April 5th LA pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Faith said:

Hopefully it's just a Staples rule although I've read on Interference that a few people were told the band didn't want cameras. It was printed on the tickets, No Cameras but I think that's usually printed on most tickets, right?

I was hoping they were filming the show and that's why they didn't want cameras but I don't think that's likely.
I wish!

I've read that the band/management's policy is that cameras are okay, but none with detachable lenses (those pics would be too "professional-looking," and therefore sellable, I'm guessing). I think they're fine with fans taking pics for personal use.

ETA: perhaps in some cases, the venue is unaware of the band's policy, or the venue has their own policy which overrules the band's??

Last edited:
MsPurrl said:
Information provided by Ticketmaster for the United Center in Chicago says, "Cameras are permitted in the arena for sporting events; however, for concerts and family shows, cameras and flash photography are not permitted. Video cameras and other recording devices are not permitted for family shows or concerts; however, they are permitted for sporting events." WTF? I plan to call the United Center the week before the shows and get THE WORD. I'd sure hate to hike back to the car to take a camera back. Also says, "Guests wearing obscene or indecent clothing are not allowed on United Center property."

I've "snuck" in a camera to the United Center for a U2 concert before...plus...read VP's posts regarding the band's policy on cameras

In San Diego, they pretty much said (without saying it lol) that cameras were allowed. They didn't dig deep into purses and the body searches were quick and not very thorough. There were TONS of cameras flashing through the whole show.

At Anaheim, we were handed a blue paper with our parking stub that said 'NO CAMERAS, RECORDING DEVICES, ETC ALLOWED" but a recording being played over and over again outside the arena only said "no professional cameras or recording devices allowed" I brough in one digital camera and someone in line in front of me brought in two and she didn't go to any lengths to hide them.

But after hearing about Staples making you check all cameras, I'm not taking a chance...I'll just hide a small disposable and hope I get away with it :grumpy:

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/tourpictures/

really great site for pictures (I hope it's okay to post them here :reject: , I looked for a warning against it and didn't see one)

4f40e605.jpg

6ab80777.jpg

kellyahern said:

Are you going tonight? :hyper:

edit: I just looked in the tour forum :lol: I hope you have a great time! :)

:D

I did get my disposable camera inside with no problems but I was so busy singing, dancing and jumping around, I forgot to take pictures!!!

:lmao: :reject: :hyper:

I had the most awesome time EVER!!!

Back
Top Bottom