Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonobeliever

The Fly
I just wanted to say that I love this site very much-I come on here all of the time. I'm a long time U2 fan who started out listening to them when I heard "New Year's Day", "I Will Follow" and "Two Hearts Beat As One"-really love that song. As a matter of fact, I still remember the video for that-it had an acrobat and fireblower in it-blew my mind. During the 90's when I was in college, I did not have time to listen to U2 or any other band for that matter. I finally completed school, found employment-physical therapist-and now have rediscovered the band. I happened to hear the new album, and I liked it, and then went out and bought all of the albums. Sick huh? I basically fell back in love with U2. I'm sorry I missed their concert last year-had to work to pay my student loan-ha ha-but hopefully I can attend the next concert. I'm still working on getting premium membership to this site as well as the U2.com site. Anyway, enough rambling. U2 rocks! Plebans rules!!!

Welcome1.gif

love your story!!!!

You sound so motivated to do right by your education. Good for you, and nice to meet ya!

Hi bonobeliever , I to have been a U2 fan from the beginning also and lost touch with them in the nighties . I rediscovered U2 in 2000 missed the Elevation tour , I made the Vertigo tour , I'll never miss another tour !!!

not sick about buying all the back albums , I did the same .
although maybe were all sick
:hmm: but I don't want to be cured .

hey!
hopefully ill be able to be more like you next year in college..ill def. be getting into some heavy debt buying U2 tickets once they start touring again.

Hello and welcome! I'm sure you're gonna love this place...I know I do. :wink:

I will also take this chance to say that I'm back after a long, long time...in case anyone might remember me anymore...:rolleyes: I haven't actually left Interference or PLEBA at any time, it's just that my year has been SO incredibly hectic that I haven't had the time or the energy to join the discussions. But now it seems that my life has slowed down a bit and I have the time for this too. :)

:wave: Hi welcome, and thanks for your story!

I have rediscovered the band around 2000, too, after loosing touch with them in the 90s (was a fan of other poeple back then), but originally I got into them with Achtung Baby. I think, in the 80s I was too young to "get" U2's music, but still I liked what I knew back then.

Anyway, I'm totally obsessed now, not good for my age, and I LOVE this place, I am so happy I discovered this board, it has really changed my life.

I have 2 jobs, sometimes 3, 4 and work A LOT, also on weedends, but I come here regularly, because I simply need it, it gives me strength to catch up with the band and people here, it's a source of energy for me, of laughter and all kinds of emotions.

For me, every day without U2 is a lost day.

:heart:

Am I the only one who made a reverse path to come to love U2?!
I mean, I knew them and some of their most famous songs but that was all...until I met who would then become my husband: he is a big fan of them since ever, so I was induced to all their music repertory almost whenever I was with him and you have to think that it was their POP's period...so actually not the easy way to approach myself to their sounds (although now I love it!) And as I tried to pipe up he used to say: you know who's this smashing voice?! It's Bono! He's The great!...Yeah, I knew who was Bono. The boy with the ponytail of WOWY's video. Many girls in my school were mad about him, but I didn't like him too much (was I blind???)...until that sensual voice started to whirr in my head over and over again with the words "...when all I want is you..." and it became so delectable that I had to see how that boy has become with the ages...well, I saw some updated pix of him and he never left my head anymore. I can say he first won my heart with his voice! Now-a-days I know more of them then my husband, love all their sounds, all Bono's era, read their books, their lyrics and finally I found the amazing world of this site!
Sorry, I didn't mean to bore you...only...I think is amazing how different stories come to share the same passion here.
Btw, welcome, benvenuto bonobeliever :wave:

Back
Top Bottom