U2 on Conan OBrien this Thursday... 10/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Bee said:
This is my dream come true :drool:

Ditto!!!:applaud: Conan is great but he is AWESOME now!!! I wonder what song/songs will U2 perform??? Cannot wait to see Adam:drool:

This will be a first time enjoying conan for me. Ive never found Conan funny. I just dont like him for some reason. I dont get why so many people think he is so funny.

I think people either really like Conan and "get" his humor or they plain don't get it and cannot stand him. Anti Conan fans will watch Thurday's show to see U2 if they are U2 fans. I hope the band sings a number of songs. It will be interesting to see how U2's humor plays off Conan's humor for sure tho.

OOOohhhhh....
An entire hour...
Now I'm really :hyper:
I'll be taking a nap during the day so I can stay up for this.

CONAN TO TURN ENTIRE SHOW OVER TO U2:

In his 12 years in charge of booking musical guests on Conan
O'Brien's "Late Night," Jim Pitt always listed U2 and Johnny Cash as the dream artists he'd tried but never succeeded in getting.

He lost his chance with the late Cash, but the U2 dream is coming true Thursday in a major way.

O'Brien will turn over his entire show to the band, which is in New York for seven sold-out engagements at Madison Square Garden.

"We were able to offer them something to feel enough like an event for them to do the show," Pitt said. "It's basically `Late Night with Conan O'Brien,' the U2 edition."

The NBC show has never before devoted itself entirely to a musical guest, although it gave major time a few years back to a holiday appearance by bandleader Max Weinberg's other employer, Bruce Springsteen.

O'Brien's a big U2 fan, and made a personal connection by talking at length with Bono during breaks in rehearsals for the band's "Saturday Night Live" appearance last season, Pitt said.

It may be a nervous time for Bono, who is nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his work in trying to ease Third World poverty. People who watch the Nobel closely list the lead singer as one of the favorites. The winner is expected to be named Friday.

The band is expected to perform three songs and be interviewed by O'Brien.

Pitt is not pushing for any material in particular.

"When U2 decides they want to come on the show for an hour, you don't get too picky about what they play," he said.

Hope I don't get in trouble for copying this text over.:)

And E1 keep your fingers crossed for our man Bono to get the prize this year. He so deserves it.

longingforBono said:

O'Brien's "Late Night," Jim Pitt always listed U2 and Johnny Cash as the dream artists he'd tried but never succeeded in getting.

He lost his chance with the late Cash, but the U2 dream is coming true Thursday in a major way.

O'Brien will turn over his entire show to the band, which is in New York for seven sold-out engagements at Madison Square Garden.

"We were able to offer them something to feel enough like an event for them to do the show," Pitt said. "It's basically `Late Night with Conan O'Brien,' the U2 edition."

The NBC show has never before devoted itself entirely to a musical guest, although it gave major time a few years back to a holiday appearance by bandleader Max Weinberg's other employer, Bruce Springsteen.

O'Brien's a big U2 fan, and made a personal connection by talking at length with Bono during breaks in rehearsals for the band's "Saturday Night Live" appearance last season, Pitt said.

It may be a nervous time for Bono, who is nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his work in trying to ease Third World poverty. People who watch the Nobel closely list the lead singer as one of the favorites. The winner is expected to be named Friday.

"When U2 decides they want to come on the show for an hour, you don't get too picky about what they play," he said.

Hope I don't get in trouble for copying this text over.:)

And E1 keep your fingers crossed for our man Bono to get the prize this year. He so deserves it.

How did the Springsteen thing go down?

Did they do comedy bits w/ Bruce and have him sing? Or was it all singing?

I'll bet they do more than 3 songs, AND I'll bet they aren't all off the new album, AND I BET there is an old classic in there since Conan is a big fan.

Hope my ass can cover all the bets I just made...:ohmy:

I don't really care what 3 songs they sing, I just want to see them and see how they mesh with Conan. Conan can be kinda goofy, but if he's a real U2 fan he may be entirely different with an hour of just U2 as his guest for the show than how he is during an average usual show.

longingforBono said:

:hyper:

This day keeps getting better :drool:

They should play one 80s track, one 90s track, one 00s track atleast

Out of Control
Mofo
Elevation

perhaps....:drool: One can dream

I just realized the article flat out says three songs expected. So I am already betting against the odds.:scratch:

I hope Conan does a great interview with them like Jonathan Ross- he could top that one if he really tried to.

Carek1230 said:
I don't really care what 3 songs they sing, I just want to see them and see how they mesh with Conan. Conan can be kinda goofy, but if he's a real U2 fan he may be entirely different with an hour of just U2 as his guest for the show than how he is during an average usual show.

You are right! That is going to be really interesting...I hope they really mesh well and that they make jokes with Conan...
My three song picks are

Sometimes
Beautiful Day
Vertigo

but I hope they do some surprises!!!!

Oh, and I'll be staying up past midnight to watch this on the west coast. Must get it all on my "U2 Stuff" tape!

Being extra tired at work on Friday will be totally worth it. Whoot!

Being extra tired on Friday will be WELL worth it! I may watch the show live while recording it, then rewind the tape and watch it again and maybe again.....then shower, grab some breakfast and head to work really early and not even sleep!

any chance they play dirty day 3 times?

man this is going to be so awesome :drool:

I wonder if the Max Weinberg 7 will step aside and let U2 play the show intro? Now THAT would be something to see, eh?

Should be cool to see what information Conan gets out of them. Anyone check out the Conan message boards to see if they are taking questions or anything?

suz4u2 said:
LongingforBono: Where did you get this information, please? I looked on nbc.com and it has different hosts planned. Where can we find the most accurate data?:ohmy:

well this is from Conan's site:

12:37 AM Late Night With Conan O'Brien 2126 - U2 All New

Are you talking about the number of songs? Or the fact that U2 is on the show?

Well, this show will probaly end up as a captured video on my computer and burned to DVD before Friday morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom