U2 Fan Action: My Backyard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another thread turned into a Danish "conversation" :up: Great stuff

I :heart: you Danes!

now it's going to get totally dull if i talk about work. it involves stuff like microcredit, sustainable development, international health care initiatives, etc. i work with non-governmental agencies to implement programs, then sometimes do assessment of those programs.
:yawn:

you asked for it.

ruffian said:
I :heart: you Danes!

now it's going to get totally dull if i talk about work. it involves stuff like microcredit, sustainable development, international health care initiatives, etc. i work with non-governmental agencies to implement programs, then sometimes do assessment of those programs.
:yawn:

you asked for it.

I don't think it's boring :shrug:

Tell me some more! :heart:

:no:

i don't want to ruin my reputation around these parts.

:wink:

i'm supposed to attend a world bank conference in D.C. in September. I can just see Pablo raising his hand, asking me about rubbing oil all over the models in his backyard party.

:reject:

Ruffian,, It sounds more interesting than what i do, so :up: to what you do

Your reputation is intact. Actually it just got better

yeah, what do you guys do?

what, are you suggesting my reputation had room for improvement? :mad:

ruffian said:
:no:

i don't want to ruin my reputation around these parts.

i'm supposed to attend a world bank conference in D.C. in September. I can just see Pablo raising his hand, asking me about rubbing oil all over the models in his backyard party.

:reject:

:evil:

"I have a question:

Would you rather massage Bono or Larry?" :evil:

I would never do something like that to you, bella... :heterosexualmanhugwithalittlebitofgroping:

Let me know if you end up being in town! :hyper:

I am not telling you,, I will stick to just being a handsome stud. I dont want to ruin a reputation that took me months to build up.

U2@NYC said:

:evil:

"I have a question:

Would you rather massage Bono or Larry?" :evil:

I would never do something like that to you, bella... :heterosexualmanhugwithalittlebitofgroping:

Let me know if you end up being in town! :hyper:
are you serious that you work for World Bank???

U2Man said:

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. I thought you had to be a lot more serious to work at such places....but apparently, you don't :wink:

Oh, at work I'm all serious and keep my reputation intact... if they only knew what we talk about here... :wink:

I recently got promoted... :D (although I have already spent most of my promotion increase :reject: )

yimou said:
I am not telling you,, I will stick to just being a handsome stud. I dont want to ruin a reputation that took me months to build up.

hey, i saved that reputation! you'd be in the gutter if it weren't for me, baby. i pulled you up out of the mirey clay.

i'm just so stunned! tbere is an IMF/World Bank conference in September and I'm supposed to go with another colleague but not sure I can make it b/c i'll be just back from U2 shows in Chicago...and I've worked on World Bank contracts and ... i guess it is a small world.

*buttons up top button on shirt, smooths hair into a ponytail, finds glasses to put on, sits up straight*

ruffian said:
i'm just so stunned! tbere is an IMF/World Bank conference in September and I'm supposed to go with another colleague but not sure I can make it b/c i'll be just back from U2 shows in Chicago...and I've worked on World Bank contracts and ... i guess it is a small world.

*buttons up top button on shirt, smooths hair into a ponytail, finds glasses to put on, sits up straight*

No worries, we do not go around massaging each other with oil at the office these days... :wink:

I actually do work in doing financing for companies in Emerging Markets. I get to travel quite a bit and meet very interesting clients... maybe some day I will get a deal in Argentina. So far, no luck.

On that note, I leave this 'temple of seriousness'.

Have a great night, everyone! :wave:

For U2Man: Et område på størrelse med Tyskland og Frankrig er ved at blive omdannet til et hav af søer. Verdens største frosne tørvemose i det vestlige Sibirien smelter, og tøbruddet kan frigive gigantiske mængder af drivhus-gasser.

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:

No worries, we do not go around massaging each other with oil at the office these days... :wink:

I actually do work in doing financing for companies in Emerging Markets. I get to travel quite a bit and meet very interesting clients... maybe some day I will get a deal in Argentina. So far, no luck.

On that note, I leave this 'temple of seriousness'.

Have a great night, everyone! :wave:

For U2Man: Et område på størrelse med Tyskland og Frankrig er ved at blive omdannet til et hav af søer. Verdens største frosne tørvemose i det vestlige Sibirien smelter, og tøbruddet kan frigive gigantiske mængder af drivhus-gasser.

:hmm:
Maybe one day, if I'm really nice to Pablo from now on, he could get me a job at the World Bank :drool:

wow! i worked on a project with an NGO in Zambia to help women organize microcredit unions, and then also worked on a WorldBank/WHO initiative looking at HIV education and outcomes of that. I do work on development policy/sustainable development, etc...microfinance is a part of that. i provide the on-the-ground data to economists to help convince them that microcredit unions work, and help build economic infrastructure...so do you work in third world areas or eastern europe or what?

:blahblah: sorry i rambled.

U2Man said:

:hmm:
Maybe one day, if I'm really nice to Pablo from now on, he could get me a job at the World Bank :drool:

:up:

And we can lobby the facilities manager to blast U2 on the Bank speakers... :rockon:

ruffian said:
wow! i worked on a project with an NGO in Zambia to help women organize microcredit unions, and then also worked on a WorldBank/WHO initiative looking at HIV education and outcomes of that. I do work on development policy/sustainable development, etc...microfinance is a part of that. i provide the on-the-ground data to economists to help convince them that microcredit unions work, and help build economic infrastructure...so do you work in third world areas or eastern europe or what?

:blahblah: sorry i rambled.

We are divided by industry, not by region in this division... so I work pretty much all over the place... this year, I have been to Turkey and Mexico a couple of times and hope to get other deals in different places.

Wolfowitz :yuck: I got to talk to Bono about him. Another story for another day. Ok, I'm done with work talk...

ruffian said:
Wolfowitz :yuck: I got to talk to Bono about him. Another story for another day. Ok, I'm done with work talk...

No, I wanna hear what Bono said about him!!!!

ruffian said:

:shh: I don't like Wolfowitz either :shh:

I loved those days when there was this rumor that Bono was going to be the Bank's president... :drool:

he said don't believe everything you read in the papers (he was reported to support wolfowitz, and i told him i thought i was a mistake to have the architect of the iraqi war making decisions about who gets World Bank Money).

U2@NYC said:

:shh: I don't like Wolfowitz either :shh:

I loved those days when there was this rumor that Bono was going to be the Bank's president... :drool:

Yeah, but I never really believed it...and in a way, I don't really think it would have been appropriate...

Back
Top Bottom