Camping in the GA line?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't believe you Monica but it doesn't matter. Everyone else does.
frown.gif

Did anyone ever think that once it gets cold the venues might let us come inside and sit around the walls of the lobby? They did that in Minneapolis when the storm hit. Maybe they only put us outside because it was nice warm weather. To be safe, take lots of hot chocolate and cappuchino!
smile.gif

------------------
"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage."

GREAT stuff, gals, thanks ever so!!!
smile.gif

Gypsy, your stuff was great too, but this really disturbed me:

They also don't like laser pointers being aimed at their faces, and I have seen Bono cover his eyes with his arm when he saw some.

WTF are people THINKING that they would even HAVE one of those laser pointers, let alone USE IT ON U2???? I would TACKLE a person if I saw them doing that, that is SO dangerous!!! It could literally blind someone. There is NO excuse.
mad.gif
mad.gif

I am so out of the concert 'thing' that I forget there are always some complete JERKS who get their jollies out of...well, being complete jerks!! I can see this occurring at maybe a Metallica or crazy Limp Bizkit concert or something...but U2??? It's like, the 'cleanest' concert you could attend!!! Sheesh!! Unbelievable, some people.

The 'young pup' thing: This is a GOOD point. I personally think U2, being old themselves (say WHAT???), should offer senior citizen priviledges to us older fans so we won't have to stand all day

Gypsy, them's fightin words!!!
smile.gif
Okay, so maybe we are 'older' by comparison to some other fans but OLD is a four-letter word in my book!
tongue.gif
Esp. when I see those FOUR GORGEOUS 40 YEAR OLD MEN rockin out on stage!!!! *swoon* CAN'T WAIT!!!! (2.5 hours till the announcement!)

Disco

Originally posted by Dreamboat Annie:
Did anyone ever think that once it gets cold the venues might let us come inside and sit around the walls of the lobby? They did that in Minneapolis when the storm hit. Maybe they only put us outside because it was nice warm weather. To be safe, take lots of hot chocolate and cappuchino!
smile.gif

oooh, that would be SO nice! i doubt they let us do that in NYC, though- the MSG staff wouldn't even let GAers sit on the sidewalk when they were in line! (this is no joke- people had to STAND from 7 am until they opened the doors of the Garden!) but there's hope for people in the midwest- LOL!
wink.gif

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
I don't believe you Monica but it doesn't matter. Everyone else does.
frown.gif

rolleyes.gif
, believe what you want Gypsy! To tell you the truth I never even read your damn post. It's just the fact that your so damn paranoid that everything I say it's because of you...
rolleyes.gif
Like I don't have better things to do that to say stuff to "annoy" you. *give a freakin' break* That's why I try to avoid your posts as much as possible!! (Don't even read them sometimes, because of stuff like this) but looks like you can't let things go. So for the 10000th time can you just leave me alone and ignore me?

Anywho....

Originally posted By: Dreamboat Annie

Hey that would be nice. Because the weather will be changing even here in California!
biggrin.gif
But I love the hot chocolate and cappuchino idea!
wink.gif
I will keep that in mind.

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 09-10-2001).]

All very excellent advice!!! I will add to be sure and wear shoes that are comfortable enough to be on your feet all day. ( my god, I sound like my mother!)

I'm sorry Discoteque! I just get so used to U2 and I being called 'old' on this forum and other lists! Did you read the "Old, crusty and soon to be geriatric rockers" thread on EYKIW? It is rougher for the aged to endure standing and waiting all that time,and it would be so cool if we 'longtime'(not old!) could be given priviledges like senior citizens at stores. Just joking of course, but imagine the possibilities! Getting in first, getting to the band before some sweet young thing, partying, and *ahem* more! LOL, I know!

About the laser pointers, yes, they have warnings when you buy them that say do not aim in anyone's eyes! I know people who have fit if someone even uses them around their dog's eyes, yet show after show red and blue laser pointers are shining right on the band member's faces, especially Bono's! I know he wrote "Staring at the Sun" but I'm sure he's not really 'happy to go blind!' I read once where the band asked that no pointers be used, and at Charlotte they announced it before the show. Bono must have given up. When he sees some, he closes his eyes, turns his head, or covers his eyes with his forearm. I saw this several times, it is sad. Truth is, most jerks are so stupid they don't know or care they could be damaging U2's eyes. Some people think there is no difference between the spotlight and a laser pointer, but it's not true. Laser pointers are dangerous to eyes. I wonder how many lame kids are shining them in each other's eyes not knowing any better? I hope this will stop! Be careful of U2's eyes, a blind band doesn't put on much of a show! No, because we care about them!

Disclaimer: I do realize no one on this forum would ever consider shining laser pointers in the band's eyes, so this is not aimed at anyone here. EYKIW, now them we might wonder about!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 09-10-2001).]

Alright here are some things that I will add because I plan on arriving very early:

-A camping bag
-A warm coat
-Old clothing that you don'tmind getting dirty (bring nicer clothing to change into)

Anything else that hasn't been mentioned?

------------------
Sick of sorrow
I'm sick of the pain
I'm sick of hearing
Again and again
That there's gonna be
Peace on Earth

Back
Top Bottom