Bono's new digs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, having these extra places is most likely for he and his family to stay while touring. or so thats what i also heard as well. i think its a great idea!

and being a NYer... that place is cool and i see it all the time! lol. i think.

xtal said:
Does it have inside descriptions?

I've seen the outside of his Dublin home and descriptions of the inside. And the New York home as well. I haven't seen pics of the Nice home or descriptions of the inside.

Could someone please give the description of the inside of his Dublin house and France one too?
Also a picture of his Dublin house after the additions? I don't ask for much do I?:huh:

I read on a celebrity news type site a few weeks ago that Bono has an apartment in Atlanta, Georgia. Maybe it has something to do with MLK? I don't know, maybe it's not even true. I wish I knew where it was.:sad:

I also read that Bono Has 200 million dollars. Maybe that's after this tour.:shrug:

LostAtMoon said:
qmag4.jpg

WOW!!! what a wonderful home!!!:ohmy:

I am so bummed out, was in NY for a weekend a few weeks ago and I STAYED ABOUT TWO BLOCKS FROM THERE but did not know that's where his place was. Probably walked by about 20 times.

I found this on bbc.co.uk website. July 12, 2005.

We've got the short and sweet stats of the big money (earned and spent) by our lush celebs uncovered by the finance fiends from Liquid Assets. Bono is the latest to reveal his figures... which are quite handsome for a strong-minded singer from Dublin.

We reckon Bono can bank on a personal fortune totalling around £108 million - having earned around £26m of it from U2's songs. And that's despite splitting all profits not four, but five ways - with all band members and manager Paul McGuinness.

Because artists in Ireland are exempt from paying tax on royalties or artistic incomes, Bono's saved millions of pounds over the years. The band's royalty rate is believed to be 28% making them one of the highest earning acts in pop history.

Touring has helped increase the tally:

Gigging world-wide in the 90s = £210m
Record sales = £200m
Songwriting royalties = £200m

And the band's still going strong - U2 earned around £5m from performance royalties last year alone.

Bono has made a few investments in property:

Apartment in Atlanta worth £2.5m
20-room house in Ireland worth £2.5m

He co-owns a house in France as well as a hotel in Dublin with The Edge but the hotel has recently reported accumulated losses of £4.5 million. In spite of this, Bono can still claim an overall bricks and mortar wealth of £7 million.

Touring doesn't come cheap for the gang - the stage show is often well worth an evening with U2. But to get there the boys have gotten used to travelling by private jet. To buy this would cost £35m, to rent it would cost £20k a day plus another £3k for every hour it flies.

Watch out for the Liquid Assets financial figures on other celebs here on the website after each programme (David Bowie, P Diddy... find out who's the biggest Daddy of em all!)

biff said:
Sadly, it looks only slightly less impregnable than Mount Doom.

I have a cunning plan. All we'd need is some climbing gear and a willing volunteer. How hard could climbing all that way against a sheer drop of hundreds of feet possibly be? And if by some highly unlikely chance something did go wrong, then hey, as you/other willing volunteer is being loaded into the ambulance Bono might just look out of his apartment window to see what all the commotion is about. Thus giving everyone who was with you/other willing volunteer the opportunity to gaze up in adoration at the B man.

OK. So it might not look so great from YOUR point of view but surely serious injury is a small price to pay to give the rest of us a glimpse of Bono? Look at it that way and this plan has no drawbacks! :wink:

TheQuiet1 said:

I have a cunning plan. All we'd need is some climbing gear and a willing volunteer. How hard could climbing all that way against a sheer drop of hundreds of feet possibly be? And if by some highly unlikely chance something did go wrong, then hey, as you/other willing volunteer is being loaded into the ambulance Bono might just look out of his apartment window to see what all the commotion is about. Thus giving everyone who was with you/other willing volunteer the opportunity to gaze up in adoration at the B man.

Nah, this sounds like the "One If By Land, Two If By Sea" plan that a group of us hatched in theory years ago for invading Larry's house in Howth.:wink: The logistics are all wrong.

Never use mountain climbing gear when there's a doorman, porter or maid to bribe!

Now, why do they keep saying he and Edge co-own the house, I thought Edge owned the house NEXT DOOR -- can anyone clarify, please? And any pix of Edge's place?

And do I take it that all that beachfront at Bono's is PUBLIC beach? If so, I'd rather have a shack with some privacy!

FEELINNUMB said:

Nah, this sounds like the "One If By Land, Two If By Sea" plan that a group of us hatched in theory years ago for invading Larry's house in Howth.:wink: The logistics are all wrong.

Never use mountain climbing gear when there's a doorman, porter or maid to bribe!

Now, why do they keep saying he and Edge co-own the house, I thought Edge owned the house NEXT DOOR -- can anyone clarify, please? And any pix of Edge's place?

And do I take it that all that beachfront at Bono's is PUBLIC beach? If so, I'd rather have a shack with some privacy!

A lot of that info is out of date and incomplete. Yes, Edge and Bono do (did?) co-own that house, but Edge has bought the one next door, and I believe they own a couple of smaller buildings as well, so it's a kind of U2 compound. One of the houses (I'm not sure which) has a main room that is absolutely massive. Remember, they have nine kids between the two of them, so they probably do need the space.

Also, that BBC item does not list a lot of other properties that Bono owns/co-owns. I remember a few years ago, at a now defunct U2 site, seeing a really long list of the pubs in Dublin that Bono owns. It was a lot. Also, he co-owns the Nude restaurants with his brother. There's also a resturant in New York he has a share in. And several houses in Dublin, not just the one.
I think that BBC guesstimate as to his wealth is a low-ball figure.

(And yes, that beach is public. I own a tiny waterfront property, but it's very, very private, and I really prefer that. Of course, it's not in the south of France!:wink: )

biff said:
(And yes, that beach is public. I own a tiny waterfront property, but it's very, very private, and I really prefer that. Of course, it's not in the south of France!:wink: )

Sounds great. I have a pothole in my driveway, and when I rains, I sometimes come home and find a wren swimming in it, but that's as close as I get!:) Still, I wouldn't trade my or your privacy for the Hewson Family Compound -- all that swag isn't worth it if you are going to end up with a bunch of sweethearts standing on the beach, singing "One," at your terrace and crying like Axl!

Although having Edge as a neighbor is an interesting trade off -- he can invade my privacy anytime!!

Well, we all know how not-private that beach is, given the last album watch. I still remember so vividly the recordings of barely heard new songs with an overlay of waves, wind, and Spaniards.
Still, that was so cool.

biff said:

A lot of that info is out of date and incomplete. Yes, Edge and Bono do (did?) co-own that house, but Edge has bought the one next door, and I believe they own a couple of smaller buildings as well, so it's a kind of U2 compound. One of the houses (I'm not sure which) has a main room that is absolutely massive. Remember, they have nine kids between the two of them, so they probably do need the space.

I'm sorry I came to this thread kinda late (just found this through another one)

but you're right biff, the estate is quite big (or better long, along the beach)
In the pic taken from the air (that Lostatmoon posted above) you can only see half the property
:ohmy: you say? Yes it is, I've been there and on the left it expands almost as far as what you see in the pic. and right there (left) there is another house which is yellow but smaller (I think) and it is hidden behind the trees. So you can't really see it well from the beach, but you get a better view when you're in/on the water.
It is from this yellow house that I saw Ali come out with young Eli and John in 2001, when we were there the first time. So I don't know exactly which house belongs to who or if they just chose one when they get there.

I was there last year too and then I saw Ali and the kids around the other (red/pink) house. I cought a glimpse of Bono too :wink:

greety said:

I'm sorry I came to this thread kinda late (just found this through another one)

but you're right biff, the estate is quite big (or better long, along the beach)
In the pic taken from the air (that Lostatmoon posted above) you can only see half the property
:ohmy: you say? Yes it is, I've been there and on the left it expands almost as far as what you see in the pic. and right there (left) there is another house which is yellow but smaller (I think) and it is hidden behind the trees. So you can't really see it well from the beach, but you get a better view when you're in/on the water.
It is from this yellow house that I saw Ali come out with young Eli and John in 2001, when we were there the first time. So I don't know exactly which house belongs to who or if they just chose one when they get there.

I was there last year too and then I saw Ali and the kids around the other (red/pink) house. I cought a glimpse of Bono too :wink:

isn't it a private beach-how come so close?

St tropez is beautiul as regards to scenery,built up land and mountains,hills,e.t.c.. and the weather is ace,but the sand sucks-its all really gritty and stoney and anything decent is taken up by the rich and famous-hotels fill up any decent sand with sun beds for the rich-the rest of us get the dregs!I would never go back for a holiday-far better to go south/west France where the weather is also ace as its near spain,and the sands are like silk...I'd recommend a place called Vias -I think the rich love all the restaurants and boating in St Tropez but the beaches-forget it!!!!

Oh I got all excited this morning..he he he..I was flippen through channels and the Wiggles were on...ugh hate them:madspit: anyway they were doing a song about NYC and they showed Bono's apt like 56 times.......I was excited:hyper: then turned it quick when it was over because the Wiggles are the spawn of the Devil.

Back
Top Bottom