Why is there no talk of the new tour's setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZigZag

Acrobat
I've been looking all over the forum for threads about what the new tour is going to be like, but sub-catagory after sub-catagory, there seems to be NO talk about it!

Of course we had the flying cars and crazy TVs of ZooTV, the huge arch and giant lemon of PopMart, and the wonderful heart stage of the Elevation tour. So is nobody excited about what U2 are going to do for the tour as far as the stage at all? Or did I just miss something entirely here?

I am hoping for a target instead of a heart this time with the center of the target being the B stage... :drool:

Probably too obvious though :|

Miroslava said:
I am hoping for a target instead of a heart this time with the center of the target being the B stage... :drool:

Probably too obvious though :|

That would be almost an exact rip off of the Elevation tour though. I really don't expect them to just replace the heart with a target. Plus, they still might use the sound technology in some shape or form with the stage.

"big round target", is the latest talk. But the designs are only just being put together, so give it a few more weeks before we know more defenite :wink:

Well...I could sort of see maybe a big red and black target for the band to have free roam over, but there would have to be more to it than just that.

The heart from Elevation was actually part of the Pop arch...so recycling wouldn't be out of question....I'm still thinking target perhaps...

Isn't there threads in Tour Rumors bout this? :scratch: I'm sure there are...

I'm not really a fan of round stages or stages that are placed in the centre of an arena. I think more people get "crappy seats" that way.

klappie said:
"big round target", is the latest talk. But the designs are only just being put together, so give it a few more weeks before we know more defenite :wink:

I hope not - to some degree at least I think it'll resemble a bloody big top circus.

U2 ain't no circus side-show.

I have every faith that Willie and co will come up with something great, and surprising. I think the flash and dazzle days are gone, but there's still ways to incorporate a lot of what's gone before but in different ways - the last tour proved this amply!

Back
Top Bottom