How tall is Larry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not a surprise that Bono lists his official height as 5'8... He has been known to be insecure about his height. Larry on the other hand is probably telling the the truth about being 5'7. Bono, without shoes is very close to 5'6 or 5'6 1/2 MAX... Depending on his shoes, he can appear taller than Larry and even sometimes taller than Edge. Only recently has larry started wearing the same chunky shoes as Bono, which is why people may think he's even taller than he is... but if there's one thing that i know, Larry is definitely a skinny dude... his upper body is pumped, but his lower body is tiny...

^^ you're right. i go to this website a lot, www.celebheights.com and it has fan's experiences. bono is 5'6, and has been wearing shoes with lifts for years. remember the cowboy boots back in the 80s? they looked like womens high heels!! so he can appear 5'8 but barefoot, man is short. only in size though - bono is larger than life! :)

^^ :lol: i think us measuring them would solve this once and for all!!

:hmm: how about i hold them down and you measure them? would that work? ;)

ultravioletluvv said:
Imagen1.png

And Bono's cute little feet...
That's too funny. This is the picture I think I took when the band were in Miami last year...but you're more than welcome to use it.

As for their height, Bono and Larry I think are nearly identical, as I've demonstrated here,
63075744.jpg

although it seems that Bono has longer arms (his are pretty bent and clearly much longer and Larry's are almost straight). Their shoes appear to be about the same height. Their shoulders and chins are at approximately the same height but Larry's head appears to be taller. I stood in front of Bono and I'm 5'2" (on a good day) and he was only a few inches taller than me. I'd venture to say he's about 5'6" as posted before.

I think the angle is deceiving, but Larry's may be a "bit" higher. Either way I still think Larry is slightly taller than Bono.

One thing's for sure...it looks like they use the same shoemaker...lol

U2FloridaFan said:

That's too funny. This is the picture I think I took when the band were in Miami last year...but you're more than welcome to use it.

:bow: I bow to your greatness!
Bonotoes :drool:

also dreamoutloud, can I help? I'll uh... uh.. uh.. :hmm: *tries to think of something* uh yea, I'll give Bono a shave :wink:

U2FloridaFan said:

LOL... i saw that pic on another site a while back and saved it... had no idea where it originated... but i should have know that all great pictures originate here in PLEBA! :D Thanks for letting me use it!

U2FloridaFan said:
As for their height, Bono and Larry I think are nearly identical, as I've demonstrated here,
63075744.jpg

although it seems that Bono has longer arms (his are pretty bent and clearly much longer and Larry's are almost straight). Their shoes appear to be about the same height. Their shoulders and chins are at approximately the same height but Larry's head appears to be taller. I stood in front of Bono and I'm 5'2" (on a good day) and he was only a few inches taller than me. I'd venture to say he's about 5'6" as posted before.

oh man, this thread just gets better and better... :laugh: but how 'bout Edge? I put him at about 5'8 in very flat shoes...

U2FloridaFan said:

Good for you for getting a foot shot!

Only one other time have I seen his feet...barefoot and standing in sand, singing with someone (don't give that man a microphone...wait...OK, let him have it!). Unfortunately the shot wasn't very focused so you couldn't tell much, but Bono's definately got cute feet.

Anyone care to guess what size shoes he wears?

Now this is funny...why would Bono care so much about his height? I can see why it would bother a teenage guy who is clawing his way to adult status and every thing helps, but he's mature...OK, past that earlier stage...LOL...famous, smart, rich, cheered by nearly everyone for every move he makes, lionized in every detail of his grooming (or lack there of). He hangs out with the famous, the shakers and movers of the world (they even stay in his guest house. The former leaders of the world have never dropped by my house), by his admission every thing in contact with him becomes iconic. He's happily married to a woman he doesn't have to fight tigers for every day and has four good kids. He proved himself to be a good son.

....why does he care that he's short?

Women are swooning over his chin scar and freckles - tell me, you guys out there, would you be willing to be short, freckled and scarred if women would swoon over you for the next thiry years, or if you could make a good living while hundreds of thousands of fans scream your name? Even when you're sweaty?

Why does he care that he's short??

He's Bono. He's one of a kind. He's a terrific guy and he admits he isn't perfect. He's helping stamp out poverty, AIDS and maybe even the Troubles in Ireland. He's funny and tender-hearted. He's gotta be one of the most beloved people in Western Civilization. Beyond that is coveteousness.

Bono! Forget the height! We don't care! We love you just the way you are.

Be short; be loved.

<panting from emotional exertion> <stepping off soap box>

Last edited:
Rini said:
Now this is funny...why would Bono care so much about his height? I can see why it would bother a teenage guy who is clawing his way to adult status and every thing helps, but he's mature...OK, past that earlier stage...LOL...famous, smart, rich, cheered by nearly everyone for every move he makes, lionized in every detail of his grooming (or lack there of). He hangs out with the famous, the shakers and movers of the world (they even stay in his guest house. The former leaders of the US or Russia have never dropped by my house), by his admission every thing in contact with him becomes iconic. He's happily married to a woman he doesn't have to fight tigers for every day and has four good kids. He proved himself to be a good son.

....why does he care that he's short?

Women are swooning over his chin scar and freckles - tell me, you guys out there, would you be willing to be short, freckled and scarred if women would swoon over you for the next thiry years, or if you could make a good living while hundreds of thousands of fans scream your name? Even when you're sweaty?

Why does he care that he's short??

He's Bono. He's one of a kind. He's a terrific guy and he admits he isn't perfect. He's helping stamp out poverty, AIDS and maybe even the Troubles in Ireland. He's funny and tender-hearted. He's gotta be one of the most beloved people in Western Civilization. Beyond that is coveteousness.

Bono! Forget the height! We don't care! We love you just the way you are.

Be short; be loved.

<panting from emotional exertion> <stepping off soap box>

:up: well said but I think that's Bono. Even Rockstars have their problems and complexes(?). I don't understand it too. I don't understand why he cares so much about it. But I'm like him, I care too much about my hair though everyone says it looks good. You can tell him that you don't care about his height but you can't change the way he thinks about that. :huh:

But you're right! I don't care if he's short! I love him anyway! ;)

:up: well said but I think that's Bono. Even Rockstars have their problems and complexes(?). I don't understand it too. I don't understand why he cares so much about it. But I'm like him, I care too much about my hair though everyone says it looks good. You can tell him that you don't care about his height but you can't change the way he thinks about that. :huh:

But you're right! I don't care if he's short! I love him anyway! ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm sure you're right, Dahlia. Sigh. The tapes in the mind are hard to erase.

karri said:
Hiya, Im a newbie, been spending the last few days looking at all the Larry threads!! Was just thinking, does anyone know how tall he is????

How tall is Larry? Well, from reading the posts I guess the only answer to this question is not very! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom