A Caution to those buying Prop forms....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkys girl

Refugee
A Caution to those buying Prop forms....

I was looking at my Prop tkt form and noticed it requires a member id# on the form itself and the member # is on the Prop envelope itself.
To those ppl who are considering buying a form please be sure you will recieve the tkts at YOUR home address. I am worried that some ppl may send their money order for the tkts and not even recieve the tkts. The person who sold you the form may ultimately recieve the tkts you paid for because Prop may mail tkts out only to addresses they have on file and match the member id# on the form.
Please correct me if I am wrong, as I am no expert on Prop forms, but I don't want anyone to get swindeled by would be cons. Ppl are spending alot of $$$ on tkts and I don't want to hear about anyone losing out.

Thanks for your time!
smile.gif

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Wow, no replies...so far, does anyone know if I am totally wrong about the Prop forms or does my claim sound legit?!

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
Wow, no replies...so far, does anyone know if I am totally wrong about the Prop forms or does my claim sound legit?!

Here's a reply for you!
smile.gif
Your claim definitely sounds legit. I didn't realize there was a market for Prop forms, but what you're saying makes sense.

------------------
"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:

Here's a reply for you!
smile.gif
Your claim definitely sounds legit. I didn't realize there was a market for Prop forms, but what you're saying makes sense.

Thank you for replying, I thought my info would sink faster than a stone! Well, I just wanted to warn fans about stuff like this, I've heard that Prop forms are on auction at Ebay among other places! I would hate for someone to get scammed!
smile.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

They're already getting scammed - the auctions each say that these are GUARANTEED tickets - which we all know they are not. And, I think you are probably right about the address thing.

I actually emailed ebay about one of these saying they were promising something that wasn't guaranteed, but they said they didn't have enough information to pull the auction.

:p

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
I actually emailed ebay about one of these saying they were promising something that wasn't guaranteed, but they said they didn't have enough information to pull the auction.

:p

You are right about that Crzy4Bono,
frown.gif
i feel for those ppl, those bastards at ebay must know
mad.gif
...they are just screwing the uninformed consumer! this kind of shite really pisses me off!
mad.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

I definitely agree with you - please be warned about buying the form.

I don't think anyone replied initially because no one has ever seen this before! At least I haven't! People have obtained tickets from Propaganda and then sold them, but I've never seen anyone sell the actual form. I just don't think it will work.

*DoctorWho is keeping and using his form for himself.

IMHO, I think those who sell their forms on Ebay should get their Prop subscription cancelled.

But I also think Ebay shouldn't be supporting such disgusting displays of ticket scalping, so what do I know.

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

sherry, please tell me you are joking!
don't buy the forms!

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

It's such a no-brainer! For $20 US you get 4 magazines of the guys, plus forms for tour tickets and other goodies from time to time.... vs. $385 (at last count) for just the form on the off chance it might actually work.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. let me think on that...

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
It's such a no-brainer! For $20 US you get 4 magazines of the guys, plus forms for tour tickets and other goodies from time to time.... vs. $385 (at last count) for just the form on the off chance it might actually work.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. let me think on that...

No kidding, but while I was inline for tkts, I came across several ppl who seemed misinformed about simple stuff like Prop and Presale passwords, which of course does not make them any less a fan than you or I. So you never know, I just thought I'd put it out there for those folks.
smile.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Back
Top Bottom