two complete systems for aussie/nz tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadcaster

Refugee
i was reading the newspaper today (brisbanes courier mail) and it had the story about U2 comming here, and a specific quote caught my eye:

"the scale of the production means there will be two complete systems for the australian tour, leap-frogging each other around the country"

i guess this means that there will be two completely different stages and screens and everything :D yay! i cant wait! :D

this also means that its possible for the band to play more dates then have already been announced :D

thought that might interest you guys ;)

cheers!
quad

quadcaster said:
i was reading the newspaper today (brisbanes courier mail) and it had the story about U2 comming here, and a specific quote caught my eye:

"the scale of the production means there will be two complete systems for the australian tour, leap-frogging each other around the country"

i guess this means that there will be two completely different stages and screens and everything :D yay! i cant wait! :D

this also means that its possible for the band to play more dates then have already been announced :D

thought that might interest you guys ;)

cheers!
quad

I don't want to rain on your parade but.....

The 2 stage sets will probably be identical....

dont worry, ur not raining on anything... i would expect both stages to be identical :p

im just saying that its good and means there could be more shows :D

i think that the 2 stage leapfrog thing is pretty much standard, isn't it?

What I found more interesting in that article was how the stage was being shipped via 32 ocean containers and three 747 charter planes..

I think Popmart had two identical stages, just like for Vertigo in Australia ; when one is being dismantled after a show, the other can travel in the next city and vice versa.

They only use one screen. After the show the screen is wrapped up together with all the musical instruments and travels 'with the band' The steel structured base has already been setup in the other city. Only the screen and the musical instruments have to be setup there.. quite interesting, now isn't it?

wtonis said:
They only use one screen. After the show the screen is wrapped up together with all the musical instruments and travels 'with the band' The steel structured base has already been setup in the other city. Only the screen and the musical instruments have to be setup there.. quite interesting, now isn't it?

i see where you're comming from, but my reading of two "complete" systems sounds more like two fully complete stages, video screens etc, only thing that needs to be brought from show to show are the things that cant be duplicated (instruments, amps, band members ;) etc)

both theorys are very possible though :)

Always only one screen, and expensive equipment.

They use multiple steel setups and simply apply the screen and LED stage to it.

They then leapfrog the steel...

wtonis said:

not so sure you're right about that... notice below that the LED panels are all piled up and ready to be attached BEFORE the rest of the stage is set up...

IMG_4152.jpg

and here is a shot taken at a later point...

IMG_4169.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom