do you think we U2 fans are spoilt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
I was just thinking on how many videos and DVD releases there are of U2 concerts.. and I was just wondering is there any other band that cater's for their fans in this way.. is there many other artists who release Video's and dvds of almost all their tours or concerts like U2 have done.. I am feeling quite spoilt actually with all the concerts I have Pop.. rattle and him zooropa Elevation and even their U2 go home concert:drool: :wink:

I guess it beniefits us all they get the money and marketing and we get to listen to lots and lots of U2 live.. its very sweet:D

Yep I think we are spoiled in more ways then one... Regardles of what money comes out of it U2 are just really great to the fans..

hi!!
i do think we are spoilt... but i know another band that release DVDs (or in their time VHS...) of their concerts: Indochine, they are French and they are just great!!!!!!!

I agree completely that we U2 fans are spoilt...but at the same time, we're also fiercely loyal to them. I think it's wonderful that even after 27 (?) years of performing, U2 still has a very unique & special bond with their fans!
*hugs U2...molests Adam in the process...uh, I mean Edge!*

yeah ...what Edgespet said... we deserve to be spoiled though, I mean who else would buy two copies of Boy just 'cause of the different covers?

Oh did I mention waiting tirelessly for the ZooTV/Popmart DVD?

We are really spoiled considering U2 is probably the greatest and most famous band in the world.

I'm also a HUGE gymnastics fan and when I had more time to be into it, I was as much of a fan of Nadia Comaneci as I am of Bono. We are SO spoiled with Bono pics and appearances! You see a new pic of Nadia every few months at most. Plus Bono is so much more accessible. Nadia has been my gymnastics idol since I was a child and I've never come close to meeting her. I was a huge Bono fan for less than a year when I met him twice. He's WAY easier to find. I'm not sure how he and Nadia stack up in terms of "popularity". Honestly I'd say Nadia is more popular and that if there was a huge poll, her name would be more recognized. I've wanted to meet her for SO long but she's much harder to find..... :banghead:

I could give examples of other artists too, so just let me speak for my Bowie; of one tour of him there are at least 3 or 4 official VHS out there just different nights and so on....and also other tours....or like right now Bowie fans can mix two songs together which will be released and the winner gets a car just for doing the work of a mixing studio.

But who cares. :wink: *smooches the Bono*

I don't know if U2 fans are spoiled! I am into a lot of different types of music, I love a lot of different bands, but I would never buy anything other then albums, so I don't know. U2 is the exception, I have all the DVDs and VHSs, and I don't know how many singles (always worth it for those great b-sides!).

I think that we are spolied in the sense that U2 is such a great band, who really seem to care about their fans, I can't think of anyone else who is like that!

I've always thought how lucky I am that my favourite band is the one with so many albums and videos and tours! And ... of course ... the one with the best people in it! :bono: :edge: :larry: :adam: That's where U2 fans are spoilt ;)

I wouldn't use the word "spoiled", but I do think that sometimes some of us are too possessive with U2 - with their music and with the kindness they have always shown us.

I guess maybe this happens because U2 has been around for over 25 GLORIOUS years, providing us with great and inspiring music as well as with their warm embrace of our Love for them.

But one day U2 will be a memory as Bono, Larry, Adam and the Edge will move on in their lives to pursue other endeavors. It will be VERY IMPORTANT for us to allow them the space to grow and to respect their decision to move on rather than to hold on to them against their will.:yes:

I urge all of us to REALLY try to give U2 all the freedom, encouragement and love that they have given to us over the years so that they can become the BEST that they can be!

This would be the MOST WONDERFUL GIFT that we could ever give them.:love: :up:

Thank you, U2, for ALL that you have given us - let us try to give it back to you!:hug:

I think we are a bit. But how come we av all been waiting for the new album for about a year, they also don't do any touring in Manchester my home town. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom