Soundchecks for future album....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Even though there haven't been many reports of people listening to rehearsals & soundchecks after the first show of this leg....

Has anyone who's eavesdropped on soundchecks heard anything they didn't recognize? Since so many of U2's songs come from playing around on old soundchecks, I've been wondering what the sound of their jams has been like on this tour. What's the mood like? What's the sound? Anything like The Bomb, or totally different?

So has anyone heard anything? it might shed some light on what they're up to, if they're working on HTDAAB left-overs..

you know there's been nothing, otherwise someone would have freaked out and said something.

we all wish, but it might be a while.

scottyT said:
you know there's been nothing, otherwise someone would have freaked out and said something.

we all wish, but it might be a while.

How come you say that? I think people actually have more of a tendency to report "they rehearsed Mofo" than "they were jamming but it didn't sound like anything we knew".

And I do think there was once a report of "they worked on [song], [other song], and some stuff we couldn't recognise, maybe new material". Toronto, maybe?

songs from soundchecks?

Pride (hawaii)
Zooropa
Stateless (australia)

I can't think of any other direct ones

Swan269 said:
songs from soundchecks?

Pride (hawaii)
Zooropa
Stateless (australia)

She's A Mystery To Me - Denver, JT Tour
Acrobat - Auckland, Lovetown Tour

TheBrazilianFly said:

Yeah, that's where Acrobat came from. I'd also like to clarify now that while She's A Mystery To Me was soundchecked in Denver on the JT Tour, that most likely was not the first instance. The song was fully formed enough to be recorded at Sun Studios just two or three weeks later.

To further add to the list, many of U2's songs in the early days were born in soundchecks. The October songs played on the Boy Tour - I Fall Down and Fire - were both 'soundcheck songs'. It's fair to say Father Is An Elephant probably was one too, and the same for A Celebration on the October Tour. I imagine much of the October album came from soundchecks. When Love Comes To Town was also a 'soundcheck song', I think. And on the JT Tour, they did two songs - My Time Hasn't Come and Move Out - that never made it to the live arena or official release.

oh i'm not saying it isn't possible but with our member's gestapo stalking techniques.... you'd think there would be mention.... in this wireless era. shoot i hope as much as everyone else that there will be new material, sooner rather than later. the more albums the boys put out the happier i'll be..... but you know how people are on here, knowing where the boys stay in hotels, asking them setlist questions.... etc. i'm just saying you'd think someone would have picked up on something new.

(i'm sure there will be a post tonight/tomorrow/or during conan about some new song being soundchecked or played, and i will delightfully rejoice and eat my words. hahaha).

love, scott.

scottyT said:
oh i'm not saying it isn't possible but with our member's gestapo stalking techniques.... you'd think there would be mention....

I know... But I agree with Axver in that I think people are more likely to report what they recognize than what they don't. I'm just trying to prod people's memories. :wink: And I do remember that one post talking about something someone didn't recognize...but I forget who wrote it.

We'll just have to wait and see! :shrug:

Swan269 said:
songs from soundchecks?

Pride (hawaii)
Zooropa
Stateless (australia)

They soundchecked Stateless ? For real ?

fair enough, fair enough. i would personally love to hear something new!! haha. anyway, hope everyone's doing well and getting fired up for conan tonight, where we'll hear Original of the Species in grand fashion.

Back
Top Bottom