I knew there was something I had to do... fünf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey

remember how we were talking about old pictures?

I'm scanning some for my aunt... she's got a bunch of pictures granddad took on D-Day, and they've turned all reddish, and she wants me to scan them and make them black and white again.

Some of them are really cool and I think I'll share 'cause I'm bored... you get the non-greyscaled ones though. I like them better.

This is a guy named Lt. Hickey (who owns Hickey's Funeral Home in town these days).

Attachments

• for post.jpg
    for post.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 53
Kristie said:
hey

remember how we were talking about old pictures?

I'm scanning some for my aunt... she's got a bunch of pictures granddad took on D-Day, and they've turned all reddish, and she wants me to scan them and make them black and white again.

Some of them are really cool and I think I'll share 'cause I'm bored... you get the non-greyscaled ones though. I like them better.

This is a guy named Lt. Hickey (who owns Hickey's Funeral Home in town these days).

Old photos are cool :yes: :up: Did you scan the rest? I'd like to see them :).

Hopefully, I'll be going on vacation for a week tomorrow at the beach :dance:.

hippy said:

Try and avoid the hurricane, okay? ;)

I'm actually not worried about the hurricane. I'm worried about the EOC at work panicking and calling all of us in the rec department into work (so we can make sandwiches for the fire dept. and then sit around and do nothing, which is what we did last time). Not to mention there is a wedding reception rental tomorrow at my rec center and I do not want to call bridezilla to tell her "sorry, your reception is now a city shelter, bye."

Am I still bitter from last year? Ooooo, a tad. :)

...that "me" written on the last one, Granddad wrote that. I see no person there, but whatever.

this is... his ship, I suppose?

Attachments

• for post.jpg
    for post.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 43
These are soldiers playing football on the beach during a lull in the battle.

mmm, d-day football
craziness

Attachments

• for post.jpg
    for post.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 36
last one for now

I'll have some more good non-war ones a little later, I've got a whole photo album here...

Attachments

• for post.jpg
    for post.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hello you Plebans!
Sorry I've been away for a while; I hope everyone's ok from the London bombings and the hurricane (what's wrong with this world??)..:(

:wave:

Ended up with just some heavy rain and wind... not fun whilst stuck inside with a dog... but it definitely was a blessing that it didn't hit us :yes: Especially after last year.

I like old pictures a lot... especially those pictures taken by people I know or that I have friends that I know... basically I like history and especially social history! :up:

Anyway, I'm only here for a short while before heading back to house/dog sitting... woo.

Dallas...probably not. The coast of Texas could be at risk, but the storms generally move north east from there. Conneticut is more likely, but by then you're only getting the storm system/front, not the actual hurricane. Still, it can be windy and will rain a LOT (or snow a LOT).

/weather nerd

I can handle rain/snow... people keep telling me it snows so much there, and it's going to get so cold. So now I am going to gather climatological data on New Haven, CT and compare it with what I'm used to in Mishawaka, IN, because now I'm curious.

Temperature in January (avg high, avg low)
CT: 38, 23
IN: 30, 14

Temperature in July (avg high, avg low)
CT: 82, 65
IN: 83, 62 (man, not this summer, it's been in the 90s every day for the last three weeks)

Average Annual Snowfall
CT: 26.2"
IN: 70.8"

I also found out that african-american people are in the majority in New Haven. Nothing wrong with that, just different... mishawaka is 90% white.

Summary: New Haven is like Indiana, but generally milder. and ON THE OCEAN. And just better.

on a totally unrelated note, I just got back to my apartment after three weeks of being at home and found a phone bill left on my table for me that is three weeks old. Apparently Angie thought that would be better than, you know, PAYING IT since I was at home for an indefinate period of time.
:mad:

Dear Sacman,
I found a picture of you the other day. It was good times.
"He could like, store his keys in there!"

well.. um..

anyone else got the new harry potter book?
My brother bought it for me for my birthday and it showed up in the mail today just as planned. Hooray Harry Potter!

However, I spent the day sewing up myself a new pair of shorts. I love my new sewing machine.

Umm.. the weather sucks here right now. It's not actually that hot but it's been drizzling the last week from that damn hurricane and Indiana has turned into a freaking rain forest. There's a haze over everything and it just sucks to go outside, you're insta-wet and sweaty. Of course, all you florida people are probably saying "Try being in the damn hurricane!"

Anyone seen the new willy wonka movie?

I got two non-harry potter books today. And the guy at the checkout pointed at one and was like "this is not a good book."
Dumbass, then shouldn't you not be selling it to me?

Of course now I feel stupid and am thinking of returning it. :reject:

The weather here suuuucks as well. For most of the day we all sat around and went "daaamn it's hot."
I quote one roommate: "Michigan, you whore. Sleeping around with all the weather except the kind I want." But then it rained and she went outside and said "Thank you! Sorry for calling you a whore!"
Maybe you had to be there. :wink:

Said roommate also saw willy wonka and said it was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom