Bono in San Francisco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenklr

Babyface
I saw a picture on flickr of Bono at the San Francisco Zoo on May 2, 2006.

I am new & NOT computer savy. I don't know how to post pictures or links, (sorry)!

There were 2 black swans unveiled at the Zoo that day and a party put on by the Black Swan Wine Vinyard.

Does anyone know anything about this? It seems like it was way under the radar? Kind of late now, but I wonder . . .will he be back in California??

by the way, i gotta say the man travels one heck of a lot - sydney after the tour, then home to dublin, then france, then the us - washington dc, michigan, california. wow! how does he cope with jet lag and flight exhaustion, i wonder? :ohmy:

yes, dallas included! i wonder how many air miles he has and what he does with the frequent flyer freebies? :p

Babydoll said:
by the way, i gotta say the man travels one heck of a lot - sydney after the tour, then home to dublin, then france, then the us - washington dc, michigan, california. wow! how does he cope with jet lag and flight exhaustion, i wonder? :ohmy:

to quote Bono himself: "im like a camel......i store sleep in my hump"

:giggle:

or something to that affect :reject:

yeah, lol. but long flights are exhausting. i wonder if he travels by private jet or by regular international flights? :hmm:

Babydoll said:
yeah, lol. but long flights are exhausting. i wonder if he travels by private jet or by regular international flights? :hmm:

Without a doubt in my mind private jet.

My uncle flies Dreamworks and Paramount execs all over the world and has all kinds of stories about things that go on and people he has jet-setted all over the world, some for the STUPIDEST and LAMEST of reasons. He is sickened at the amount of money the rich and famous will not blink an eye at spending to fly a wife or personal assistant to Europe to pick up special ordered wallpaper, or to whisk a jet full of kids to a birthday tea in NY.....:ohmy: Private jets are about $5,000 per hour and with the price of fuel presently, I am sure there is also a hefty fuel surcharge tacked on.

Carek1230 said:

Without a doubt in my mind private jet.

My uncle flies Dreamworks and Paramount execs all over the world and has all kinds of stories about things that go on and people he has jet-setted all over the world, some for the STUPIDEST and LAMEST of reasons. He is sickened at the amount of money the rich and famous will not blink an eye at spending to fly a wife or personal assistant to Europe to pick up special ordered wallpaper, or to whisk a jet full of kids to a birthday tea in NY.....:ohmy: Private jets are about $5,000 per hour and with the price of fuel presently, I am sure there is also a hefty fuel surcharge tacked on.

No kidding. My family has never traveled on a plane, heck, we've never traveled. My dad has this new job where he works out of our basement because the company is based in another state. They fly him over and back just for an hour long sales meeting. :huh:

I saw this article in the SF Chronicle from Monday about why Bono was in San Francisco:

"As to why Bono was in the Bay Area last week: He is part of a private equity firm, Elevation Partners, with venture capitalist Roger McNamee, who was the honoree at a surprise 50th birthday party at the San Francisco Zoo. One of McNamee's passions is playing guitar and singing lead vocals with the Flying Other Brothers, and at one point, Bono sat in with them on a song that Bono co-wrote with McNamee's wife, Ann McNamee. I'm told the song brought tears to the eyes of the honoree and most guests. "

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/05/08/DDGKAIHDSL1.DTL&hw=bono&sn=002&sc=816

I understand from a friend that works at Gap corporate in San Francisco that he was also in town for some meetings there regarding the Red campaign. He is definitely a busy guy!

Back
Top Bottom