Should I be paranoid? (ebay related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tawanda

The Fly
I purchased 2 GA tickets to Chicago May 9th from totallytickets on ebay. Their rating is 99.6% satisfaction. I haven't received the tickets yet! Oh and the auction ended February 1st. I sent an email asking about it and they assured me I would receive them, saying "look at our rating!" I just think it's getting kinda late and virtually everyone has already received their tickets for those dates...

I'm just getting nervous! Any advice?

:scream:

I would be. If you paid via paypal, you've already lost your 30 day money back protection--if the seller decides not to send you the tickets, there's nothing you can do.

Whenever buying on ebay, insist that the product gets shipped immediately--if you don't get it you can dispute the paypal payment within 30 days.

post negative feedback now with the disclaimer that it will be changed upon receiving the tickets.

kobayashi said:
post negative feedback now with the disclaimer that it will be changed upon receiving the tickets.

I would email them and threaten this before doing it. Some sellers will get nasty when they get a negative and feel like they have nothing left to lose and give you nothing. If you paid by credit card via paypal I think you can do a charge-back for months afterwards...

Last edited:
Dont be worried. I bought tickets from a guy named total-access who had excellent feedback ratings and got the tickets in 3 days! What I did was look at his previous feedback and see if he sold tickets on a regular basis.

kobayashi said:
Once posted negative feedback can't be changed. I would just email them and hound them every day till you get them. Ask them where they are right now.

tell them that if they don't send them to you, then you'll just have to go there and pick them up.

I dont think you can retract negative feedback once left. I wouldnt burn the bridge just yet.

yeah, that does seem kind of shady to just respond to you with, "look at our feedback."

their past feedback doesn't mean shit if they're not sending you what you paid for.

If the auction ended Feb. 1st, there's no way I would be waiting until almost April to get the tickets! :ohmy:

However, in this particular case, there's probably a very good reason - namely, they auctioned tickets they didn't have. Being a scalper, they assumed they'd get lots of tickets - and most likely they will. Once they get them, they'll send them to you. However, they don't have the tickets yet. This could be due to several reasons. Perhaps they legitimately bought the tickets from TM, but TM hasn't sent them yet. Alternatively, the seller hasn't secured tickets from his normal "sources" yet.

This reason is why you are getting the "look at our rating" type of explanations from the seller. He's implying that he is good to his word (meaning you will get your tickets) - but indirectly stating to be patient, when he gets the tickets so will you.

While my explanation is probably reality, it's also utter bs. Asking you to wait nearly 2 months for something is ludicrous by eBay standards. Worse is selling something he doesn't have. And even worse than that is his utter lack of explanation.

Therefore, I'd bombard him with e-mails (one sent every 2 days) stating that you STILL haven't received tickets yet. Then state a deadline - if he doesn't get back to you by a certain date with either tickets, a refund or at least a viable explanation, you will have no choice to report him to PayPal and eBay and give negative feedback. If you used PayPal, you can also try to get your $$ back from either your bank or credit card.

Good luck!

mikal said:
yeah, that does seem kind of shady to just respond to you with, "look at our feedback."

their past feedback doesn't mean shit if they're not sending you what you paid for.

Very well said.

It is also worth noting that 2 Chicago GA's are worth less $$ now (around $250) than they were in February (upwards of $400). The scalper must know this fact, and will attempt to assuage you first since it is likely (although not absolutely) that you paid more than what they are worth right now.

I would also check to see whether you can get your money refunded from your credit card/ebay/paypal/etc. prior to threatening the seller. (This approach may have been suggested above.) If you can get your money back, then the seller should be told of this fact when you think it's the right time keeping in mind that the show is still 6 weeks away.

Good luck!

yes, be very careful doing the negative feedback, even when it is. I followed the instructions Ebay had told me to do for a buyer who backed out, and that person put the most awful nasty feedback on mine, for no reason other than I did what Ebay told me to do, I even used the words they told me to put on the buyer who backed out. Ebay will do nothing for you when they do that, they just tell you tough luck. They should remove it, but they won't. Also, be aware that a lot of that positive feedback on those "power sellers" is from shills. They put up fake auctions and have their shills, relatives or whatever, "buy" and leave all that glowing feedback. I would never do it again, leave any negative feedback, in fact if I don't like it, and there are several things I've bought where it was weeks before they even communicated, because their nasty response is there forever on my feedback, and I did nothing wrong.

I had the same thing with tickets I bought. They obviously didn't really have them yet but sold them, and it was about 2 months. Finally when I told them that I was cancelling the sale, (because if you contact Ebay you can cancel the sale and the seller is supposed to give you your money back) they sent me, miraculously, my tickets. I think I know how some of those brokers are selling tickets, because I sold 2nd row tkts to a concert, and a broker bought them from me, and had me send them to his customer! I did not go to his web site to see what he had sold them for because I'm sure it was plenty. But I think sometimes they just take the regular people's tkts and resell them, even when they don't have them.

if the seller said he would deliver the tickets before the show is there really anything you can do?

even if the tickets get delivered 1 day before the show then didnt he live up to his promise?

kobayashi said:

no, don't do this. the last thing you want to do is piss the guy off.

did he say he had them in hand, or was waiting on delivery from TM?

Thanks so much for the advice. I will start sending him emails daily asking for specifics with the threat of leaving negative feedback. I was trying hard to be patient, but now that I've read all of your replys, I'm having an anxiety attack, afraid this won't be resolved soon enough. Yeah, I see the tickets are worth less today than I paid!

I had to by my May 7th tix from a ticket prick on ebay. He had a feedback of 100% with over 350 feedbacks. After almost 60 days, and several emails and runarounds, I had to file a square deal thing thru ebay. This is good for up to 60 days after the auction. AND I left negative feedback. He responded immediately and my tix are to be delivered tom.....if the package actually has them in it :) He kept stating the auction said he had up til two weeks before the show. I told him ebay's policy superceded anything he put in there and that I was tired of getting the runaround. I have no compassion for someone when they've had my dough for almost 2 months and I haven't received squat.

The irony of it all is that he said u2.com cancelled his tix after they found out he was a tout. That's why I didn't get the tix. But I looked at his feedback and he sent tix. to people who had spent more than I, but whose auctions ended a week after mine. That is what set me off. So props to Larry....they actually are doing what they said they would in regards to the touts.

bty...his name was knightrider. or k-rider. then changed it to ticket knight. Lives in Boston but the tix are coming from San diego. Screw the touts.

When I ordered off E-Bay I got my tickets within 2 days. It probably depends on if they had the tickets in hand and mailed them out immediatley + what type of mail. But if it's been over a month then I'd def. be kinda iffy.

neutral said:
Yeah but to the best of my knowledge someone has to pay the Squaretrade fee.

You can actually now do a 'mutal withdrawel' for free, the negative is removed but the comments stay.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/questions/mutual-withdrawal.html

For the thread starter, you have 90 days to leave feedback. I would not leave negative feedback yet. Try to resolve the situation in every way possible before leaving feedback.

This was their response!

From Totally Tickets
Sent Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:59 pm
To brudnrs@new.rr.com
Subject Re: Question for item #6507905156 - U2 CHICAGO MONDAY GA FLOOR VERTIGO TICKETS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It clearly stated in the auction that tickets can arrive just a few days before the show. We anticipate all the U2 Chicago tickets to be in Mid April.

Mike
Totally Tickets Inc.
210 36th Ave SW
Suite 1-C
Norman, OK 73072
1-800-459-2179
www.totallytickets.net
M - F, 8:30 AM - 5 PM CST
Sat and Sun by appointment
----- Original Message -----
To: mike@totallytickets.net
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 6:23 PM
Subject: Question for item #6507905156 - U2 CHICAGO MONDAY GA FLOOR VERTIGO TICKETS

Dear totallytickets,

I need to know where we are in getting these tickets in hand. I need to know when to expect them and a tracking number. I have tried to be patient waiting for these, but it's been almost 2 months since I've won them! I do not want to leave negative feedback. If you are unable to send these within 5 days, I would like a refund of my money.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

It does say in their description the item can arrive days before the show. Thats why I'm afraid I have no recourse in getting this resolved. I'm just worried they don't actually have the tickets. It seems everyone has already received theirs.

tawanda said:
We anticipate all the U2 Chicago tickets to be in Mid April.

I would ask him since when is there a "via dogsled" option on Ticketmaster for delivery of tickets. If it were me, at this point, I would probably tell him if he can't produce the tics in a week to kindly refund you your money so that you can get the tics elsewhere. That's a joke. Ticketmaster doesn't take THAT long to mail the tics out no matter what the delivery option.

Another response saying they don't even have my name on file!!!

I paid through paypal and have proof! It's a good thing I didn't wait it out as they suggested! I would never have received them!!! I have a friend flying in from Virginia to see this show with me! A lot is riding on these tickets!

Back
Top Bottom