dream out loud pt 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
"Isn't life good for us right now" Bono remarked taking a long draw from his cigarette, and lazily blowing out the smoke into the air near Rosie who proceeded to hurriedly wave it away in an attempt avoid having to inhale it into her lungs, not that Bono seem to care as he continued with a look of smug satisfaction "Our new single went straight into number one here and in America, the new album is getting rave reviews, and now here we all are sitting celebrating Edge's wedding"

Six months had passed from they had returned from America, and life had been as hectic as ever as the band had went about finishing of their next album on schedule, Bono and Rosie's personal relationship with all its problems was put on the backburner, whilist the had concentrated on getting their new album out and spending a lot of time in recording studios between London and Dublin all of them determind this album was going to be even better than their previous one.

In a way Rosie had been glad that finishing their new album had taken priority in her life, it was a lot less complicated than figuring out exactly where she stood in Bono's life, at least when she was singing with him helping him with lyrics having discussions with their producers, she knew the outcome would be good as they both strived for the same goal, her personal feelings for him sent her mind into all sorts of turmoil and conflict she could happily do without.

Inbetween all that though love blossomed for Edge and Larry was also settling into a steady relationship, when Edge mentioned he was getting engaged and planning to get married after the release of the new album, Bono seem to find it a great source of amusment and mockery, as he thought settling down to married life was a fool's game, something he wasn't going to do in a hurry. Despite this Edge asked him to be best man and he accepted.
The fourthcoming nuptuials had given them, espicially Edge an added incentive to get the album finished on time
They had managed it just two days before schedule, feeling pleased and satisfied with the end product, they then had a small party to celebrate, which had also turned out to be a belated engagment party for Edge as well.

Next there had been mad rush to get their first single out making a video for it and promoting it like mad in the UK at first then other parts of Europe, Rosie promised herself that she was going to give herself a months break once the album was released and Edge's wedding was over, she would need a few weeks to recoop before they started of on their next tour.

Up until now she had been running on adrenalin and sheer will power, but it was starting to catch up with her, there was the temptation of pills and drugs to keep her going.. but so far she had resisted them, knowing once they got control of her there would be no turning back.. and something she always prided herself on was her sense of self control, to have to take a pill or stimulant to keep her going was a sign of weakness to her and she refused to go down that road.

The wedding had been a quiet private affair with only close friends and family attending in a small church in Dublin Bono had just finished his best man speech which had included a lot of wisecracks about marriage being like a prison sentence which had Rosie rolling her eyes at him thinking it was just typical of Bono, he thought people making a commitment to each other was a big joke.

But apart from that the wedding reception went well with every one enjoying themselves, Bono flirted with the bridesmaids, and the got really drunk that Rosie, who had lately had become a complete tee totaller found herself taking on the responsibilties of his chauffeur, and driving him him to home in the early hours of the morning in her car.

He sat next to her in the passenger seat, slouched back his eyes closed mumbling some incoherent lyrics he was thinking for a future song
"I bet you won't remember that in the morning" Rosie grinned "Shame too, might have been our next number one" she mused

"We are number one Rosie" Bono replied his voice slurred and lifting his head and opening his eyes to peer at her "Sssstraight into number one tooo"

"Yes, I am aware of that" Rosie replied "Even before you told me like thirty times tonight already"

"D'ya want me to make it thirtyone?" Bono asked

"Nah really thirty is fine" Rosie hurriedly assured him and was glad they had reached his place.

He just about got out of the car, but she had to help him into the house, and see him safe up the stairs to his bedroom, the state he was in he would have more likely fallen down the stairs if he was on his own.

She got him sitting on his bed and helped him remove his shoes, "Right thats you sorted, just sleep it of and you will be as right as rain in the morning" she told him, "I am going back to the hotel now to my room , so I will phone you tomorrow afternoon" she informed him.
"What you wanna go back to the hotel for?" Bono asked in bewilderment

"Because that is where I am staying tonight, remember Edge booked the rooms for guest when he booked the reception, unlike you lot I haven't chosen to have a place of my own in Dublin" Rosie informed him

"That's cos you always stay here" Bono pointed out, then grabbed her arm, "Forget about the hotel, stay here with me, you don't want to be having to drive away back at this hour of the morning, when you can snuggle into me", he patted the bedspace next to him "Plenty of room, here for the both of us"

The offer was tempting, Rosie was feeling really weary, helping Bono up the stairs had taken the last of her energy and didnt relish the thought of the drive back to the hotel.. but she had no intentions of presuming that she could just sleep in Bono's bed, even if they had shared it quite a few times before.. she didn't want him to think she was moving in on his space and privacy.

"Well when you put it like that, I guess it would be much easier for me to stay here for the night" she agreed

"Atta girl" Bono exclaimed gleefully pulling her down next to him and she laughed.

The only thing that happened between them was a chaste kiss Bono give her on the forehead as she lay next to him and he pulled her into his arms, they were still both fully clothed with the exception of their shoes, Bono was too drunk and Rosie was too tired, and before they knew it they were fast asleep arms and legs entwined around each other, the last thing she remembered before drifting of was snuggling close to the warmth of Bono's chest was hearing him murmer "You're my sweet Rosie" which almost sounded tender to her ears but she told herself it was more likely due to the drink.

be aware that Bono is not going to be very nice at all in the next few chapters.. but bear with me its all going to get right by the end:wink:

Back
Top Bottom