home perm, has anyone done it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi folks!

Back in the day (read: about 3 years ago) I got a perm and I really liked it.
Um.. I suppose a picture would be appropriate here... let's see...

33562%3B3523232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D936%3D5%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B4794%3A%3Aot1lsi

The only decent picture I have of curly hair kristie. Never mind the rock star, I'm on the right.

Anyway, I de-permed for a few years because I got a boyfriend who also happens to have long blond curly hair and if I got a perm again we'd be twins. Now, though, he's in texas and I'm in connecticut until May and I'm thinking about doing it again since he's not around.

The moral of this story is, I'm poor and perms cost a lot. I've seen home perm kits at wal-mart, but I'm a little wary of them. Has anyone ever used one of these? Will they make me look like the bride of frankenstein? Any advice?

I've done them many times.
They don't last as long.
If you choose to do one at home, have a friend help you. Your arms will get tired holding them up to roll all that hair. Make sure you read the directions, use the correct rods and buy extra papers for rolling. Don't go over the recommended processing time.
Mine always turned out ok. Never burned at the scalp or the ends like at the salon. If you do burn the ends, a quick trip to the cheap haircut place will solve that.

Good Luck!!

ooo, thanks
that doesn't sound so bad

though I can't believe that only ONE PERSON out of all the people that come in here has done this

Back
Top Bottom