I Feel Sorry For Edge When He Slips And Falls In The "Stuck" Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I know it's just a video and that he didn't "really" fall...he's just acting...but when he slips on those nachos and his food all goes flying, and he falls, I just feel like, awwwwwwww...
frown.gif
Then they show him at the end when he's still lying there singing, it's like, dammit, how could all of those people just leave him lying there? But it's just a video...he's just acting...

Bah...does anybody else feel this way?? Or am I nuts??
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Edgie seems to have a talent for acting, he looked like a real pro on the "making of elevation" special!
Goooo Edgie! What a talented guy!
biggrin.gif

I also felt bad for the guy, laying there on the steps in an empty stadium! I wonder....has that or something similar ever happened to anyone?!
A friend of mine slipped on similar concrete steps during a concert. It was not a pretty site, but at least she did not break anything.
smile.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

If you want to kiss the sky..Better learn how to kneel..(on your knees boy!)

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

Ok, I actually have to narrow down the number of times stuff like that has happened to me.
Let's see. The best one was falling down a flight of stairs in a victorian gown in a play I was doing while I was singing a song. I just got up and kept going but I was embarassed and had brusies all over me for DAYS.
I also tore all the ligaments on the right side of my ankle dancing in a club and got carried down a flight of stairs by two huge bouncers who were trying to hit on me at the same time. The real cherry on top was that this happened on dec. 23, and there were about 40 Santa Clauses in the bar at the bottom of the stairs who cheered loudly when they saw me get carried down the stairs. They were the mall Santas having their staff party. Sigh. On the way to the emergency room I had to break into my place of work with my best friend to use a phone to get a ride to the hospital. My best friend gave herself a concussion on the car door putting me in the back seat. We both spent the rest of the night in emerg.
I have more of these stories....sigh.
-Klutzy Bluey

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!" :)

*laughing at Bluey's expense*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Oh Bluey, I'm SO sorry, but even your sad stories crack me up! *snigger...chortle*

I'm thinkin you REALLY need to write a screenplay for a sit-com, featuring YOUR LIFE!!! Or your memoires at the very least. This story, the sheep story, the sock puppets...people would pay good money for that. I know I would!
smile.gif

So...start a new story thread already!
smile.gif

disco

Originally posted by blueeyes:
Ok, I actually have to narrow down the number of times stuff like that has happened to me.

I also tore all the ligaments on the right side of my ankle dancing in a club and got carried down a flight of stairs by two huge bouncers who were trying to hit on me at the same time. The real cherry on top was that this happened on dec. 23, and there were about 40 Santa Clauses in the bar at the bottom of the stairs who cheered loudly when they saw me get carried down the stairs. They were the mall Santas having their staff party. Sigh. On the way to the emergency room I had to break into my place of work with my best friend to use a phone to get a ride to the hospital. My best friend gave herself a concussion on the car door putting me in the back seat. We both spent the rest of the night in emerg.
I have more of these stories....sigh.
-Klutzy Bluey

Bluey shared her embarrassing falling stories, so I'll share some of mine!

~When I was a freshman, I was wearing a Shakespearian style gown for my high school's annual Shakespeare Festival. Last minute, y class needed one more girl for the tug of war team, so I volunteered. I was wearing high heels, so I had to take my shoes off. Well, it had rained, and the ground was kind of muddy. I slipped in the mud, fell backwards, and a gust of wind blew my skirt up over my head. All of my friends and teachers saw. Even worse, my older sister was a senior, and she was watching and had brought all of her friends to watch.

~In middle school, I was wearing my new black heeled boots (I got them because they looked like a female equivalent of something Bono would wear). I was carrying my lunch tray when the heel of my boot slipped. My tray landed on the floor before I did, and I ended up slammin' my arse down on mashed potatoes, corn, and Jell-O. Everybody stood up and applauded for me.

~Another time in middle school, we were down in the gym after lunch (no, not the same day!). A friend came by to tell me that she was talking to this guy, and he told her that he thought I was a klutz. Insulted, I immediately got up to find him and defend myself. I saw him on the other side of the gym and started to run. While running, I tripped over my own feet and fell. Since I had been running, and the gym floor was so shiny and smooth, I slid on my stomach only to stop at the feet of the guy who had said I was a klutz. I looked up and declared, "I am NOT a klutz!" Umm...I don't think he believed me...

~My friends dropped me off on the side of the road so I could walk to my car to drive home. It had been raining/snowing outside, and we were all in a goofy mood. They told my to do my dance (I have this little dance I do that's stupid but makes my friends laugh). I started to do it, but I slipped and landed in a huge, deep puddle (that was cooooooold!!!).

~At a pep assembly in high school, I was a senior, and this sophomore (what the feck was she doing sitting in the senior section anyway???) suddenly shoved me, and I went flying down the bleachers and landed on the gym floor in front of the entire school. Too make it even worse, the class president said loudly, "Whoa!!! Don't get too excited!!!"

Damn, I could go on all night!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Thanks for the hilarious stories. I'm a klutz too, but I'll spare you the details.

Edge looks so cute when he's falling!

------------------
BOOM-CHA

At Disco's request. I have two LOOSELY U2 related klutz stories.

1) When I dressed up as Macphisto on halloween I went over to my friend's house to pick her up. She and my other buds were all sitting on the couch watching t.v. I walked in and they all started to laugh at me. I said in my best macphistish voice "you people just don't know style when you see it" and proceeded to strut with all the attitude I could muster across the room. Unbeknownst to this "Macphisto" however, I had some snow or water on the bottom of my glittery gold heel. All of a sudden my walk of coolness was interrupted when my feet came up infront of my head and Macphisto went down HARD right in front of the T.V.. I was trying to be in character so I just stayed on the ground and pretended like I did that on purpose so I could watch T.V. .
My friends pulled muscles laughing.

2) I was in a rock band with a couple of guys for a little while. One day in the studio, A*** (names have been changed to protect the innocent!) the bassist started playing this familliar riff. I saw him smirking at me and asked him what it was. He said he wouldn't tell me and I had to figure it out. I told him to tell me again and he giggled and said sheet with the title on it was right by him. I lunged across the studio to "git him and his little dog too", when I shoved my boot into a metal milk crate. I tripped over the crate and grabbed my mic stand on the way down. The mic stand took the music stand with my binder of LOOSE lyrics (about 200 pages) with it to the ground. A*** kinda tried to break my fall by grabbing my shoulders, but I smashed my face on the stringy part of the bass guitar instead. After I knew the bass was okay, we all laughed really hard and got the stupid lead singer an ice pack for her swollen lip. The drummer joked that I needed to wear a helmet onstage. har har. The bassline was Angel of Harlem.

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 09-04-2001).]

lol I felt bad for Edge for a second then I saw Larry and all the bad thoughts were gone. Bono is my husband but Larry is my...I wanna say mistress. Out of wedlock lover. What do you call a man that's a mistress only he's a man? A mister? hm.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

to a certain extent Adam COULD be a mistress. but I guess the rest of them can't.

Mona's Man Corral
1. Bono
2. hot hot hot Larry
3. hot hot hot Pat Monahan
4. Jude Law
5. Ewan
6. Bono's son in 17 years

eeh...I'm lookin out the window and we have a swingset but no man corral

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Gina suddenly glad she has no life today, wiping the tears from her eyes from all of Mona's posts.

Gina's man corral:

Edge
Larry
Aw, what the heck, Bono and Adam too
Vince Vaughn
Dylan McDermott
Brendan Fraser
Ewan McGregor
Josh Hartnett-too young for me, but I don't care!!

*Gina gathers up some rope to lasso these men into her man corral*

Back
Top Bottom