Bono Fancy Dress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonno

Babyface
I'm going to a party in a week or so and it's a fancy dress party of your favorite famous person.

I've decided I'll go as Bono. The only problem is that I don't know what to wear.

I can get some coloured shades off my friend and I'll buy some spray on black hair colouring, I won't shave for a couple of days so I've got some stubble (like Bono :)).

I don't have a leather jacket but I think I'll wear a black lounge suit jacket, an open neck white buttoned shirt and some black pants. (kind of like the Bono look he had when he went to the REM guy's trial)

How does that sound? :eyebrow: I'm going for the recent Bono look. I mean if I turn up in a muscle shirt, or in crazy 80's fashion I don't think many people will see it. :p

*points* Wow!! You all both have the same avatar! :D

Sorry. That was slightly captain obvious. Have fun at the party. You could always go for the leather elevation look if you wanted to, or just stick a flag in your jacket. I dressed up as edge for halloween once. Twas fun.

dress like this
336%3A%3B63523232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3B%3D473%3Dxroqdf%3E2323334%3A332%3C4ot1lsi

:sexywink:

Jonno said:
I'm going to a party in a week or so and it's a fancy dress party of your favorite famous person.

I've decided I'll go as Bono. The only problem is that I don't know what to wear.

I can get some coloured shades off my friend and I'll buy some spray on black hair colouring, I won't shave for a couple of days so I've got some stubble (like Bono :)).

I don't have a leather jacket but I think I'll wear a black lounge suit jacket, an open neck white buttoned shirt and some black pants. (kind of like the Bono look he had when he went to the REM guy's trial)

How does that sound? :eyebrow: I'm going for the recent Bono look. I mean if I turn up in a muscle shirt, or in crazy 80's fashion I don't think many people will see it. :p

I'd say where a black v-neck sweater with either a plain white t-shirt or some kind of dress shirt (ex. black and white checks like Bono wore to the WEF) and black pants. Or a black suit with burgundy t-shirt like Bono wore on the Today Show.

Thanks for the tip... coloured shirt would look better, like burdudy. Thanks :)

Argh, I can't find anyone I know that has coloured shades yet :( Ah well, I've still got 2 weeks :)

Jonno said:
Thanks for the tip... coloured shirt would look better, like burdudy. Thanks :)

Argh, I can't find anyone I know that has coloured shades yet :( Ah well, I've still got 2 weeks :)

Try one of those cheesy girl accessory stores like Claires or even Hot Topic carries colored glasses very similar to B's Bulgaris.

Think about this, sounds like you are going to look to normal. Even with your dyed hair and shades, if you only wear men's casual wear and plain average looking clothes no one is gonna know who you're supposed to be. The Fly would be a good look, at least people would know you are a rock star and not some dude in a suit. Bono's colored shades aren't as famous to the average person as they are to us. Or at least do Elevation Bono with the leather jacket and red star and the shades.

Um... well "I don't have a leather jacket" cancels out Elevation Bono and The Fly. The red star probably isn't as famous to other people as it is to us either... :/

Ah well, I'm not thinking I'll be instantly recognised as the person, no matter who I dressed as. Once I tell them they'll probably get it though... ... I hope :p

Back
Top Bottom