I met one of Bono's classmates today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
It was so random - my Mum works at a school and they were having a fete, so I went along to help out. She was saying to me that there was an Irish woman who was the Mother of one of the children who was helping run the stall, so she said I should talk to her.
I was reluctant, but my Mum dragged me over to her anyway and started going on about how much I like U2. I was pretty embarassed, so said 'yeah. My Mum assumes that because you're from Ireland, you naturally love U2', and then the woman told me that she didn't like U2 much, but that she hadn't minded them when they were at school!

So naturally, I held composure and didn't bombard her with questions.

Not. :wink:

Poor, poor woman. Really. I didn't shut up for about an hour.

Anyways, she was telling me how Bono had been in all her classes at Mount Temple and that he had always been very charming and nice, but very self-assured - he was confident, and at times a little arrogant. Apparantly, none of the boys used to do their homework and they'd always practice in the school hall at lunchtimes, but their history teacher would always crash their practices and make them do their homework 'incase this band thing falls through' (haha).

She actually really didn't tell me anything I didn't know already, but it was so bizarre hearing from someone who had *actually* known them back in the day.

My U2 excitement for the day! :hyper:

Cool b2d! :cool:

Thanks for telling your little story! :yes:

Awww that is really cool:hyper: :hyper:

what does she mean she doesn't like them much:rant: ...........

just kidding:wink:

no I'm not:angry:

" in case this band thing falls through" :lmao:

Wonderful thread.

Thanks so much for sharing.:wink:

Funny and nice!! :lol: It must have been fun to know them in their early days, when they were not famous yet :)

I'd take the woman's story with a grain of salt. I just CANNOT imagine Edge not doing his homework!:wink:

FEELINNUMB said:
I'd take the woman's story with a grain of salt. I just CANNOT imagine Edge not doing his homework!:wink:

:lol: I think Bono and Adam put some rebel attitude in 'im...

that's an awesome story, thanks for sharing, must feel real weird and cool knowing that you went to school with someone famous - BONO no less!!

Back
Top Bottom