He doesn't understand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
My brother, yelled at me yesterday cause, I told him I aws gettin a cd and he asked what cd, and I said Zooropa. And he started freakin out and tellin me that it's stupid I'm spendin money on their shitty music and there's no point in buying all their albums if I have theit greatest hits albums and he just went on an on about it and then...:sad: he hoped they would die :(.
I know I've posted somethin about him sayin that a while back. But he said it again :scream: I don't think he knows how bad it hurts me when he says crap like that.
Then, my dad agreed with him that I don't need to buy all the U2 "crap" and god it went on and on and on. Oh it was horrible.
And, when I liked The Who like this, they would buy me anything of them... maybe they have somethin against U2 :shrug: It's just annoying :slant:

Who4life, from what I've read in many different posts by you, your family sucks :down: :sad: They really piss me off. I know you will be happier once you are out on your own in a few years.:hug:

What on earth is your brother's problem? Why should he care what you spend your money on? Starsgoblue is right, he needs to show more respect for your interests, even if it's something he personally doesn't like. He sounds really immature, (and sorry, but so does your dad). Don't let them get to you. Stay calm and act as if it doesn't bother you. I know that's hard, but he won't keep it up if he doesn't get a reaction from you. He's really yanking your chain. Stand firm, and be the mature one in the family who can rise above it all.:up: :heart: :hug:

My bro IS immiture... and he's 24... kinda wierd huh? Well, he used to like U2 untill he found out I did :( I guess when I start likin things, my family just starts to hate them or somethin. Well, my dad doesn't HATE U2, he just thinks I should calm down a bit about then, in which case... I CAN'T :D.

peewy, sounds like some people have issues. men just cant stand looking at sexy men like our boys and knowing that so many women prefer them! anyway, i got razzed for a while because of my obsession but eventually people just kinda accepted it as a part of me and joked more about it than teased me. maybe you should insult your brother about something as close to him as U2 is to you..... like his face:mad:

You're brother is 24?!! That's astounding. Whenever you've written about him, I've pictured someone around 14. You're already obviously way more grown up than he is. Just look at your taste in music.
By the way, did you buy Zooropa? It's so great!

I agree with what the others are saying--it's your money, it's your life, it's who means something very positive in your life, etc, etc. I wouldn't take crud like that from my family, and they know it. None of them like U2, but they never pick on me for loving them. If they did, quite frankly I would tell them to go to hell. But fortunately this scenario isn't going to happen. Heck, my parents even helped me financially when I went to Atlanta to the Elevation shows.

biff said:
You're brother is 24?!! That's astounding. Whenever you've written about him, I've pictured someone around 14. You're already obviously way more grown up than he is. Just look at your taste in music.
By the way, did you buy Zooropa? It's so great!

I went to go get it but when I went to grab it, it was there :mad: My dad made me wait too fricken long! I almost cried too, when we were in the car he was said "I'm sorry Lindsay, I really am, but we didnt have the money" and sounded all nice and crap, and then I'm said "OK!" and tears came almost flowin out :sad:

I didn't get it :sad: Thats why I almost started cryin. Yea I need lots of their cds... cause all the ones i have are burned lol, so they arent the actual cd lol.

I dislike your brother. Your dad is not on my good side either. Do you think there's any possibility that your brother is just "kidding"? Why don't you ask him to stop with this stuff, that you don't like it and that it hurts you? Tell him that if he really cares for you then he should stop. Don't mind what they say, is what you think that matters in this particular case. They are being extremely immature and rude. Tell your dad to RESPECT you and what you like. You deserve that much. And tell your mom to do something about it too. I'm sure in the future you'll have all U2's CDS and DVDS. ;)

:hug: :hug:

My brother isn't kidding about anything, it's not the first time he's done it :| I would diss things that are as close to him as U2 is to me, but guys, I can't, it's not the way I am.

:hug: Sorry to hear about all this. I'm lucky that most of my family tolerates U2 and my, interest (okay, maybe more like a slight obsession) in U2. However, my stepdad got really pissed at me (and he dislikes U2 to begin with) and he broke every single one of my CDs and my VHSs. He also tore up a couple of my U2 books. It's been a few years ago, and I still can't believe that someone could behave like that. It took me years to replace all that stuff. Some of it, I never did manage to get back (like magazines, a couple of boots, etc.)

In my case, it wasn't so much his dislike for U2 as it was him wanting to get at me and he knew that's where he could do the most damage. I don't know what to say that will make you feel better, but just know you're not the only one who has this kind of problem.

Personally, I just tried to ignore it, but it can be hard to do. Try your best not to let it get to you. It is your life, and you can listen to whomever the hell you want.

ylimeU2 said:
:hug: Sorry to hear about all this. I'm lucky that most of my family tolerates U2 and my, interest (okay, maybe more like a slight obsession) in U2. However, my stepdad got really pissed at me (and he dislikes U2 to begin with) and he broke every single one of my CDs and my VHSs. He also tore up a couple of my U2 books. It's been a few years ago, and I still can't believe that someone could behave like that. It took me years to replace all that stuff. Some of it, I never did manage to get back (like magazines, a couple of boots, etc.)

wow, i'd destroy my step-father with my bare hands(if i had one) if he did something like that to me. What an idiot. But now with the help of internet you can get back your boots and videos but sucks for the other things. I just keep all my u2 stuff in my room and i always make backups of my boots and videos , it's the only way.

ylimeU2 said:

:shocked:

:yikes:

:(

Oh my God, that's so horrible!!! I can't believe someone would do that, that's so wrong. So mean. I'm so sorry. Did he ever apologize? Like jvferrandiz if some one did this to me (whoever it is) man that would be it for me! I hope that never happens to you again! :hug:

I don't talk to my stepdad anymore. And, no he never apoligized. Does he sound like the type of person who feels bad about his actions? (Sorry, I try not t get started on him). I'll just leave it at that.

As far as the bootlegs, I didn't even realize what I had at the time; I just thought they were live tapes my dad had picked up somewhere. So, in a sense, those are completely irreplaceable.

My dad didn't make them or anything. I don't know where he got them, but yeah, he got them for me somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom