Sitting behind the Stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uuu222

The Fly
I got a couple seats in 123 for the Dallas show. It's on the corner not directly behind the stage. What's the general opinion on seats in the rear corner?
I went to the Denver show and had seats directly beside the stage and from what I saw the seats in the corner didn't seem all that bad....any opinions.

From what I have read (haven't experienced these seats since I am in the snotty camp of GA's or nothing...:wink: ) these are the best kept secret of the indoor tours. You simply cannot beat the bang for the buck. I am quite sure you will enjoy these tickets for a very in demand show.

Here's some pics I took in Chicago from section 226 (right smack in the center behind the stage, about 6 rows into the second level) if it helps at all.

http://www.dutchbingo.net/U2/albums/ChicagoI/index.html

It seemed to me that 300-level rear stage might be a bit high with the lights hanging low and all, but where we were it was fine and we could see everything, even through the bead lights.

I have pretty much the identical seat (on the corner behind stage) in Cleveland, someone told me it was great also. Better be for $200!

Wow... thanks for those pictures... those are great!!! I have seats behind the stage, in the corner too (chicago, 228, ROW 1!!!). Now I'm a lot more excited... plus it's my first concert :hyper: There is only one thing I'm concerned about: can you see to the tip of the ellipse from back there?

Seen the Stones from behind mid-level at MSG, and Bruce Springsteen from behind an dthe side at several venues. I recommend it over most seats 'cept those very, very close, even if I'm high up behind.

blindinglights7 said:
Wow... thanks for those pictures... those are great!!! I have seats behind the stage, in the corner too (chicago, 228, ROW 1!!!). Now I'm a lot more excited... plus it's my first concert :hyper: There is only one thing I'm concerned about: can you see to the tip of the ellipse from back there?

With Row 1, you should be fine. We were 226, like row 6 or 8 or something and the lowest hanging lights were at times *almost* in the way of the tip of the ellipse, but not totally so it was fine. You'll be lower down so I don't think it will be a problem.

I wonder what The Stones set up will be for their upcoming tour? I've got a pair in section 419 (I believe) and I'm kind of nervous that they'll be really obstructed. I've also got some behind the stage seats for U2 in October, but knowing that there've been such great reports about their open concept, I'm totally confident they'll be great...especaill the 218s for 10/10! But yeah, I agree w/ you Travellin' Slim...I'd much rather be close and high (and if need be behind, as long as it's pretty open) than be low and across the arena (though I sat across the arena for U2 on Boston and even though it was so far away, it was still a great vantage point for the light curtains...I guess there are pros and cons no matter where you're sitting!

Last edited:
How is the sound from the back? I myself am thinking about buying some behind stage seats for Dallas. There so much cheaper than purchasing front stage seats.

Personally I'm a little nervous about GA in Oct, if I'm not right in front will it totally suck? Have read that if youre not right on the rail you might as well go hang out in the back to avoid the pushing & shoving.

I've never had GA, but I was at the Brooklyn Bridge show, so I guess that's about as close as I can get for comparison...I lucked out and was about 10 people back, but while we were waiting for them to come on, I turned around a couple of times and just could not imagine how bad the view must have been for some of the people far back. I'm short, so maybe that has a bit to do w/ it, but as much as the energy on the floor kicks some serious ass, I have a feeling it could kind of suck if your 50-60 people back (and short). I guess all you can do is get there as early as possible and hope for the best!

I have created a little clip from my pictures and vidoes with my digital camera from Boston 3. Let me know if I should do another YSI. I was at the side of the stage and in the last row of the fleetcenter and it was absolultely great! There are really no bad seats in the house.

Wow, that Brooklyn Bridge concert was amazing, someone made a vhs tape of it and sent it to me. Can't imagine actually being there! Was lucky enough to be inside the ellipse-on the rail-for Elevation.

Yeah! It was great. I got to school in NYC, so I skipped class, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, camped out, and made the mad dash for the stage! It was my first U2 concert (well, mini-concert), and it was just amazing! I have a feeling that's probably going to be about as close as I'll end up getting for a U2 concert (or any other concert for that matter...I would have topped it last Monday w/ 3rd row seats for Crosby, Stills, and Nash, but...well, it's just depressing, so we won't get into that! :| )

I'd love to snag some GAs for one of the shows at MSG that I'm not going to, but I think I've already gone kind of overboard w/ my nosebleeds/behind the stage seats! I guess we'll wait and see...maybe 10/7?? No classes on Fridays. Hmmm...I may just have to swing over to MSG and hope for a drop! We'll see, I guess.

You wouldn't know it from reading this board, but back of the floor is not bad at all.

cbradfly1 said:
You wouldn't know it from reading this board, but back of the floor is not bad at all.

I'd imagine it must get to a point where you're better off breaking off from the crowd (if that's at all possible, I have no idea) and just camp out in the very back. If nothing else, it's gotta be nice to know that you paid $50 for tix that people w/ the lowers across the arena paid $150 for! :wink:

I don't know. I guess I've always kind of thought that anything other than the front few rows on the floor (GA or seated for another band) would kind of stink since you're flat on the floor, for the most part. I don't know, maybe that's just the way I've justified it to myself, since all I can usually afford are nosebleeds! That's certainly very possible! :)

I'll be at the back of the floor on October 24! I have a GA and the people I'm going w/ all have seats so will be going later in the afternoon. Hopefully, I'll be able to video tape the concert...

BEVERLY56 said:
Oct 22 - Pittsburgh, where are they on the 24th?

Auburn Hills, Michigan, Oct 24 and 25. I'll be camping out after the 24 show so hopefully my spot on the 25th will make up for being in the back. But at least I only had to pay face value for the GAs for both days, so I won't really mind being in the back for once (and there's always that chance of going in the ellipse).

Ugh! Sorry, Beverly! I'm sure that it'll totally be worth it. When I saw them in Boston in May, I was clear across the arena, in the VERY last row, and the entire floor was going crazy! The energy on the floor looks like it's tough to top!

I don't mind paying it as long as I have a great time, and I can't imagine not having one. LivLuv, I was getting excited thinking I might have a GA line buddy, I couldn't remember the Pittsburgh date but alas...its not to be. i have no idea what time to arrive (its about 1-1/2 hrs from my home).

I was standing in the back for both Denver shows and it was great. Sound is excellent from there and nice open space. If possible stand right in front of the mixing board there's a floor mat placed there that "elevates" you a bit.

During Elevation (June 6, 2001 to be exact) we purchased "Behind the Stage" tickets that had something like row K stamped on them... when we got to the show, it turned out that we were the FIRST row! They move things around for the show and net-net, we were seated right above the stairs where the boys came out... it was fantastic. We had a great view, we were SO close and more importantly, could almost reach out and touch them as the entered/left the stage.

That said, 2 of my 7 nights coming up in NYC are behind the stage....

I sat in 226 row 2 in Chicago on May 10th and wow what a view that was! Needless to say you are not going to be even close to being disappointed with your seats! Does anyone know if the 200 levels behind the stage at Wachovia in Philadelphia are any good? I haven't been there before and it's kind of hard to read the layout of the center.

How about MSG? I've got 218 and 321 that I'm kind of curious about.

Thanks a bunch if anyone's got any feedback on anything in this general vacinity! Good to know the general consensus seems to be really positive about the seats behind the stage! I can't wait until October!!

Back
Top Bottom