Bono Girls-Assignment #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
I have found this crazy site, called Boyfriend of the week. Where a Young Woman picks a celebrity every week, and does a write up on why they would make a good boyfriend. http://www.drizzle.com/~knuckles/ Unfortunatly, there are four missing men... You guessed it, the members of U2. Since I think that Bono would make the best boyfriend in the world, and I am sure that many of you agree with me, let's start a letter writing campaign. Look around at the site, and get an idea of what it is about, and email the site creator Meg suggestion@megwood.com and let her know why you think that Bono would make a good boyfriend!!! I am going to include pictures too so that she can see what a total hottie our boy is......

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

I'm there!!!!! Great idea doppelganger!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Woah, woah...
She's the refugee.
I see your face
I see you staring back at me

The flooding has begun. This is my message

I have been a fan of your site for a while now, and am totally impressed with many of your selections. Especially Guy Pearce, who is finally now being recognized in America.

I did notice though one very obvious ommision. You don't have Bono, the lead singer of the band U2. He definatly deserves a run as a weekly boyfriend. In case you don't know too much about him, I will help you out with the background info.

-He has been married to his high school sweetheart for over 20 years.
-He is the father of four beautiful kids, two sons, and two daughters.
-He has been part of a rock band for 25 years, not only that, but the four members, who met in high school, have remained best friends for that entire time.
-Visited Ethiopia for 6 months in the late 80's with his wife to do relief work.
-Is the Chairperson for the Artists Against Aids foundation, and put together the song "What's going on?" with younger artists. All the money went to Aids research.
-Is the Chairperson for the Drop the Debt foundation, and has met with President George W. Bush many times in regards to this. Due to Bono's persistance, Bush has recently set aside 5 million dollars for developing countries.
-Is currently in Africa with various politicians, helping to determine what developed countries can do to help.
-In the last year, U2 has had a complete resurgence. Spin magazine has named them 'Band of the Year', and they were nominated for a record 8 Grammy nominations, bringing home 4. They played the Superbowl, Tribute to New York, David Letterman, and Jay Leno. The Elevation tour was the top grossing tour of 2001.
-Bono is a member of Amnesty International, and Greenpeace. Not only that, but he motivates his fans to get involved as well.
-He has written incredible songs and melodies that speak to many different generations. Sunday Bloody Sunday, for example, is as relevant today, as it was when it was written in 1983.
-Despite being one of the biggest celebrities in the world. Bono has managed to remain connected to his fans. Not only does he stop before and after almost every show to sign autographs and pose of pictures with fans, he is known for pulling a girl out of the audience to dance, or pulling a young man up on stage to play guitar.

If you still aren't convinced, I hope that the included pictures will help, because not only is Bono a caring, sensitive, worldly, intelligent, spiritual person... He is also the sexiest man alive!!

Thanks,
Kelly (aka: Spinny)

I also included pics. A few hot JT pics, and some sexy fly photo's, not to mention some incredible Elevation shots!! Thanks for your support girls. She won't know what hit her!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 04-02-2002).]

LMAO!!!!!!!! OMD No way I could top Spinny. I'll just send the rugby pic and jet :p ROFL

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono

"For the good of the nation ~ you MUST defile Bono" ~Echo
Get on the Boos

Many have I loved
Many times been bitten
Many times I've gazed
Along the open road.

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Originally posted by WildHonee:
LMAO!!!!!!!! OMD No way I could top Spinny. I'll just send the rugby pic and jet :p ROFL

Don't forget the bathtub pic!!!

!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! no I was kidding I was kidding!!!!!!!!! LMAO

BONO: send it...

I'm writing mine now and will post it when I'm done.

I love yours Spinny, this Meg girl has good taste, there's no way she can say no to us.
smile.gif

Okay, here is mine, I always seem to get long winded when talking about the B-Man:

Dear Meg,

I was given your site, Boyfriend of the Week, by a friend of mine at www.interference.com (specifically PLEBA). We felt it was imperative that you add U2 Lead singer Bono to your list.

Why he would make a perfect Boyfriend of the week:

1. He's a talented singer/showman/writer. Over the past twenty years his songs have inspired, provoked thought, and provided a soundtrack for millions of people all over the world. Early in his career he was singing about the struggles of his home country (Ireland) as well as the struggles within himself. His lyrics are so elastic and versitle, that you can retrofit them into your own life. As a true poet he exposed his emotional open wounds in, perhaps, a way to help heal them. However, as a fan, his open wounds, helped heal my own, and I am sure I am not the only who feels that way.
Bono, through his lyric, shone a spotlight on things that the rest of the world has forgotten or ignored. In "Sunday, Bloody Sunday," he detailed the 1974 massacre in Derry, Ireland; He gave tribute to Martin Luther King Jr. and his work, in the songs "MLK" and "Pride"; "Red Hill Mining Town," gave a voice to a town, whose main economy was factory based, and the factories were getting shut down, outlining the desolation that faced many blue collar workers in the 80's; He reminded people that HIV and AIDS are still killing thousands of people a day with the song "One." Most recently, we all needed "Walk On," and other songs off of "All That You Can't Leave Behind," to help us heal from the tragedy of 9/11.

2. He is a true Humanitarian. While most celebrities will put their name to a cause as good PR; Bono devotes as much time as he can to the causes he believes in. Bono and his band have risked their own lives numerous times to do what they feel is right; whether it's trudging across a highly radioactive beach to protest the building of a nuclear power plant, or having concerts in war torn countries, Bono has always stuck to his guns and did what he felt was right. Most recently, he has incarnated himself into a policitian in his Drop the Debt, and DATA campaigns. All in an effort to restablize third world economies, so they can afford even just a fraction of what we take for granted everyday. While some may see him as foolhardy or idealisitc, at least he is making an attempt. In the process, he is also reminding people that 2/3 of the African population is infected with HIV/AIDS, and there are not enough resources within the continent to stop it, because they are so indebted to the "First World."

3. At the age of 42, he is still sexy.

He keeps getting better looking as the years go by. It is a type of what I call, "respectable lust," his sexiness is not just in his hansome face, but in his overall persona. His kind nature, intelligence and caring spirit mixed with sparkling blue eyes, sharp jawline, near perfect nose, make him the sexiest man alive today.

That is why you should make him boyfriend of the week.

Thank you,

Daisy

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 04-02-2002).]

Great idea, Spinny! I'll try at some point this afternoon to get to it. I'm not much good today, though, after my hot date with my ex-boyfriend! I seem to have the attention span of a gnat today
biggrin.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

Wow!! Daisy that was awesome!! Good Job. A++++!!

She would be crazy not to pick him soon!!

------------------
***Spinny***

HaHa!! We better hope that she is a mouth girl. I used the purple picture too!!

------------------
***Spinny***

Thumping, or Bumping for people that have been at work/school all day, and are up to the challenge!!

Looks like Meg has had a family emergency and needs to take some time off. That means that we have time to keep flooding her in box....

Get to work girls....Now!! (My real personality comes out....
wink.gif
)

------------------
***Spinny***

You all did great! I sent an email to Meg as well...I have to support our man! it is below...

Hi!
Well, you may have already guessed what this is about, I'm sure you've seen several other requests from the girls who love BONO
biggrin.gif
I am another in a long, long line!

Let me first say, however, that I perused the boyfriend archives and was pleased to see Benicio Del Toro, Jon Stewart, and the incredible and awsome OLIVER PLATT! Ain't he just the greatest!? Gotta love the Platt man...

Alright then, on to Bono...ahhh, Bono...what can I say that probably hasn't been already said a thousand times over...the talent...the charisma...the generosity...the caring...the mouth...the chin - ohhh the chin; he has this little scar on his chin that is oh so Indiana Jonesishly sexy...those eyes - deep blue eyes that never end...that swagger. He's just that damn sexy! But, he's not just another full on scorch cake...oh no...he's got brains too...smarts! He's not the type of celebrity who jumps on the bandwagon of the moment just to get his face seen...he KNOWS his stuff and he gets down and dirty too, he doesn't just write a check and forget about it, the man gets involved!

What more do you need to make Bono boyfriend of the week? He's sexy, he's sensitive, he's smart...and he can sing! I dare say, anyone more perfect could be dangerous...

Originally posted by daisybean:
*Bump*

I'm on a mission to get her to do this.

*Hugs Daisy*

Goodone Iamshazza
biggrin.gif
!!

------------------
***Spinny***

Back
Top Bottom