Adams Pants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
Ok ? even Elizabeth has got me thinking about where she could find Adam?s pants.

I have been thinking to myself, what do those pants remind me of. Oh yes ? Zubaz. Do you guys remember those from the late eighties. The funky pants that a lot of professional football player wore (American Football, that is).

I know these aren?t in the right color, and they?re not as cool as Lord Adam Clayton?s , but they?re the closest thing I could think of ?

zubaz01.jpg

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 12-28-2001).]

i don't think the link is working Jess! all i saw were ford explorers!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer....she's imagination

Your right JessicaAnn, the internet rules. Here's another one:

floss (v) To show off, most often with an overt display of material wealth. Flashing items (e.g., one's cheese or bling-bling) in the faces of others.

They don't have a definition for 'H to the Izzo' or for 'Jelly' though.

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
I love the intertnet ...

From a Hip Hop Glossary

bling-bling (n) Jewelry, especially the large gold, platinum, and diamond rings and pendants favored by those sporting the "ghetto fabulous" style. [See also ghetto fabulous.]

Here's the link http://www.oxygen.com/isaac/features/howto/rapglossary_20011022.html

who was right? who said that first? please no applause. okay, you can applaud... louder!!!

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

ghetto fabulous!? madonna!!! music makes the people come together!!! I'M SORRY. this is not my madonna forum. i'll restrain myself. *keeps dancing*

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

PLEBA is so useful. it is a great place for me to go and discover the meaning of life.
wink.gif

How about another translation: What the hell is Spending Cheese?
*lol, I am not even sure if that is correct. I think I have heard JayZ use it in a song. Oh god, this is too funny, i really feel like I am showing my age and I am only 27.*

Since when did cheese come to mean money?

Geez ... I am only 24 and already loosing touch with today's youth. I guess it's bad when you look at your 15 year old niece's Christmas list and you are appalled by the CDs she is requesting. I wanted to get her U2, but I knew she would just return it.

I feel old.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

cheese? *revelation*

it means money? omg. at my dance class, we often warm up to the latest nsuck cd. really bad. but in the one song, they keep talking about cheese and nobody knows what the hell it means. (i always use it as an opprotunity to rip on nsync.)

------------------

Happy Holidays!

Love,
Emily

ahem-

not to distract anyone from vocabulary class, but wasn't this thread supposed to be about ADAM'S PANTS????????

c'mon ladies, let's try to talk about IMPORTANT STUFF.

Originally posted by elizabeth:
ahem-

not to distract anyone from vocabulary class, but wasn't this thread supposed to be about ADAM'S PANTS????????

c'mon ladies, let's try to talk about IMPORTANT STUFF.
OKAY GIRLS(and Arun and ScottPhisto)!!! We must find Elizabeth these pants. Or we are going to hear about them forever!!!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
OKAY GIRLS(and Arun and ScottPhisto)!!! We must find Elizabeth these pants. Or we are going to hear about them forever!!!!

That's the ticket! Let's all work TOGETHER!!

[This message has been edited by elizabeth (edited 12-28-2001).]

OK Jelly is like um.....Beyonce Women Parts.

and WTF IS H TO THE IZZO?! AAKK!!

Gecho?!

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

"Listen....I could be a genius if I weren't so lazy"

And the eluzive H to the izzo problem...

Artist/Band: Jay-Z
Song title: H To The Izzo
Album: The Blueprint

Lyrics: Ladies and gentlemen, put our hands together for the astonishing...
(girls singing)
H to the izz-O...V to the izz-A...

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the 8th wonder of the world
The flow o' the century...oh it's timeless...HOVE!
Thanks for comin' out tonight
You coulda been anywhere in the world, but you're here with me
I appreciate that...uuunnnh...

H to the izz-O, V to the izz-A
Fo' shizzle my nizzle used to dribble down in VA
Was herbin' em in the home of the Terrapins
Got it dirt cheap for them
Plus if they was short wit' cheese I would work wit' them
Boy and we...got rid of that dirt for them
Wasn't born hustlers I was burpin' em
Fo' sheezy my neezy keep my arms so greezy
Can't leave rap alone the game needs me
Haters want me clapped and chromed it ain't easy
Cops wanna knock me, D.A. wanna box me in
But somehow, I beat them charges like Rocky
Not guilty, he who does not feel me is not real to me
Therefore he doesn't exist
So poof...vamoose son of a bitch

CHORUS
Fo' shizzle my nizzle used to dribble down in VA
That's the anthem get'cha damn hands up
Not guilty ya'll got-ta feel me
That's the anthem get'cha damn hands UP!

Holla at me...
I do this for my culture
To let 'em know what a nigga look like...when a nigga in a roaster
Show 'em how to move in a room full 'o vultures
Industry shady it need to be taken over
Label owners hate me I'm raisin' the status quo up
I'm overchargin' niggaz for what they did to the Cold Crush
Pay us like you owe us for all the years that you hold us
We can talk, but money talks so talk mo' bucks

CHORUS

Yeah...
Hove is back, life stories told through rap
Niggaz actin' like I sold you crack
Like I told you sell drugs...no...
Hove did that so hopefully you won't have to go through that
I was raised in the pro-jects, roaches and rats
Smokers out back, sellin' they mama's sofa
Lookouts on the corner, focused on the ave
Ladies in the window, focused on the kinfolk
Me under a lamp post, why I got my hand closed?
Cracks in my palm, watchin' the long arm o' the law
So you know I seen it all before
I seen hoop dreams deflate like a true fiend's weight
To try and to fail, the two things I hate
Succeed in this rap game, the two things is great
What else can I say about dude, I gets bizzay

CHORUS

(girls singing)
H to the izz-O, V to the izz-A... (4x to fade out)

I still don't know wtf it means....but those are the actual lyrics...

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 12-29-2001).]

LMAO They're tiger pants!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

Originally posted by WildHonee:
LMAO They're tiger pants!

I know ... they're totally not Adam Pants, but his pants just remind me of the Zubaz

------------------
Jessica

--Bono

--Bono

Yesterday I was showing my mom my brand new AB CD (I've been holding my brother's hostage for 5 years and I finally got me own. It's my FAVORITE EVER) and I was like "Mommy can I have bedazzled Eurotrash pants?" and she was vibed out
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Yesterday I was showing my mom my brand new AB CD (I've been holding my brother's hostage for 5 years and I finally got me own. It's my FAVORITE EVER) and I was like "Mommy can I have bedazzled Eurotrash pants?" and she was vibed out
biggrin.gif

I was watching the Elevation: Live from Boston thing last night and my sister said "Edge is really bling bling." (the sequinned guitar strap, sequins on the #7, bedazzled jeans ...)

Apparently bling bling means shiny and glittery in street slang.

------------------
Jessica

--Bono

--Bono

I was watching the Elevation: Live from Boston thing last night and my sister said "Edge is really bling bling." (the sequinned guitar strap, sequins on the #7, bedazzled jeans ...)

LMAO A teacher called me bling bling when I agreed to tutor this Freshman for him.

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:

thanks for the telling me what Bling-Bling means. I was about to post a message asking what Bling-Bling means. I honestly never knew what that saying was referring to. I guess I am too old for the hip slang.
smile.gif
While we're at it, can someone PLEASE tell me WTF "H to the izzo" means?!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

LMAO!!! You guys are funny!! I grew up so close to the ghetto, and no one says bling bling or H to the izzo. LOL Rappers mostly make this crap up to seem like they're from the ghetto. Do you really think that people from the ghetto can grow up and get record deals and stuff? Wait...what the hell am I saying. Of course they can, but the point is most of them don't say bling bling! Hee hee
biggrin.gif

But what does it MEAN?!!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

I though that "Bling Bling" meant "lots of money" and "FLOSS" was the shiny sparkly stuff that you bought with it???

(I have been asking around as well, and that was the answer that I got from my younger brother and sister. They still don't know what "H to the IZZO" means though)

While we are at it, what does "Jelly" mean, and why aren't I ready for it???

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

I though that "Bling Bling" meant "lots of money" and "FLOSS" was the shiny sparkly stuff that you bought with it???

(I have been asking around as well, and that was the answer that I got from my younger brother and sister. They still don't know what "H to the IZZO" means though)

While we are at it, what does "Jelly" mean, and why aren't I ready for it???

right-o regarding the bling, which is cash and floss is the gear.

now, h to the izzo....hmm...

i know what shizznit is....it's "shit" just all fancied up.

[This message has been edited by elizabeth (edited 12-28-2001).]

don't you guys remember the vma's introduction when carson said (and i am paraphrasing) "U2 can flash more bling bling then most posses in this room."

the rappers looked pissed! lol. bling bling is sparkely jewelry, namely diamonds.

------------------

Happy Holidays!

Love,
Emily

Jelly is directly related to the term "bootylicious" I believe.

How recockulous that those girls make up words! *irony*

If the real Bono does post here, he best keep his hands off this thread now. *Beyonce*

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

I love the intertnet ...

From a Hip Hop Glossary

bling-bling (n) Jewelry, especially the large gold, platinum, and diamond rings and pendants favored by those sporting the "ghetto fabulous" style. [See also ghetto fabulous.]

Here's the link http://www.oxygen.com/isaac/features/howto/rapglossary_20011022.html

------------------
Jessica

--Bono

--Bono

hippyactress. I am sure that your lyrics were meant to help, but they confused me even more!!!

------------------
Official Dog-Walker of the ScottPhisto Society

I don't mean to be arrogant, but ...I do feel that we are meant to be one of the great groups. - Bono, Rolling Stone, 1981

Back
Top Bottom