Adam and Lucy - Chapter 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggo

Blue Crack Addict
:wave: Since Zooey's gone and made me feel I've been slacking, here's a fresh chapter.

Disclaimer: Not true, never happened.

Sundance isn't quite over yet. :wink:

-----

The last night of the festival, and I'm bored. I've seen all the movies I wanted to see, and so has Adam, rubbed elbows with celebrities, and played Bono's "surprise" gig. Adam's lounging on the bed, next to Stacie, who has curled up and gone to sleep there, and watching local news.

"Do you reckon this bloke's wearing a rug?" he asks, pointing at the TV with the remote. I look over at someone named Dan Pope doing the weather. He's saying it will snow tomorrow when we're supposed to leave for home.

"I don't know, Adam," I look out the window and see something going on at a club down the street. "Oh, Adam, can we go out tonight?"

"It's late. Stacie's asleep," he replies, now channel surfing.

"Bono will jump at the chance to baby-sit. You know he will. I'm bored, baby. I want to go do something," I rest my back against the cool window.

Adam sighs. "I'm tired. And we have an early flight tomorrow morning."

"We won't be out long. Please?" I'm basically whining at this point.

"I think I did hurt my back the other day. If she's sleeping I think I might take a muscle relaxer and go to sleep myself. Go ask Bono. He likes to go clubbing," Adam settles on an American comedy I've never seen before.

"Oh, alright, party pooper," I say and go out into the hall and who do I run into? Larry Mullen, Jnr. Of course I run into Larry. I've only been trying to avoid him for the past week and a half.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"I'm gonna go see if B wants to go to a club with me," I explain.

"I'll go," he shrugs.

"You hate clubs," I fold my arms.

"I'm bored, too. I'm restless cooped up in this place. I need to get out," Larry says. "I reckon Bono and Ali are having a night in, anyway."

"Okay. Then let's go," I shrug. Maybe he'll behave himself.

"You're not wearing that are you? You need to wear something tight. Show some skin. It's going to be hot on the dance floor," Larry smiles. "Besides, we need you to show off your hot little arse to get in the door."

"I'll go change," I go back in my room and put on a halter top and skinny jeans and put my hair up. Adam's dozing on the bed, so I quickly put on big hoop earrings and some make-up and perfume. I slip into heels and grab my coat as I step back into the hall. Larry's standing there, changed into tight jeans and a half-buttoned shirt under his coat.

"Ready to go?" He grins at me, wearing sunglasses at night.

"Yeah."

When we get to the club, the DJ's blasting a mix of "Discothéque" and Larry laughs. We wait in line outside and Larry is a bit protective, making sure no one gets too close. Then he leans forward and whispers something very dirty in Irish in my ear and nibbles on the lobe. I giggle, but push him away.

"Stop it, or Adam will kick your arse into the back of your skull."

He orders whiskey when we get inside, then seeks out a table. I follow him to it and we sit down.

"Go dance!" he shouts over the music. "I thought that's why you wanted to come here!" I smile and stand up and go find a spot on the floor to groove. I can feel Larry's eyes trace my path around the club, but I'm having too much fun letting loose to care. I find a guy with some sort of rhythm to dance with and he starts putting his hands on my waist, and lower. Before I know it, Larry's there, in the guy's face. "Don't you touch her! Who do you think you are? Get out of my sight!" The kid, barely 16, runs away startled.

"Larry, you didn't have to do that," I say. "He didn't mean any harm."

"He shouldn't have tried to touch you," Larry looks down at me, then puts his hand on my waist and pulls me close just as "Discothéque" ends and gives me a soft peck on the lips. "You're fucking gorgeous, you know?"

"Didn't know you felt that way about Adam," I play with his words. "I'll be sure to tell him tomorrow."

"That's not what I meant, Lucy," he says as a kind of slow song, slower than "Discothéque" anyway, starts. He puts his knee between my legs and leans me back over it. As I pull myself back up, he kisses me and I start to lose myself in it. His calloused hand rubs against my bare back and my fingers tangle in his hair, crunchy from the hairgel. He moves down to my neck and my head is still thrown back and my lips slightly parted. I have to kiss him again and pull his head back up to mine and remember that this is Larry, not Adam, as he's putting his tongue in my mouth.

Damnú air! I let the kiss run its course, then I start dancing again and he stands there, bewildered.

"Come on! I thought drummers were supposed to have rhythm!" I tease him and he smiles and starts to move to the music. The smell of whiskey is strong on his breath and it's sort of intoxicating. I start to dance away from him, to see if he'll try to follow me, and he does. We play Chase all over the dance floor and end up back at our table three songs later. I order a martini when we sit back down. "This is fun."

"Yeah. Another whiskey, please?"

I gulp down the martini when it arrives, then play with the olive skewer between my teeth. "Back to London tomorrow," I say.

"Dublin for me, but yeah. Back to the real world," he looks into his whiskey glass, then takes a drink.

"Adam says he wants us all to go to France when we get back," I try to read Larry's reaction.

"That could be fun, I guess," he shrugs. "Wanna go dance some more?"

I bite off the olive and nod. He offers his hand as I stand up and we go out on the floor for another round. This time Larry keeps me close, but minds his hands. My feet ache and I waddle to the table and take my shoes off. He orders me another martini and I drink it, cooling my feet on the cement floor. I decide I'm tired of dancing when he's done with his whiskey and order a cosmo instead as he starts giving me the best foot rub ever.

Soon, Larry's on his seventh whiskey, and I've got a pile of skewers and umbrellas and lemon peel in front of me on the table. "I think it'sh time-a go back," I slur.

"Should we call a taxi?" He stands up and nearly knocks the table over. "Whoops."

"We can walk, 's not far," I stand up and put my coat on upside-down and we make our way to the door, leaving my shoes near the table. Larry trips over the sidewalk and I laugh. "Tá tú," my brain pauses, searching for the word, but doesn't find it, "drunk," I start to giggle.

"So--so-so're--are you," he replies. I hiccup and we stumble into the street. It's too packed with people for cars to drive down, and we make it safely to the other side. He rests against a building and pulls me to him. I'm feeling fully pickled and up for anything, but I realise that this could be a dangerous situation, so I walk away. He probably just wants a shag anyway. Well, he's not getting one. He notices I'm gone when I'm halfway back to the hotel and catches up. "Leave-er."

"Drummer," I reply and we go into the lobby of the hotel. Some starlet is going out, so paparazzi are everywhere, waiting for her. The photographers recognize Larry and start clicking away. We try to hide our faces as we get in the lift and go up, but it's no use. We were caught, drunk and silly, together. And maybe I was too drunk, because I let him kiss me again in the elevator. We get to our floor and I go in my and Adam's room without thanking Larry or saying "Good night." Adam sits up in the dark.

"Have fun?" he asks.

"Yeah. Larry's a lot of fun when he lightens up," I reply. I take off my clothes and climb in bed with Adam.

"How much did you have to drink?" Adam turns away from my breath.

"Too much. I'm gonna hate it tomorrow," I say, falling asleep. I dream of being back in the lift with Larry, kissing, suddenly he lifts me, my legs go around his waist and he presses me to the wall, snogging me so hard he's nearly biting. I remember, somehow in my dream, that I hadn't done that with Larry. Adam is the one who likes to fool around in elevators, and when the kiss was over, I saw my husband's face instead of the drummer's.

I wake with the worst hangover and Adam hands me a cup of coffee. "Paul called. Apparently there's some picture of you and Larry making the rounds."

"Huh?" And then I remember part of the night before. "Oh. yeah. We got caught in the lobby when we were getting in last night."

"Nothing I need to worry about then?" He looks at me over his coffee cup.

"No. You know Lardence. He wants to hide whenever he sees a camera. We were just walking together. Stumbling, really." I shrug. Stacie's in her playpen, plinking around on a play keyboard.

"Hmm," Adam says and sets down his coffee. "Paul blew it out of proportion, I guess." He walks over to me and kisses me deeply. "I love you."

"I love you, too, sweetie," I say, stroking his back. "Ugh, I should shower. I reek of booze and sweat." I get in the shower and when I come out, Adam's packed everything but the clothes he picked out for me. I get dressed and we go eat breakfast with the band in the restaurant downstairs. Larry looks miserable, but then so does Ann and everyone quiets down when Adam and I walk in the room. I ask a waiter for a high chair for Stacie, then open my menu after she's strapped in safely.

"Céard é tá cearr?" I text message Larry under the table.

"Fucking Edge," he replies.

"What?!"

"He was at the club last night."

"Shit."

Edge hands Adam something and I can feel him stiffen up next to me even without seeing it. I look up from my menu and he takes my hand and leads me out of the restaurant. "What's wrong?"

"Tell me this was innocent. Tell me that you slapped him after. Tell me you were drunk when this happened," he hands me a grainy picture of Larry pecking me in the club, a cell phone picture, printed off the internet. Just the peck. I tried not to show relief as the rest of the night slowly filtered back to me.

I wasn't drunk. I didn't slap him. And I'm certain it wasn't innocent.

"Lucy! Answer me," he hisses at me as people pass by.

"You can't really tell that's us," I say, squinting at the unfocused picture.

"What about those?" He points to Larry's shoulder and my back. Tattoos. Proof.

"Yes, I was drunk. Yes, it was innocent. I'm sorry. I forgot it happened. I would've told you if I had remembered," I look in Adam's eyes.

"You swear?" Adam holds me in his eyes. "Because if it's not and I find out later, Lucy, that's it."

"I promise it was nothing and it meant nothing and it will never happen again."

Ah, you girls, I can't keep up! I haven't even finished Christine yet..

I have printed you (and Zooey) and will read you in bed tonight when I come back from the film :drool: :drool:

edurban said:
Ah, you girls, I can't keep up! I haven't even finished Christine yet..

I have printed you (and Zooey) and will read you in bed tonight when I come back from the film :drool: :drool:
i like it!

AW :hug: of course I didn't mean to put any pressure on ya! :wink: I don't have time to read this yet but I have the next two days off (!!!) to play in fanfic land!

:uhoh:

I'm apprehensive about where this is going... but that just goes to show it's good stuff! I am enjoying this, apprehension aside :wink:

:applaud:

RBF, this is great!!! I read it last night and this morning again (er... I am working from home today and ... from my bed...ehm).

Alisaura said:
:uhoh:

I'm apprehensive about where this is going... but that just goes to show it's good stuff! I am enjoying this, apprehension aside :wink:

:applaud:
All I will say is this:

"Angel
Angel or devil
I was thirsty
And you wet my lips
You, I'm waiting for you
You, you set my desires
I Trip Through Your Wires"

:wink:

Last edited:
mysterious_jen said:
how long til the next installment ???

i really like this one its naughty :shifty:
Naughty?! :angel:

:giggle: I like it naughty, too. I have a few things to finish up in it, so it might be a few days. Course, the last time I did that, it ended up being email only, :lol: Not that anyone would object, I'm sure. :wink:

RegularBonoFan said:
All I will say is this:

"Angel
Angel or devil
I was thirsty
And you wet my lips
You, I'm waiting for you
You, you set my desires
I Trip Through Your Wires"

:wink:
That is such a fun bassline :D

More? :flirt: