Someone should tell Bono...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's 'coolness' is taking a serious hit on this tour. the jacket, the hat are nothing- the way he beats the drum during lapoe is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

jphelmet said:
Bono's 'coolness' is taking a serious hit on this tour. the jacket, the hat are nothing- the way he beats the drum during lapoe is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

That's what everyone said about those silly fly wrap around sunglasses. Good thing those didn't catch on.:wink:

jphelmet said:

:mad: :madspit:

You're lucky I am a mod

:wink:

:reject: I kinda agree with him.
I've said before that I think Bono looks like an anime character with the bandana and jacket. I'm starting to be less opposed to the jacket though. I think I'm just getting used to it. The man still has boat loads of cool, though.

And thanks, Elessarian! Beaker made a return as my avatar with the Charlotte onsale this weekend. His look represents how I felt trying to log on to the friggin' website. And yes I am going to be at both Atlanta shows:wink:

jphelmet said:

Yeah but Bono's much more entertaining when he's not being "cool". :applaud: The silly outfits and wierd dance moves make for a good laugh! :giggle:

joyfulgirl said:
He wears it during Zoo Station. It's not a policeman's hat but more like a train station agent's. Or whatever you call that person. What the hell do you call a guy that runs a train anyway?

Well, you can have a stationmaster who manages the station, the driver and fireman on a steam locomotive or just the driver ('engineer' in the US) on a diesel or electric locomotive, and conductors will manage the actual train if it is a passenger service, check tickets, et cetera, older services would have a guard/brakeman, and ... yeah, I'm a rail nerd.

jphelmet said:

Who gives a shit? He could come out dressed in an elephant suit for all I care. His 'coolness' is totally irrelevant to the quality of the music.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I think he's going for the Village Police look, I hear the Indian headdress is next

Maybe he's working up to the Full Monty.... :ohmy: :wink:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
:huh:

He did? Must have been for a few seconds, cause I sure as hell didn't see it :huh: And he and Edge were right in front of the elipse during Zoo Station..

Not that it's worth going on about, but I swear he had the damn hat on at least for a few minutes during Zoo Station at Denver 1, at least long enough for me to have the thought, "oh, cool, I forgot about the hat--haven't seen it since San Diego 1". I must have been seeing things which wouldn't surprise me after that hellish day in the GA line. :huh: But he walked right in front of me and I remember being happy to see the hat. :shrug:

Axver said:

Well, you can have a stationmaster who manages the station, the driver and fireman on a steam locomotive or just the driver ('engineer' in the US) on a diesel or electric locomotive, and conductors will manage the actual train if it is a passenger service, check tickets, et cetera, older services would have a guard/brakeman, and ... yeah, I'm a rail nerd.

:lol: Thanks.

Axver said:

Who gives a shit? He could come out dressed in an elephant suit for all I care. His 'coolness' is totally irrelevant to the quality of the music.

Oh so true Axver! Bono is the MAN!:rockon:

wow, its kind of kinky. Like S&M leather bar Bono.

I want the top hat back, that was my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom