All I want is you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
It's consuming me again...that insatiable hunger for him. To have every part of him, always...or to just look in his eyes once. To talk to him, meet him, just once. That'd be nice.

On Friday my friend told me that on Monday on X103's "The Big Dumb Show" they were giving away...well, tickets, I guess, to hang out with Bono in Arkansas. It was only for people 21 or older, but that would have been a small stepping stone. If I had known, I coulda had my dad call, or something... then yesterday I turned on 92.3 WTTS and they were, of course, playing Vertigo (I have a knack for turning on the radio whenever U2 is on.) Afterwards they said they were giving out copies of HTDAAB (like I need one. I'll buy it multiple times)...and then they said something about this guy that was a VIP winner who gets to go to New York and hang with the boys at an album launch party. Again, another chance missed... who woulda thought, in the middle of Indiana, I'd miss two chances to meet Bono?

I miss him. I've never met him, but last time I saw him was in December of 2002... 30 feet away...far away, so close! That was the second time. The first was on his birthday in 2001, my first (but it won't be my last) U2 concert.

Reading about all the people that have met him, reading the naughty threads, the sweet threads, the news, listening to the music... I've gone into complete Bonophoria again. I'm desperate to meet him. He seems to be everywhere but here. Even if he does come here, what if I can't even meet him? I wouldn't have even been able to go to the Heart of America tour had my dad's friend Kent not somehow scored tickets. I wouldn't have even known about it. I got lucky, that time...some are luckier than others, it seems. I'm convinced I'll meet him...so many have. I told my dad this and he said "That's like saying 'so many people have won the lottery, so I'll win it too.'" Thanks, dad. I appreciate the support. Really, though, if dad hadn't've gone to Ticketmaster at 10:00 in the morning after reading the paper, I never would have seen U2 in concert. So I guess I owe him one...or a thousand.

I guess I'm just feeling lovesick. Sometimes thinking about him makes me cry, dumb as that sounds. I just... I love him so much. This isn't like "OMG I WANNA MEET BONO CUZ HES SO HOT AND FAMEUS LOL!11//" It's like, I've wanted to meet him for years, to just tell him what a difference he's made in my life. Honestly. I want him to know I exist...that alone would make me happy. I don't expect to make out with him or get pulled onstage or anything. That'd be too much. I'd just like to meet him. Would that be too much? Is it possible? Maybe he's too far out of reach. Maybe the stars should stay in the sky. But if he could just descend for a minute...he shines brighter than the rest. If his eyes, his smile, could just shine one me for an instant...I could be complete. Or at least pretty damn happy for awhile.

I don't mean to turn this into a self-pity LJ-ish rant. Does anyone else share my sentiments, or am I just mad? What about those who HAVE met him? Is it possible for a 16-year-old girl from Indiana to meet Bono, or am I just clinging to fantasy?

Back
Top Bottom