I knew there was something I had to do... fünf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:

8 times so far, i've seen 3...but never just the band playing, damn it ;)

kristie, let me guess...tall blonde? turned out to be a man? i've been called "sir" twice by cashiers who aren't paying attention in meijers.

that's all.

I got a subpoena today to be a witness for the state for a traffic accident I saw in January. The trouble is, I don't remember many details, except that one of the cars rolled over :reject:. It happened so fast, I was just concentrating in not getting into an accident myself.

I want to call them up and say, "Um, you guys might not want me on the stand. My sister and I even disagree on what color the defendant's car was :huh:."

kellyahern said:

I came to the realization that my least favorite words I hear at work are, "Kelly, I've been thinking. . . ". Okay, maybe not my least favorite, but inside I always want to say, "I don't care. Whatever it is, even if it's a good idea, I don't care right now." :reject:

I've learned that shortly after those words are spoken there is a new pile of work on MY desk.:wink:

kellyahern said:
I got a subpoena today to be a witness for the state for a traffic accident I saw in January. The trouble is, I don't remember many details, except that one of the cars rolled over :reject:. It happened so fast, I was just concentrating in not getting into an accident myself.

I want to call them up and say, "Um, you guys might not want me on the stand. My sister and I even disagree on what color the defendant's car was :huh:."

That sounds like fun... :|

Good luck with that!

Stories for Boys said:

kristie, let me guess...tall blonde? turned out to be a man? i've been called "sir" twice by cashiers who aren't paying attention in meijers.

that's all.

What? How?

They must have been on :crack:

In other news... I had a cool "U2 moment" today. I had to call one of my advertisers... so I'm calling and I get put on hold only to hear U2's "Seconds" on the hold music! I seriously gasped out loud the words "It's SECONDS!" and proceeded to draw the attention of the rest of my team members. Then I got all happy and giggly... which distracted me for the ACTUAL purpose of my phone call! lmao Then I was put on hold later and "Pride" was on

Of all the songs in all the world, why was SECONDS on the hold music!?!?!?

But then again... waiting... seconds... almost makes perfect sense :lol:

It was cool to have a U2 moment as I have not had one recently and I've been concentrating on other musical groups.

[/rambling]

bonosloveslave said:

How's life? Who's coming to hang in Chicago on the 20th and MI in October? :hyper:

:dance:

I think I would trade all my GAs for a chance to go to the Tampa show b/c I LOVE Florida and I never get to meet Kim, but it just won't work. :(

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I think I would trade all my GAs for a chance to go to the Tampa show b/c I LOVE Florida and I never get to meet Kim, but it just won't work. :(

:(

My tickets in Tampa are at the very top of the 300 section at the other end of the arena. I find it kind of funny that after flying all over to see U2, the worst seats I have are in my hometown :reject:.

I still call it The Ice Palace, because that's a much cooler name than The St.Pete Times Forum :madspit: .

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Awwww... I wish that would work somehow :hug:

Tampa is a show I actually have a GA for! Both Miami's I have seated tix... which is good and yet still kind of disappointing...

What I Do At Work All Day:
what-i-do-at-work-all-day.gif

Stories for Boys said:
:wave:

8 times so far, i've seen 3...but never just the band playing, damn it ;)

that's all.

nope
only slightly tall blonde girl with hair in ponytail walking with a very short girl, giving the illusion of more tall-ness than was actually there

I know a few people that have mistaken Dave for a girl.

hippy said:

What? How?

They must have been on :crack:

In other news... I had a cool "U2 moment" today. I had to call one of my advertisers... so I'm calling and I get put on hold only to hear U2's "Seconds" on the hold music! I seriously gasped out loud the words "It's SECONDS!" and proceeded to draw the attention of the rest of my team members. Then I got all happy and giggly... which distracted me for the ACTUAL purpose of my phone call! lmao Then I was put on hold later and "Pride" was on

Of all the songs in all the world, why was SECONDS on the hold music!?!?!?

But then again... waiting... seconds... almost makes perfect sense :lol:

It was cool to have a U2 moment as I have not had one recently and I've been concentrating on other musical groups.

[/rambling]

it's subliminal messages to get you to hang up so they don't have to talk to you

takes a second to say goodbye...

bonosloveslave said:
Hi Girlies! :wave:

How's life? Who's coming to hang in Chicago on the 20th and MI in October? :hyper:

unfortunately, not me
because I am now, as of today, living in connecticut

by "today" I mean "for some reason it's 5:41am and I'm still awake, but I got here at 2 technically yesterday, but for me the next day doesn't start until I get some sleep"

Kristie said:

unfortunately, not me
because I am now, as of today, living in connecticut

by "today" I mean "for some reason it's 5:41am and I'm still awake, but I got here at 2 technically yesterday, but for me the next day doesn't start until I get some sleep"

I don't know if I've ever said "Congratulations!" to you, twin.

Not for the "staying up late" but for the "getting into a rockin' grad school" :D

So....

CONGRATULATIONS!

*points at Kim* What she said. :wink:

How long does it take to get from D.C. to Connecticut? *bad at eastern seaboard geography*

hippy said:

I don't know if I've ever said "Congratulations!" to you, twin.

Not for the "staying up late" but for the "getting into a rockin' grad school" :D

So....

CONGRATULATIONS!

wow!
oooooo, colors!
thanks! :hug:

I like exclamation points!

Did you know the lollipop was invented here?

Ultraviolet Light said:
*points at Kim* What she said. :wink:

How long does it take to get from D.C. to Connecticut? *bad at eastern seaboard geography*

it's about 5 or 6 hours

and it looks like a crappy trip with lots of turns and large cities
I'm pretty sure the amtrak runs that way.

So I've just decided that I'm playing hooky from work for two days at the end of September to drive to Atlanta to see Oasis and Jet in concert :yes:

Anyone want to join me? :D

And I love the fact that I asked all of my friends for advice on whether or not I should do it and every single one of them was like "DO IT. Don't even think about going to work!" :lol:

hey beth. you all must come find me in the GA line in chicago...i'll be there. i have seats for the first detroit show, but i'll be doing GA with lies for the 2nd.

hey hippy, at one point i actually had a GA for tampa too, but i just bought it to do a really indirect trade for portland. :huh: are you making it out of FLA for any shows?

Stories for Boys said:

hey hippy, at one point i actually had a GA for tampa too, but i just bought it to do a really indirect trade for portland. :huh: are you making it out of FLA for any shows?

Not at this point... I was kind of thinking of keeping up the "U2 week" by going to Atlanta on 11/18 (or something like that)

I've also been invited to NYC for the MSG show if I can find a ticket... :|

How awesome would that have been if you were coming to Tampa? That's the one show I actually have GA for! :hug:

hippy said:
So I've just decided that I'm playing hooky from work for two days at the end of September to drive to Atlanta to see Oasis and Jet in concert :yes:

And I love the fact that I asked all of my friends for advice on whether or not I should do it and every single one of them was like "DO IT. Don't even think about going to work!" :lol:

I saw that in your away message
I voted for "DO IT" but I don't think I ever actually told you. Heh, oops.

hippy said:

Well, I'm going to a "reunion" for September 19-21 :shifty: :D

well, it's not much of a saga

I meant to go there on Sunday, but I called for their hours and discovered they'd closed at 5 (it was 5:30) so I didn't get to go.
Today, I was walking there and taking pictures of campus with my digitial camera for my mom... and then started noticing I was getting into the not-so-greatest part of town. People were trying to sell me pirated DVDs on the sidewalk and there were bars on all the windows, and I'm the kind of girl who might as well have a sign over her head that says "DEFENSELESS HONKY", AND the sun was going down. So, as it would be dark by the time I'd done my shopping, I decided it would be prudent to maybe come back in my car tomorrow.

hehehee
I just hope my professors let me skip class to see U2, because I'm pretty sure I have class the day I have tickets.

If not, I'll have to get sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom