Bono vs Bill O'Reilly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scarletwine

New Yorker
Bono was just on and looked MARVELOUS.

Red hair sorta parted down the center. He only seemed to lose his temper once and just covered his mouth. Great shirt.

It will be replayed at 11:00 eastern time, actually it started about 15 after. Bill even was a little respectful.

I thought he looked wonderful - his composure and grasp of the subject made him even more attractive(smart - totally sexy). The hair is darker and the outfit rocked - not to mention when he popped his shirt open a tad bit to retrive his rosary - totally fell just a bit more in love with the man tonight - if that is possible :drool:
yes, bill seemed a shade respectful to Bono at the end - as much respect as that man could muster

I thought Bono was great. He looked wonderful. Seeing him tonight makes the waiting for the new album even worse.

Scarletwine said:
It will be replayed at 11:00 eastern time, actually it started about 15 after. Bill even was a little respectful.

The replay will be 1 am est due to the convention. Since I messed up taping at 8, I'll have to watch it in the morning.

Now that I'm not posting in the general sections and I can be a GIRL again... LOL

Ahhh.... *channels inner 16-year-old fangirl*

What a gorgeous man.

More specifics on the hair: in a word, LOVELY. Actually I had a hard time taking my eyes off it.

I have to admit that in the past couple of weeks I'd seen some photos of his hair brushed straight back from his forehead which made it look a bit thinning and not terribly enhancing.

Tonight's coiffure looked a bit trimmed up in the back, adding some body, and with a tad more height above the forehead. The shade was a gorgeous auburn.

And I'm loving the fawn-colored shades.

God bless that idiot O'Reilly for at least inquiring about the rosary, which led to the pulling open of the shirt... *big grin springs from fangirl upon that sight*

But to end this up on a short serious note... nothing the man was wearing or sporting could match the beauty of his heart and his spirit. What a truly beautiful person.

PopDaisy

:drool: :bono: :heart:

r1450161754.jpg

Looking marvelous <indeed>

I think Bill O'Reilly has been bitten by the Bono bug :laugh: Ole Bill was not to annoying tonight, however I did notice red blotches on Bono's neck after Bill had said something about Bob Geldorph! Yes! O'Reilly mispronounced Sir Bob's name. Um., thats when I noticed the red <I think> Bono really held his ground imo,,Two thumbs up for Bono against the Factor!

So anyhoo, Bill O'Reilly ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He now joins Oprah :lmao: Talk show hosts bitten by the Bono love bug .

:heart:

partygirl2u said:
Bob Geldorph! Yes! O'Reilly mispronounced Sir Bob's name.
I thought I misheard that. :rolleyes: Nice. /sarcasm

:applaud: Thanks for the picture, Kelly! :D

There's a transcript and a video of the interview on Fox News website
:drool:

:mad: I can't paste the link because I haven't made 15 posts here yet... sorry but I'm sure you'll find it :|

:sad: Darn! !! I missed it! thank u kelly for the pics! Hafta get over to Fox web site to see what I missed!! I just knew Bono could handle him! hee..:wink:

i am unable to watch this, whats the special thing about his shirt, someone please tell me [/B]

Lol, he unbottoned it because O'Reily asked him if he was wearing a rosary underneath. I laughed at the time because I imagined 1000's of PLEBAns nationwide squealing.

Heres a link to a transcript of the interview: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131198,00.html

Trying to find a video...we'll see

Wauh - what an interview! :D

I must say though, Bill O'Reilly - :tsk: I don't like tv-hosts with that kind of nasty attitude. It's okay to have different oppinions about things, but... :tsk: I'm glad he turned a little around towards the end though - it must have been the "Bono bug"! :lol:

As for Bono's preformance - :bow: and :applaud:!!! He said the right things - let's hope the words gets out to people and into their minds and hearts :heart:

"...God must have a great sense of humor to have me on board..."

:yes:

I must say, as any FYM person here can tell, Im a GOP person and a big fan of Hannity & Co. as they make the most sense. And that makes me a fan of Billy ...cuz of the man's views..which are a bit extreme, but what can u do. However.....

Bono did f'ing great tonight. He stood his ground even when I thought Bill was cutting him off. He spoke eloquently and sincerely. Even when Bill tried to put Bono off the track, he came right back..harder than ever. He knows in his heart he is doing the right thing and that ROCKS. When I get into 'little' fights with anyine here over politics, this is what makes me remember why I come here and the good times. F'ing U2 rocks and with a little over a month to go before the album....LET US ALL REJOICE AND PREPARE FOR THE ALBUM AND TOUR...HELL YEAH!!!

odowdpa said:
Bono did f'ing great tonight. He stood his ground even when I thought Bill was cutting him off. He spoke eloquently and sincerely. Even when Bill tried to put Bono off the track, he came right back..harder than ever. He knows in his heart he is doing the right thing and that ROCKS.

Amen!

odowdpa said:
F'ing U2 rocks and with a little over a month to go before the album....LET US ALL REJOICE AND PREPARE FOR THE ALBUM AND TOUR...HELL YEAH!!!

:yes: :hyper:

I was out and had to tape it, but now that I know he unbuttoned his shirt, I have to watch it ASAP :wink:

I'm a Democrat and I watch O'Reilly-for me watching only people I agree with is very boring..

But I am so glad I missed Cheney :D

Did Bono show up at all in the audience of the convention?

I caught Bono by accident, had no idea that he was going to be on. But I believe that he did make a dent in Bill O'Reilly's head. I think they both had very valid points, Bono saying that if the US steps up that it would make us look good again, and Bill saying that we don't want to invest time, money and effort into a cause that won't make us richer somehow. I still love Bono, glad I'm not the only one who noticed the red hair, but I think I've turned too cynical to share his views. It seems simple enough to me to treat the AIDS epidemic in Africa, but I will stubbornly feel that our government won't make any effort towards anything unless there is some kind of monetary gain from it.......At least as long as George W. is around.
I think I need to pack my bags and head for Canada, no?

mortiere said:
It seems simple enough to me to treat the AIDS epidemic in Africa

Simple?! :confused:

Putting a lot of money in "The Global Fund" won't do the job alone - of course we need the money, I'm not saying we don't need it - but IMHO there is a problem much bigger than how to get money: Access to drugs and treatment.

In Africa the antiretroviral therapy coverage for adults is less than 5%! We have the money and we have the drugs (that, by now, cost close to nothing) but still, 6500 Africans are dying every single day - Why? The problem is getting the drugs out to the people who needs them and get them into threatment - and that is not simple!

Last edited:
Here is the link to check out The Global Fund for yourselves to learn more about it: http://www.theglobalfund.org

One of the reasons Bono is such a BIG SUPPORTER of The Global Fund is because it DOES fund grassroots programs in developing countries to help people get ACCESS to drugs and treatment.

In fact, one of the main reasons that DATA and Bono worked with the Bush administration to develope the Millenium Challenge Account (MCA) and Pres. Bush'as Global AIDS program is because of their resistance to putting more money into The Global Fund to fight the AIDS pandemic! :ohmy:

So, the best thing that the USA can do to truly help alleviate the AIDS pandemic, especially in Africa, is to put MORE MONEY INTO THE GLOBAL FUND !:hug:

BONO IS SIMPLY THE BEST....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Jamila said:
So, the best thing that the USA can do to truly help alleviate the AIDS pandemic, especially in Africa, is to put MORE MONEY INTO THE GLOBAL FUND !:hug:

I agree with you on that! "The Global Fund" is indeed very important and need as many money as it can possibly get - no doubt about that! :yes:

I guess, what I was trying to say with my last post was that - we (our governmets) can't just throw alot of money in the general direction of Africa and then turn our backs on the continent and say: "Oh well, we gave alot of money - Now the problem must be solved!".
It's going to take more than money, more than grassroot- and NGO-programs (all of them doing great jobs we can't do without - no doubt!) to solve the many problems surrounding access to drugs, treatment and continuous monitoring of patients, but soleving these problems isn't simple, because so many things interacts with one another.

I believe it was the word "simple" that confused me and made me reply - if there was a simple way to treat the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Africa we would have done it many years ago - No one wants us to be known as "Europe and USA - the two super powers that killed the continent Africa!"...

Jamila - It's nice to talk to you about these things! You seem very involved in these subjects - whatever you're working with, keep up the good work! :up: :hug:

Jamila said:
BONO IS SIMPLY THE BEST....

Amen to that!

I'm so glad to hear him say he's nonpartisan :up: and to be such a good voice for his cause! :up: Go Bono! :applaud: Good job!

and looking good, love the long hair! :love:

Back
Top Bottom