Hey! Shut up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
SO I was reading a few Grammy predictions (like I need to, I know who should win) on the internet today. I ran across this idiot who had nothing but cold pricklies for U2. Some of it was like "whatever buddy, you're stupid." But the last remark was the final straw. He made some predictions for this year in pop music. One was: U2 and R.E.M. will get old. (Wait... Haven't they already?) Shut up buddy. He's probably in his mid 30s anyway. And how could he vote for and show all the love to Bob Dylan (not that he doesn't deserve the love he's getting) when he's WAY older than U2. Looks like someone has an inferiority complex.
wink.gif

------------------
*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

flibbertigibbet

The Edge, it's a direct object.

"I'm forgetful. But above all, I'm lazy."

bob dylan, when he sings,sounds like something had savagely attacked his groin area.

bono has soul and he can sing
wink.gif

------------------

id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Originally posted by madamc:
bob dylan, when he sings,sounds like something had savagely attacked his groin area.

icon37.gif

[although i must admit i do like a few of his tunes]
......U2 all the way, baby!
biggrin.gif

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

[Thanks M.P.]

I think this one belongs in the category of SHUT THE FUCK UP, don't you? I normally don't take Bono critics very seriously but this is too much. If this was actually printed in Rolling Stone, I don't think I'll be spending my money on that publication in the future. Read on:

February 16, 2002
Condensed from Rolling Stone:

SCUMBAG OF THE YEAR
Karl Rove
It was neck-and-neck between this guy and Bono, but in the end, even the Despicable Dublin Dwarf pales before the presidential puppeteer. So far, he's buried coverage of the Recount, the Enron debacle, and a
fucked-beyond-belief economic "stimulus" package. September 11th worked out pretty damn good for the "President," don'tcha think?

BANALITY OF EVIL AWARD
Bono
This one really ought to be named after the little prick. See, what you people can't seem to fathom is that U2 spent the last half of the Nineties wallowing in artistic
and commercial relevance. They didn't "get back to rock" because of passion. They
"applied for the job" of BBITW because that's what it is to them -- a job. The kids wanna rock, they said, so we'll ditch this techno stuff (which was an equally desperate
aesthetic choice, the first time their experimentation felt motivated by external rather than internal forces). The only bands that matter are on TRL, so we'll pander to that. Clear Channel is gonna give us the most money and that will help us get more radio play, so we'll cast our lot with them, and we'll have $45 general admission seats so nobody notices we're charging $130 for the good ones. We don't care about Bono's
attempts to "change the system from within" -- it still doesn't justify lending someone
like Jesse Helms credibility, or pandering to the same corporate fuckers responsible
for world debt by showing at the Super Bowl. It's a long way from "New Year's Day" to
"Beautiful Day," that's for fucking sure.

We've got no trouble with Edge, Larry and Adam, though. They're cool.

Uh oh, internal conflict is a-brewin'! I can't stand Rolling Stone, they are absolute hipocrates. Remember who they have had on their cover like 1001 times?! Yea, U2, especially Bono. However, I can't help but be like, "yep, got them there" with the playing at the Superbowl thing. Big business central. However, I see why they did the Superbowl (who wouldn't) and I'd say that the corporate-ness was just a tack on. Meh, everybody may have their opinions.

------------------

flibbertigibbet

The Edge, it's a direct object.

"I'm forgetful. But above all, I'm lazy."

I read that article too, pretty lame. It sounds like all these guys do is sit around drinking beer and laughing at fart jokes. I wouldn't take it too seriously. They are just some lucky (-er, well connected) slobs that get paid to spew their ignorance.

------------------
Daisy :)

She's standing at the station with her face pressed up against the glass.

"Jon, why can't you do what Bono says"--The Daily Show

hypocrisy and the music biz go hand in hand. bono was never well liked in the media, i remember reading articles in music magazines back during the zooropa days, the "hot or not" list, and bono topping the NOT list, and edge topping the HOT list.

like madonna once said, any kind of media coverage, good or bad, is good. (something like that!)

------------------

Um, madamc, could adam still perform for you if he were frowning?
smile.gif
I loooooove your signature!

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

You're a victim of your parents.

Judoooooooo Chop!

Blargh! At this point of his life I believe that Bono and the lads dont give a damn about what media says or does. So thats why I no longer care about that. I prefer to ignore those comments. The most important thing for me is that I love them no matter what
smile.gif

That guy must know a lot about the Banality of Evil himself.... I wonder if HE'S gotten the award before

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by Lilly:
Um, madamc, could adam still perform for you if he were frowning?
smile.gif
I loooooove your signature!

OF COURSE!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
and thanks for the compliment
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by madamc (edited 02-17-2002).]

Bwahahahahah! Spew their ignorance! What a relevant phrase for them.

------------------

flibbertigibbet

You're a victim of your parents.

Well, I didn't go read the article because...why should I bother? "know-it-alls" like this guy get me so mad (esp. when i know i can't hurt them!) with their half ass comments they make - like do some research before you open your fat mouth you freakin' tool...AT LEAST HAVE A CLUE!! So, I would just as soon not put myself through that.

Anyway, I totally love Bob Dylan too. I was raised on Dylan...and as long as either U2 or Dylan win album of the year; I'll be happy.

------------------
To all accusations of being pretentious; guilty, your honor..."

Back
Top Bottom