Which songs off HTDAAB won't be played live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelongfella

The Fly
Bono has stated in recent interviews that at the moment he doesn't want to leave any song from the new album off the setlists for the concerts, and that they might have to alternate the tracks they pick significantly from night to night to fit in (which in itself would be a big change for them...). I was just curious to know which ones you guys think wouldn't be suited to a live airing, or if you had to not hear some which ones would it be...:eyebrow:

I'm going to agree with the above post, simply because I don't think anything else would be dropped in their places.

Yahweh was iffy, but it appears Bono (or maybe it was Adam) is really keen on playing it.

Anyone expecting Fast Cars might be disappointed, although I'd love it if they brought it out.

Doesn't look too good for Mercy either, but I WILL be making a sign--and I hope others will too.

One last thing, if they can't get Edge to play guitar on OOTS, they should drop that because it sounded REALLY sub-par in Brooklyn. The piano should be done by Bono, not at all, or Edge pulling another New Year's Day on double duty.

laz

xaviMF22 said:
My guess is AMAAW and OSC, they aren't suited to be played live at every concert. IMO

i agree, they're not really live songs.
would love to see them play Fast Cars though, that would be cool.
what about crumbs? would be a good b-stage song i reckon

AMAAW will be a B-stage (acoustic) if it is played.....and I think it will on certain occasions.

OSC also, but I hope they leave it out.

Fast car could be very cool live, hope they surprise us sometimes with this one!

OOTS should be played with guitar (I agree with you Lazarus).....the guitar work in that song is great and it would be too bad to just play the piano.... or maybe it will be acoustic like the Apple stuff version..... it was nice actually.

Other songs will make it to the setlist without a doubt!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom