Bono's 'Arm-thing' is driving me crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gluey said:

01londonbooksigning31.jpg

I'm wondering wtf he's doing there since I saw that pic the first time :lol:

^I hate their shoes!!! Even Gavin Friday was wearing a pair of those clunking monstrosities in some other picture. Those kind of shoes would kill my knees and ankles.

U2isthebest said:

Thanks for the advice Liv! I'm not sure when the next tour will be, but I know they like to hit Detroit in the spring and fall most of the time. If they come around October like they did last year I probably will go to Chicago, b/c as you know I go to Western, so it'll actually be quicker. Even if it's summer, and I'm home I'll probably still go to Chicago and just get some vacation time in too. LOL. God Bless!!

Good choice! Trust me, if you're going GA it's WAY more worth it to go the extra miles to Chicago (if you're coming from home). It's the best venue to camp for GA, because there is a grassy area for tenting (all other places I had to tent on cement at busy street corners), there's porta-poties, and you can park on the street just feet away from your tent. We even brought a Coleman stove for making meals.

2morrow, I had seats in Cleveland, but I know bonosloveslave, Miroslava, and I think BEVERLY and Catlady spent considerable time in the GA line so they would have advice.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Good choice! Trust me, if you're going GA it's WAY more worth it to go the extra miles to Chicago (if you're coming from home). It's the best venue to camp for GA, because there is a grassy area for tenting (all other places I had to tent on cement at busy street corners), there's porta-poties, and you can park on the street just feet away from your tent. We even brought a Coleman stove for making meals.

2morrow, I had seats in Cleveland, but I know bonosloveslave, Miroslava, and I think BEVERLY and Catlady spent considerable time in the GA line so they would have advice.

GA. that's the best bet for getting in the heart/ellipse/ or w/e shape U2 happens to be using on the tour right?? God Bless!!

Grrrr i hate looking at u2 pictures and seeing those horrible horrible shoes. They look like geeks in them lol.

When bono wears em on tour they look great cos his pants cover them up well but when you see them clear as day ...:mad: :madspit:

U2isthebest said:

GA. that's the best bet for getting in the heart/ellipse/ or w/e shape U2 happens to be using on the tour right?? God Bless!!

Yep, it's really the ONLY bet, unless you are friends of the band or something. Typically, the first few hundred people in the GA line get into the heart/ellipse/whatever. This tour, they imposed a random lottery and I think everyone was supposed to have a 1/8 chance. A lot of people hated the lottery or tried to cheat, but I didn't mind. I had GA 7 times and got in 3 times (2 times scanned in, 1 time was at the back of the floor b/c I came late and a security person gave us extra wristbands for the ellipse), so the odds worked in my favor. Even so, the rail outside of the heart/ellipse/whatever can be just as good of a spot!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Yep, it's really the ONLY bet, unless you are friends of the band or something. Typically, the first few hundred people in the GA line get into the heart/ellipse/whatever. This tour, they imposed a random lottery and I think everyone was supposed to have a 1/8 chance. A lot of people hated the lottery or tried to cheat, but I didn't mind. I had GA 7 times and got in 3 times (2 times scanned in, 1 time was at the back of the floor b/c I came late and a security person gave us extra wristbands for the ellipse), so the odds worked in my favor. Even so, the rail outside of the heart/ellipse/whatever can be just as good of a spot!

Thanks for the info!! How are the prices there?? God Bless!!

OMG funniest thing happened....I just took my 3yr old son to kindergarten....I am wearing a jacket....walking along and it suddenly clicked - I was doing a Bono! Holding my arm across my front, hanging on to my jacket to keep it sitting straight, and not blow open as I walked along!! It's a very subconscious thing to do - I bet he doesn't even realise he's doing it most of the time!

gluey said:
OMG funniest thing happened....I just took my 3yr old son to kindergarten....I am wearing a jacket....walking along and it suddenly clicked - I was doing a Bono! Holding my arm across my front, hanging on to my jacket to keep it sitting straight, and not blow open as I walked along!! It's a very subconscious thing to do - I bet he doesn't even realise he's doing it most of the time!

I do that all the time too, for me it hides a multitude of sins. :wink:

I subconciously do the jacket thing, too! Maybe we should start a club...:shifty: Having Bono-sleeves is a requirement to join! Extra points if you wear those dorky tall shoes. :wink:

hmm this could be dangerous.....I'm halfway there.....long sleeves, jacket thing......just gotta do the thick heels and I'm bonofied....

go for it,I keep wanting my Bro to look like Bono but he refuses,and I love leather jackets I had to get one,I buy lemonade a lot and I love black shoes,and I try to name my pets Bono ,so I`m almost there too:evil: :angel:

Last edited:
I was *so* having a Bono day once...My hair was messy, I was wearing a worn out hoodie w/ Bono sleeves, topped off with my ONE wristband. My head was filled with world-changing thoughts, if that helps! My jeans and shoes were a little on the Edge side, tho.:hmm: Hehe...I love describing my outfits as U2-ish. I once had a pair of green pants that Adam *so* would have worn during Popmart.

I might have that "Bono thing" too....

I usually put one on my hands on my belly, unconsciously.... and I think that's because I want somehow to hide my tummy .... And with a jacket on my hands I do exactly the same.... :rolleyes:

maybe he's ashamed of his tummy too.... :D

he also pinches his underchin-neckmeat, which apparently is a nervousness tell indicating hes thinking hes getting fat, i think ive seen him do both the underchin and the armshield in very close proximity, so thats a thought

^ the 'arm shield' - love that phrase!
I think a lot of the poses Bono does are strategically planned to emphasize his hotness (!) and down play whatever he's subconscious of at the moment.

(hanging in Cleveland too! Can't believe it's been almost a year since the December concert!

:wave:

2orangecats said:

(hanging in Cleveland too! Can't believe it's been almost a year since the December concert!

:wave:

:wave:Yay, more NE Ohio fans. Judging by the tour discussion threads, it sounds like you peeps had way too much fun @ the Cleveland show!!! Good pics, too. I wanted to go so bad. :sad::yes:

Last edited:
Hopefully not to far away fromnow you'll be able to go too!! Cleveland is a great place to see them. Although waiting outside in December wasn't fun.

We were in the ellipse -- so amazing!! - First time being so close to the group woo-hoo!!

^I have this dream of my freind and me being pulled up to play a killer acoustic + piano version of OOTS or SATS :rockon:. It will totally happen. In my head, anyways!:wink:

Hi,
I've never posted before, but I wanted to add my two cents about the Bono arm thing. It seems to me that in the two performances we've seen lately, Superdome and Oprah that his movements seem unnatural and not quite Bono.

Welcome dragonfly-wolfe!

I wonder if his back is still giving trouble.....I think the "arm shield" is part of who he is now, but there could be other stuff going on physically with those performances.....guess we'll never know....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom