctor's place...

awww :sad:
:hug:

my story is not about cats, but about dogs

I've had a lot of dogs, cause I just love them...
and I had one that was a female, and she had a baby dog, but my step dad didn't want to keep the baby dog (were born 6 but he was the only one who survived), he didn't want to keep him because we already had too many dogs, so when i left in the morning for school, and then i came back by the afternoon, he had given the dog to some woman that wanted it, and I did not have the time to see him a last time again...

and some months later the woman called us saying that the dog died because his food was poisoned.
I was so sad and mad, I thought that if he had stayed with me, he wouldn't have died.

And after some months, his mommy ran away while my step dad opened the gate to get the car out. :sad:

We put notes around the neighboor to try find her but no one saw her.

And then I had this other little dog, that died hited by a car.
A female dog was on her period, and passed in front of him, and the gate was open, so he ran after her, and while he was going across the street after the bitch the car hited him. :sad:

And had another dog that died hited by stones that bad ppl used to throw at him during the night.

Now I got 3 dogs, all females.

One lab, one of the street, and one pinther (not sure the name in portuguese)

and they're so cuuuute.. I'll get a pic of them for ya
But pets are like that, as they come and bring us happiness they also go, as we'll all go someday, just think that you ended with both pain by doing the good thing
and now they're in the pets heaven :hug:

Losing a pet is really sad and traumatic. I'm sorry you guys lost pets. My sister still has her cat but she had a real scare when a vet told her the cat had some sort of cancer. They were able to cure the cat and she's OK but it was a really horrid experience. :sad: :sad:

I know how you feel :hug: Animals are like family and friends. I love animals so much, I never want to be without them again. They mean so much to me, and are nicer than most people. Anyone who loves animals should have some, so many need homes.

You girls' stories are touching :hug: I have so many sad animals stories, I couldn't post them all, and I don't feel up to it anyway:(

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel,Emilie. :hug:
I had a pet(a dog) who died 2 years ago of cancer.She was the only pet I've ever had.My dad brought her home when I was 5.
We had to put her to sleep.I remember I was so sad. :sad:
It all happened very fast and I didn't have time to say goodbye.But in the end it was the best thing for her.I didn't want to see her suffer anymore. :(

miss-U2 said:
i am always wondering if they understand what is going to happen to them, once at the doctor's place...
I don't know if they understood what was going to happen,but I'm sure they knew how much you loved them and they also knew that you wouldn't do anything bad for them.
I know it's very sad,but I'm sure they're in a better place,without diseases or mean people.
The next time you feel sad,try to remember about a good moment or a funny situation involving you and your cats. :hug:

im a nurse at a pet clinic an i have to say from the looks on the animals faces right before inducing the euthanasia i believe they do have an idea of what is gonna happen..... once in a while some animals do look sad like theydont want to go, but the majority seem calm and they close their eyes as if just ready,
a lot of people think that euthanizing animals is cruel but it really isnt, its peacful and all the pets we put to sleep are really ill, uncirable and painful.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about your kitties :(
I have lost a couple cats.. one due to diabetes and one cancer.

It's sad and even though I have 2 of my own now I will never forget them. They really touch your lives :hug:

Back
Top Bottom