We should make up T-Shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lara Mullen said:
Matt, maybe they will release a special version of the DVD with a crappy book with crappy artwork at an extra cost of £10. :hmm:
And then another version with an extra dvd and then the ordinary dvd.

And maybe by that time they will be asking you to renew your $40 membership and they will send you out another keyring and access to the forums which of course never work

:hyper: It's mostly making U2 richer and who doesn't want to do that, they care about their fans, thats the only reason they release so many versions of one album, it's not about money :hyper:

Yeah Lara I agree with you, we have to keep making U2 richer.. I also heard that on the next single there will be as usual some naff remixes, but also a limited edition of the single (the 4th version) with a recording of Love and peace or else recorded by a fan from one of the "nosebleed" seats. The thing is to get this you have to join the all new U2 touring fan club. It's ok it'll only cost you $40 and for that you get a free tour programme and also a bonus edition of the 4th single to be released from the album (one step closer to knowing), which amazingly will have a new song as the b-side. The only catch is you have to have spent at least $200 on a concert ticket with your original membership code and by then be arsed to like U2 or their poxy management anymore!!

( I still love U2's music though!!)

Chrisedge said:
I will post the full size of this when I get home:

u2shirt.gif

You can order one at http://www.cafepress.com/u2lousy
or once I put the full size one up, print your own iron on.

(All profits from cafepress go to buying shirts, so far ZERO orders! :)

I'm thinking about buying one, maybe the neon green so everyone can see me. El cheapo t-shirt is $9.99.:wink:

matt76 said:

Yeah Lara I agree with you, we have to keep making U2 richer.. I also heard that on the next single there will be as usual some naff remixes, but also a limited edition of the single (the 4th version) with a recording of Love and peace or else recorded by a fan from one of the "nosebleed" seats. The thing is to get this you have to join the all new U2 touring fan club. It's ok it'll only cost you $40 and for that you get a free tour programme and also a bonus edition of the 4th single to be released from the album (one step closer to knowing), which amazingly will have a new song as the b-side. The only catch is you have to have spent at least $200 on a concert ticket with your original membership code and by then be arsed to like U2 or their poxy management anymore!!

( I still love U2's music though!!)

I was with ya right up to "Yeah Lara"

LOL :wink:

MrBrau1 said:
no. The best t-shirt idea is a black tee, with 40 on the front, and $ on the back.

I like that... but how about a picture of Osama Bin Laden with his arm around Sebastian Clayton? That'd be cool!

I would buy a shirt - but I wouldnt wear the one thats being sold - i'd look a muppet

have a cathcy cathphrase - somethat that would allow us to identify eachother as well would be very cool.

Even though I haven't gotten my keychain yet, I'm going to buy a bumper sticker. How great would it be to have potentially hundreds of cars in the parking lots of the various venues saying that we feel ripped off.

I've been thinking about putting something U2-related on my car for a while and feel this is it.

Last edited:
I get how the SticKy CaPs is pocking fun at the text style at U2.com/Vertigo singles, but I find it extremely tacky and would never wear a shirt with text like that. It reminds me of teenyboppers. :|

Here are some iron-on images. The reversed images are the ones you'd have to use for an iron-on sheet.

Click on the thumbnails for the full-sized (800x613) images.

Non-sticky text:

All caps text:

Or if you'd prefer sTicKy CaPs...:

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:
I'd buy a t-shirt b/c it's so funny, but I didn't actually join up so it would be dishonest/ insincere of me to wear such a shirt.

The ironic part is that you will probably be closer than any of us who did buy the membership:mad:

So let me get this straight. You're still going to the show, and yet you're going to wear a t-shirt in protest? As in, you're going to a U2 show, but you're going to protest it, while in attendance?

Interesting.

No not dumb, funny and sarcastic. Especially since I will probably be spending lots of money to even get tickets. Besides, it's not protesting u2, or their music. Just the fan club and the presale.

Copyright infringment...They also shut down my u2preservation.com shirts as well.

Queenbee, I owe ya $6.00 once they give me the "pending" money, if they actually end up selling the folks that ordered the shirts that were sold...(6 lucky folks got to buy shirts)

I posted this in the thread about protesting at the grammies, just my opinion

I can understand that people are upset about paying $40.00 and not getting what they thought they had coming to them but I personally think protesting by picketing the grammys, making t-shirts or sitting down during the first song is silly.

First of all if you didn't get tickets as far as I know U2.com are offering full refunds-If thats true then U2 are not stealing your money(Heck they'll likely even let you keep the keychain). I think this also proves that it wasn't a money grab, with u2 having no intention of giving what they promised

If you got tickets at the presale but aren't happy with the seats you could probably sell them for a profit. Nothing wrong with that.

One of the main reasons there is such a descrepency between demand and availability
is that the first leg is much shorter than originally planned. I was planning on going to toronto to see them as they were rumoured to play there twice this leg before things got shifted around. The T.O dates have been pushed back to the fall so i'll wait. As far as I know a major reason for this is the condition of one of edges relatives.

There are a lot less tickets available for the first leg(you can blame Edges relative if you like) than u2 anticipated but they seem to be trying to rectify things- if you didn't get tickets get your money back, since they're offering(as they should). If you got crappy tickets, sell them-make yourself some extra cash, but it's time to put things in perspective folks

Last edited:
Yeah, exactly. Put things in perspective and lighten up! The shirts were a joke, they were funny, and if anyone is taking them seriously, they are the ones that are going too far. Like the t-shirts are a serious protest? Like U2 even gives a sh*t ? I would have paid $40 anyway because I'm a geek and like saying that I am such a big fan that I am in the U2 fan club. It's all just for fun......the fan club, the shirts, all of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom